Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 3 of 4
Re: Stones Fan VS Stones Fanatic
Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: February 11, 2013 20:08

JumpinJackOLantern
GasLightStreet
JumpinJackOLantern
My wife is telling me I have crossed over from fan to fanatic. Is that bad or good? What is the difference? And at what point do you cross over? I know many of you think I am over zealous when it comes to the Stones, but at what point is therapy required? Is there such a thing as Stones addiction? And what is the treatment?

Bad.

The difference? A fan is someone that isn't full of illuions. You "crossed over" long ago.

Your treatment is to zip it.

Obviously 'The Watchman' wasn't a chick.

Sorry to disappoint you, but we are all just one big (albeit dysfunctional) family of fanatics. Which means, you and I are like "brothers" in a "Stonesy" sort of way! Peace, brother.smileys with beer

Was answering your questions, which I see you chose not to acknowledge. I ain't yer brother either. I'm not whack.

Date: February 11, 2013 20:10

GasLightStreet
JumpinJackOLantern
GasLightStreet
JumpinJackOLantern
My wife is telling me I have crossed over from fan to fanatic. Is that bad or good? What is the difference? And at what point do you cross over? I know many of you think I am over zealous when it comes to the Stones, but at what point is therapy required? Is there such a thing as Stones addiction? And what is the treatment?

Bad.

The difference? A fan is someone that isn't full of illuions. You "crossed over" long ago.

Sorry to disappoint you, but we are all just one big (albeit dysfunctional) family of fanatics. Which means, you and I are like "brothers" in a "Stonesy" sort of way! Peace, brother.smileys with beer

Was answering your questions, which I see you chose not to acknowledge. I ain't yer brother either. I'm not whack.

Thanks. I always appreciate your input, brother. smileys with beer

Posted by: LSTNT ()
Date: February 11, 2013 20:15

I rescheduled two surgeries to go to shows. Beacon 2( drove from show 4 hours directly to hospital) and the Dec 15 PPV.. Fan or fanatic????

Date: February 11, 2013 20:17

latebloomer
...personally i haven't spent squat on the Stones compared to how much they have
given me. i've gotten back a hundred times what i've given them.

That's really what it's all about, superrevvy.smileys with beer[/quote]

Yeah, baby, the bottom line, the bottom line!smileys with beer

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: February 11, 2013 20:20

LSTNT
I rescheduled two surgeries to go to shows. Beacon 2( drove from show 4 hours directly to hospital) and the Dec 15 PPV.. Fan or fanatic????

Depends. How did the surgeries go?

Date: February 11, 2013 20:25

LSTNT

If there is one band that justifies fanaticism, it's the Stones! I say we embrace it! Maybe, even re-define it?

Date: February 11, 2013 20:27

Kurt
bv
If you are a fan then you play their music. If you are a fanatic then you post on IORR and you are holding back on your summer holidays 2013.

By that logic:

Hello, I'm Kurt and I'm a fanatic.

I admire your courage to stand up and tell the truth!

Posted by: LSTNT ()
Date: February 11, 2013 20:29

Munichhilton
LSTNT

Well i'm still here, so that's a good thing. The Beacon 2 show I probably should not have gone to, I cut that a little too close, but had a hell of a time. I never really understood all the complaints about the hired babes down front, who cares, the Stones rocked hard that night. Amazing to see them in such a small venue.

Date: February 11, 2013 20:33

LSTNT
Munichhilton
LSTNT

Well i'm still here, so that's a good thing. The Beacon 2 show I probably should not have gone to, I cut that a little too close, but had a hell of a time. I never really understood all the complaints about the hired babes down front, who cares, the Stones rocked hard that night. Amazing to see them in such a small venue.

You are a true Stones Trooper! smileys with beer

Date: February 11, 2013 20:34

JumpinJackOLantern
GasLightStreet
JumpinJackOLantern
GasLightStreet
JumpinJackOLantern

Bad.

Date: February 11, 2013 20:42

GasLightStreet
JumpinJackOLantern
GasLightStreet
JumpinJackOLantern
GasLightStreet
JumpinJackOLantern

Bad.

Great band. No doubt about that.

Posted by: The Joker ()
Date: February 11, 2013 21:23

Posted by: angee ()
Date: February 11, 2013 21:29

drbryant, haha.

I guess the young fellow standing next to me, blocking my view as well as those behind him with his "Charlie, give me your stick" sign falls into The Female Fan. He kept showing it to those behind him early on, while loudly proclamining, "I'm not gay!"

btw, donnarq1, good stuff!

~"Love is Strong"~

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-02-11 21:34 by angee.

Date: February 11, 2013 21:33

The Joker

And even greater band! And currently tied with the Beatles for "greatest of all time"!

#1. The Rolling Stones and The Beatles

#3. The Sonics
#4. The Doors
#5. The Jimi Hendrix Experience
#6. The Who
#7. The Grateful Dead
#8. Led Zep
#9. The Beach Boys
#10. The Kinks

Re: I LOVE THE STONES thumbs up
Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: February 11, 2013 22:26

JumpinJackOLantern
I like to think of you as a Stones Fanatic Man!smileys with beer

Well, if that makes you happy, go ahead smiling smiley

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Date: February 11, 2013 22:27

GasLightStreet
I'm not whack.

You're just kidding, right ?

-------------------

Posted by: rogerriffin ()
Date: February 11, 2013 23:08

in 1998 i was a fan and spent 10usd for the Bridges To Babylon show... in 2012 i was a fanatic spending almost 1000usd for one ticket...

Posted by: bv ()
Date: February 12, 2013 00:32

If there is a big anniversary in family, and at the same time we have a Stones club show ticket in our hand for the very same date, we would rather go to the club show that do the anniversary. Let's face the facts. Our better halfs, family and friends do understand what matters - to fanatics.

Bjornulf

Posted by: MisterO ()
Date: February 12, 2013 00:42

Stones fan....."I can;t wait till the Stones come to our local venue"

Stones fanatic......"I got the tour itinery, looks like hotel, tickets and airlines are going to cost us about $30,000 each'

Posted by: donnarq1 ()
Date: February 12, 2013 01:12

Hey...Angee smiling smiley

Date: February 12, 2013 01:18

Rolling Hansie
GasLightStreet
I'm not whack.

I'm not even kidding.

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: February 12, 2013 08:04

I suppose fanatics have more fun than just a fan...

2 1 2 0

Date: February 12, 2013 09:05

GasLightStreet
Rolling Hansie
GasLightStreet
I'm not whack.

I'm not even kidding.

... odd kidding ?

-------------------

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: February 12, 2013 14:23

drbryant
There are so many different types of Stones devoted behavior, you really have to categorize them:

1. The "Collector." Has a massive collection of Stones stuff, and is focused on rare/valuable items. Scours Ebay at night, and looks for used record stores on family holidays. Eyes have gone bad from checking matrix numbers in run out grooves. Often heard using terms like "ffrr ears label", "Shelly Press", and "bloody can cover". May also collect ticket stubs, autographs and other memorabilia. Has a display case for his best items.

2. The "Music Fan". Has conducted extensive research on the Stones music and its roots/influences. Was introduced to US blues history via the Stones, and now regards himself as an expert. Can often recite the order of the tracks on all Stones albums and may know the time of each track. Knows what bass amp Bill used, and who played finger cymbals on Goat's Head Soup. Spends much of his time telling other he's "in it for the music." May play in a tribute band.

3. The "Bootleg Guy". Collects unreleased music. Knows which Stones shows exist on bootleg, and whether they are audience, soundboard, etc. Can tell you whether the "breakfast show" at MSG was better than the evening show. No archive releases shock him because, well, he already owns it all. Sometimes has a tape that he thinks no one else has, so he keeps it under lock and key.

4. The "Female Fan". Has almost zero interest in the first 3 categories, but thinks Mick is hot. Has lots of posters and magazines. After a show, can't remember what songs were played, but can tell you what Keith was wearing. Spends the night before a show painting a sign that says "Mick, I love U!!", which she holds up at the show, blocking the view of people behind her. Throws stuff onstage, which is collected by staff and thrown out after each show. Won't admit that she actually likes "Streets of Love."

5. The "Live Show Regular". Goes to multiple shows on every tour. Has been in every major football stadium in Europe, but has never seen a game. Saves his ticket stubs and has two drawers full of Stones event T-shirts. Been fired at least once for neglecting his work to see the Stones, and has already taken out a second mortgage to fund the higher ticket prices in 2013.

6. The "IORR Regular". Spends hours every day reading posts on IORR and writing responses. Feels a strong sense of pride when a thread he started has multiple pages of responses. Has been fired at least once for using up too much bandwidth at work.

If you're only in one category, you're probably OK. If two categories apply, you should at least be concerned. If three or more apply, then "fanatic" is putting it mildly.

I'm easily 3, ha ha!!! ...and I like it.

Date: February 12, 2013 16:44

drbryant
There are so many different types of Stones devoted behavior, you really have to categorize them:

1. The "Collector." Has a massive collection of Stones stuff, and is focused on rare/valuable items. Scours Ebay at night, and looks for used record stores on family holidays. Eyes have gone bad from checking matrix numbers in run out grooves. Often heard using terms like "ffrr ears label", "Shelly Press", and "bloody can cover". May also collect ticket stubs, autographs and other memorabilia. Has a display case for his best items.

2. The "Music Fan". Has conducted extensive research on the Stones music and its roots/influences. Was introduced to US blues history via the Stones, and now regards himself as an expert. Can often recite the order of the tracks on all Stones albums and may know the time of each track. Knows what bass amp Bill used, and who played finger cymbals on Goat's Head Soup. Spends much of his time telling other he's "in it for the music." May play in a tribute band.

3. The "Bootleg Guy". Collects unreleased music. Knows which Stones shows exist on bootleg, and whether they are audience, soundboard, etc. Can tell you whether the "breakfast show" at MSG was better than the evening show. No archive releases shock him because, well, he already owns it all. Sometimes has a tape that he thinks no one else has, so he keeps it under lock and key.

4. The "Female Fan". Has almost zero interest in the first 3 categories, but thinks Mick is hot. Has lots of posters and magazines. After a show, can't remember what songs were played, but can tell you what Keith was wearing. Spends the night before a show painting a sign that says "Mick, I love U!!", which she holds up at the show, blocking the view of people behind her. Throws stuff onstage, which is collected by staff and thrown out after each show. Won't admit that she actually likes "Streets of Love."

5. The "Live Show Regular". Goes to multiple shows on every tour. Has been in every major football stadium in Europe, but has never seen a game. Saves his ticket stubs and has two drawers full of Stones event T-shirts. Been fired at least once for neglecting his work to see the Stones, and has already taken out a second mortgage to fund the higher ticket prices in 2013.

6. The "IORR Regular". Spends hours every day reading posts on IORR and writing responses. Feels a strong sense of pride when a thread he started has multiple pages of responses. Has been fired at least once for using up too much bandwidth at work.

If you're only in one category, you're probably OK. If two categories apply, you should at least be concerned. If three or more apply, then "fanatic" is putting it mildly.

I'm in trouble ... smileys with beer ... Cheers anyway

-------------------

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: February 12, 2013 20:40

Rolling Hansie
drbryant

I'm in trouble ... smileys with beer ... Cheers anyway

So am I. The only two I don't have anything in common with are the Collector and - the Female Fan. I've obviously got problems.

Date: February 12, 2013 20:45

Rolling Hansie
GasLightStreet
Rolling Hansie
GasLightStreet
I'm not whack.

I'm not even kidding.

... odd kidding ?

Not even faint.

As if anything Trollin50 says matters. Taurus feces!

Posted by: lucilejagger ()
Date: February 12, 2013 22:33

drbryant

Oooops... I'm in two categories, and have only been listening to the Stones for 2 years... This is how you turn into a Stones fanatic, but... Why not just keep it to ourselves ?

Posted by: McQwerty ()
Date: February 12, 2013 22:44

I'm bloody Stones fanatic!

Date: February 12, 2013 22:47

GasLightStreet
Taurus feces!

sicut canis qui revertitur ad vomitum suum sic inprudens qui iterat stultitiam sua!

-------------------

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 3 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1246
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home