Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT: Sunday Grammy tributes to Bob Marley and Levon Helm, plus Dr. John with the Black Keys
Posted by: superrevvy ()
Date: February 8, 2013 09:24

(because of Levon Helm and Dr. John, i decided this deserves a thread of its own)

Damian and one of his bros (Ziggy I think) rehearsing for their Grammy
performance Sunday, a tribute to Bob Marley, which will also feature Sting and
this very very cool chick from Barbados (pictured) who has worshipped Bob since
she was five years old. Right up Keith's alley, but alas...

Also on the Grammys, the In Memoriam tribute gathers Elton John, Mumford & Sons,
Zac Brown, Alabama Shakes singer Brittany Howard and Mavis Staples for a salute to
the late Levon Helm, with T Bone Burnett on board as musical director.

Also, performing a song from best album contender El Camino, the Black Keys will
be joined by members of Preservation Hall Jazz Band and Dr. John, aka Mac
Rebennack, 72.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2013-02-08 11:25 by superrevvy.

Re: OT: Sunday Grammy tributes to Bob Marley and Levon Helm, plus Dr. John with the Black Keys
Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: February 8, 2013 15:06

very nice ,the least that lee deserves

Re: OT: Sunday Grammy tributes to Bob Marley and Levon Helm, plus Dr. John with the Black Keys
Date: February 8, 2013 15:24

same rehearsees as in pic above, but with their fellow performers, sting and bruno mars

Date: February 8, 2013 23:30

TheGreek
very nice ,the least that lee deserves

my first reaction was elton john!? undoubtedly singing levon wtf!?

but it turns out, according to wikipedia, that levon was indeed inspired by
levon helm, because at that point The Band was elton and bernie's favorite.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-02-09 01:28 by superrevvy.

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: February 9, 2013 22:04

I always watch the Grammy show but lately with Rhiaana, and all of the hip hop, and that ANNOYING Taylor Swift winning awards she should never win...I don't enjoy it much at all. This year we have to deal with more tributes to Whitney....And I see no value in the Black Keyes at all....oh well, guess I just showed my age!

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: February 14, 2013 15:47

I was most disappointed in this tribute. Don't understand why we needed to hear Sting and Bruno Mars sing their own songs as a way of saying they were influenced by Marley. Could have been a much more fitting tribute with just all the Marley clan doing some sort of medley.

Posted by: DoomandGloom ()
Date: February 14, 2013 17:11

Mon, that was not reggae what they played, I don't care how many Marleys they present on the stage. Funny how "Last Waltz" veteran Dr. John was left out of the Levon tribute, I guess they needed a few more British hillbillies instead. "The Weight" needs a rest as it's been battered and slashed by more musicians than any other song in history. Levon's career was so much more than the one song. Elton is an amazing musician, how he easily fits those Elton chords into any song is a marvel. Yes he knew The Band well,............................... "Levon likes his money"

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2013-02-14 17:17 by DoomandGloom.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1961
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home