Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: keith in his home in connecticut 2011 (cbs 11 minutes))
Date: February 10, 2013 03:45

TMONTANA
Palace Revolution 2000
Why is Keith supposed to act or dress like anyone else's notion of how a 60 year old ought to. he has made his whole life by his own rules - that is a huge reason why this very board even exists.
yes, I agree that he would probably look great in a suit; very slick, and dangerous. But he was in leather when all others ran around in flower-beads.
And those one liners with those white teeth go nowhere - what does that even mean "it's just trying to convince everyone else..har har.."but - there's those zingers. And then there are large passages of great insight and wisdom.
some guy said to them "don't grow old gracefully", and we all pretty much applauded that statement. I think he is doing just that.
Palace, actually Keith is 69 years old,and frankly l don't give a shit how he grows old,you are right,it is his business,but,imo he is acting like what he believes people want "Keith Richards " to act..But, hey diferent strokes for different folks...

60, 70, does it matter at that point? LOL
What I do wonder is about the lemons. I mean - does Keith himself dig the dirt, and pull out weeds? Go out and water them every day?
Or does he venture out once a day to inspect? Like rub the leaves with deep knowledge, and nod; "carry on, carry on...mumble mumble..'"

Posted by: TMONTANA ()
Date: February 10, 2013 03:50

Palace Revolution 2000
TMONTANA
Palace Revolution 2000
Why is Keith supposed to act or dress like anyone else's notion of how a 60 year old ought to. he has made his whole life by his own rules - that is a huge reason why this very board even exists.
yes, I agree that he would probably look great in a suit; very slick, and dangerous. But he was in leather when all others ran around in flower-beads.
And those one liners with those white teeth go nowhere - what does that even mean "it's just trying to convince everyone else..har har.."but - there's those zingers. And then there are large passages of great insight and wisdom.
some guy said to them "don't grow old gracefully", and we all pretty much applauded that statement. I think he is doing just that.
Palace, actually Keith is 69 years old,and frankly l don't give a shit how he grows old,you are right,it is his business,but,imo he is acting like what he believes people want "Keith Richards " to act..But, hey diferent strokes for different folks...

60, 70, does it matter at that point? LOL
What I do wonder is about the lemons. I mean - does Keith himself dig the dirt, and pull out weeds? Go out and water them every day?
Or does he venture out once a day to inspect? Like rub the leaves with deep knowledge, and nod; "carry on, carry on...mumble mumble..'"
LOL, man, l can't picture Keith in his knees planting anything....Although l remenber seeing a picture of him ion the 70's in his knees in a hotel room,looking for some Coke that he dropped,but now days ..No way..winking smiley

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: February 10, 2013 03:58

From many accounts and his own admission, Keith Richards is at heart a shy person. If he uses certain mannerisms and stock jokes to get himself through what must be a nervous making experience for him, then I think he can be forgiven for that. He has earned the right to behave however he wants. The cool detached persona you want him to be TMONTANA fit well when he was hiding behind heroin, it can't be that easy for him anymore. I am just happy to see him in any capacity; he looks great in that CBS story, happy and healthy. It's to bad for you that you choose to focus on your disappointment at what you call his lame jokes and appearance instead.

Date: February 10, 2013 04:06

latebloomer
From many accounts and his own admission, Keith Richards is at heart a shy person. If he uses certain mannerisms and stock jokes to get himself through what must be a nervous making experience for him, then I think he can be forgiven for that. He has earned the right to behave however he wants. The cool detached persona you want him to be TMONTANA fit well when he was hiding behind heroin, it can't be that easy for him anymore. I am just happy to see him in any capacity; he looks great in that CBS story, happy and healthy. It's to bad for you that you choose to focus on your disappointment at what you call his lame jokes and appearance instead.
LB,maybe you have a point,who knows what he really is like.....

Posted by: peter wilson ()
Date: February 10, 2013 04:06

TMONTANA - joined thirteen days ago

'nuff said

Date: February 10, 2013 04:10

peter wilson

'nuff said
So cause l just joined the board,although, l have been around for a long time,l am not entitled to give my opinion?????

Posted by: DaveG ()
Date: February 10, 2013 04:28

Wow, a bit of criticism about Keith here. I wonder what we'll all be like when 69 years old! (Of course, maybe some of you are already there). But, we are disappointed when he, or any other public person, does not fit in to our expectations. Neither Keith nor any of the Stones will be much like what they were 40 years ago. He can be easily defined as an elderly man, and yet he still seems to enjoy life in his OWN way. SO, if he tells a joke or two, so what? He has earned the right, by virtue of his age and experiences, to be or say anything he bloody wants. There is a charm about him, a kind of playfulness, that I find endearing. Yet, back in the day, I liked him as "Keith Richards", the devil-may-care anchor of the Stones. I am just glad that he did the interview, as it gives me a glimpse into his home and life today. GOd bless Keith and I'm glad he is still around.

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: February 10, 2013 04:33

Fantastic stuff. He won me over with the lemon trees.

Keith has become an American.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: February 10, 2013 10:36

The Sicilian

I think his playing was a bit better while a Brit.

Posted by: JJackFl ()
Date: February 10, 2013 18:29

great find!
...and I always wonder is his eyes make up his tattoo?

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: February 10, 2013 19:18

TMONTANA
peter wilson

'nuff said
So cause l just joined the board,although, l have been around for a long time,l am not entitled to give my opinion?????

Sure, but only Rockman can have a picture under each post. smoking smiley

Date: February 11, 2013 00:22

Koen
TMONTANA
peter wilson

'nuff said

Sure, but only Rockman can have a picture under each post. smoking smiley
LOL,Well then my apologies to the mighty Rockman,but as they say"Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery"...winking smiley

Posted by: VT22 ()
Date: February 11, 2013 00:30

The Sicilian

Make that a modern redneck. Calling Jagger's solo efforts a cheap shot is not done.

Posted by: riverrat ()
Date: February 11, 2013 02:04

thumbs up that was good. i like him. he is cool, intelligent, and funny. he would like more of a friendship relationship with Mick, it's just that he doesn't want to socialize with Mick the way Mick likes to socialize. i can totally understand that. he seems to prefer hanging out at home, like in the old days. so they should go hang out at Keith's house and have some more bonding time. they should stay up all night long and write some music in the early morning hours. isn't that how they wrote JJF?

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: February 11, 2013 04:20

isn't that how they wrote JJF? .. yep early am hours ..
Daybreak ...Jack the gardner crunching past on the gravel .....

ROCKMAN

Date: February 11, 2013 04:42

I can't even imagine Mick and Keith hanging out together anymore. can you imagine ? Mick would get antsy right away; sneaking glances at his watch; checking his phone every two seconds.

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: February 11, 2013 04:53

The differences between Mick and Keith aside, "hanging out" is something mainly done at an age when males are more fraternal in nature [when rock bands are formed], such as when kids or very young adults. Socially speaking, "hanging out" begins to diminish after one's college years, drops sharply by age 30 and all but disappears once a man marries and starts a family. Lennon and McCartney would hang out until their mid-30s, but by the age of 40 Lennon was turning McCartney away when he would be in town for a visit, because it wasn't for Lennon like the "old days" any longer.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: February 11, 2013 18:04

TMONTANA
All l can say is that Clapton,Bowie,Paul McCartney,Bruce, are very close in age to Keith, also have a great history,and yet they act with dignity,not like an old man still trying to be young,and failing miserably...

That statement, failing miserably, has always made me wonder - it says that you're bad at failing.

Shouldn't it be failing fantastically? Failing brilliantly? Failing excelently?

Think of all the silly statements you hear - blind as a bat. Well, actually, bats have good eye site. A mole, on the other hand...

Drink like a fish. Well, technically, fish don't drink.

So failing miserably, well, I guess that's barely failing.

Posted by: Donnebr ()
Date: August 27, 2015 03:55

I thought he came across as pretty decent

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: August 27, 2015 15:03

troll alert

Posted by: tumbled ()
Date: August 27, 2015 15:23

I don't think there is anything disgraceful about being honest and being true to himself. and he is very eloquent and expressive and intelligent unlike the little box everyone wanted to put him into. Go Keith

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1985
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home