Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
"Classics Era" Should End Saturday Night!
Date: December 13, 2012 21:57

OK Stones, you have proven to the world that you can still perform at an extremely high level on stage. Playing the "classics" for your 50th anniversary tour was perfectly acceptable. In fact, it was quite enjoyable. But let's try a new direction beginning on New Year's Day. Let's call it the "last artistic era". Let's get our little fannies into the studio come the first of the year and create some new and interesting music. Shoot for one, two, maybe three more new albums over the next three years and play the devil out of them! If that means clubs and theaters, then so be it. Time to look forward, not back.

Re: "Classics Era" Should End Saturday Night!
Posted by: jamesfdouglas ()
Date: December 13, 2012 22:00

This would require them go become "arists" again. You've missed that boat by 30 years, I'm afraid. Not gonna happen. Took them 7 years to fart out those 2 new "songs", doyou really think this is even worthy of discussion?

[thepowergoats.com]

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: December 13, 2012 22:05

jamesfdouglas
This would require them go become "arists" again. You've missed that boat by 30 years, I'm afraid. Not gonna happen. Took them 7 years to fart out those 2 new "songs", doyou really think this is even worthy of discussion?

I didn't hear any flatulence on there...I'll go check again

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: December 13, 2012 22:07

They need new influences and players with the band, and that ain't gonna happen. Hell, there's no one new on that stage with them since when, 1989? And that was Matt Clifford. Keith's range has diminished to a few familiar chords. The upcoming possible tour in 2013 doesn't require an album. It's a Greatest Hits tour. And how are we supposed to get excited about another album with the same producer, probably, and the same lame bass player?

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: December 13, 2012 22:07

jamesfdouglas

Come on, don't be such a pessimist! At that rate we'll have a fresh new Stones album by 2040. Can't wait.

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: December 13, 2012 22:15

This is comedy, right?

Posted by: GravityBoy ()
Date: December 13, 2012 22:15

Keith ain't going to sit there for 8 hours until it is "just so" anymore.

That was 35 years ago.

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: December 13, 2012 22:16

Sure enough....I think someone farted in One More Shot

Date: December 14, 2012 00:34

The Classic Era will end precisely at 11:59 Saturday night. They will then enter the Paleotonic Era...or something.

Date: December 14, 2012 01:14

jamesfdouglas

I see a ray of light at the end of the tunnel. Mick has said he wants to do a new Stones album. Yes, they need to become "artists" again. About all we can do is keep the pressure on them and hope they see the light before it is too late.

Date: December 14, 2012 01:18

24FPS
They need new influences and players with the band, and that ain't gonna happen. Hell, there's no one new on that stage with them since when, 1989? And that was Matt Clifford. Keith's range has diminished to a few familiar chords. The upcoming possible tour in 2013 doesn't require an album. It's a Greatest Hits tour. And how are we supposed to get excited about another album with the same producer, probably, and the same lame bass player?

They have been doing greatest hits tours for decades. The only way we will become excited is when we see they are serious about becoming artists again. The two new songs were a step in the right direction. Many more steps need to follow.

Date: December 14, 2012 01:19

71Tele
jamesfdouglas

Come on, don't be such a pessimist! At that rate we'll have a fresh new Stones album by 2040. Can't wait.

There you go again, Tele, with the negative waves. Did you ever play any organized sports growing up?

Date: December 14, 2012 01:21

Rokyfan
This is comedy, right?

No, more like a nightmare.

Date: December 14, 2012 01:22

GravityBoy
Keith ain't going to sit there for 8 hours until it is "just so" anymore.

That was 35 years ago.

Well, maybe they can work more efficient these days. Ronnie seems to think so.

Posted by: shadooby ()
Date: December 14, 2012 01:28

Yeah...and keep Blondie and the rest of those guys OUT OF THE STUDIO!!! You can make it if you try.

Date: December 14, 2012 01:34

shadooby
Yeah...and keep Blondie and the rest of those guys OUT OF THE STUDIO!!! You can make it if you try.

Agreed.

Posted by: Rev. Robert W. ()
Date: December 14, 2012 01:43

JumpinJackOLantern
I see a ray of light at the end of the tunnel. Mick has said he wants to do a new Stones album. Yes, they need to become "artists" again. About all we can do is keep the pressure on them and hope they see the light before it is too late.

There are those of us who would keep "artistic" pressure on the Stones. I myself exercise two very feeble options to that end.

One is to pass on $800+ "lower bowl" opportunities to salute them during a focus-grouped oldies show. My diet is also light on $150 collections of witlessly chosen "greatest hits" baited with a handful of unreleased Chess Records covers.

The other is to come to this board and wonder aloud about how fun and exciting it would be if the band tried to shake up its act even a little bit. (Granted, it must feel to Blondie Chaplin as though the band has shaken it up a lot.)

Yep, I know. Bring on the "reaaaaaaalllly big fans..." I'm a whiner.

In all seriousness: If anyone can think of a way to maneuver the Stones into a working partnership that would produce anything interesting, memorable...or maybe even actually great, then I will gladly lend my support.

Picks for the day: "Empty Heart," "You Gotta Move," (Love You Live), "Black Limousine," "Terrifying," "Let Me Down Slow"

Date: December 14, 2012 01:51

Rev. Robert W.
JumpinJackOLantern

There are those of us who would keep "artistic" pressure on the Stones. I myself exercise two very feeble options to that end.

One is to pass on $800+ "lower bowl" opportunities to salute them during a focus-grouped oldies show. My diet is also light on $150 collections of witlessly chosen "greatest hits" baited with a handful of unreleased Chess Records covers.

The other is to come to this board and wonder aloud about how fun and exciting it would be if the band tried to shake up its act even a little bit. (Granted, it must feel to Blondie Chaplin as though the band has shaken it up a lot.)

Yep, I know. Bring on the "reaaaaaaalllly big fans..." I'm a whiner.

In all seriousness: If anyone can think of a way to maneuver the Stones into a working partnership that would produce anything interesting, memorable...or maybe even actually great, then I will gladly lend my support.

Picks for the day: "Empty Heart," "You Gotta Move," (Love You Live), "Black Limousine," "Terrifying," "Let Me Down Slow"

Good comments. The best thing we can do is be relentless about voicing our opinions on this board. I believe IORR to be a direct line to the Stones. I have to believe that or I wouldn't be here.

Posted by: GADAWG ()
Date: December 14, 2012 01:52

Have you communicated any of this to Chuck? Maybe you should give ole Rose a call....

drinking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-12-14 04:09 by GADAWG.

Date: December 14, 2012 01:55

JumpinJackOLantern
71Tele
jamesfdouglas

There you go again, Tele, with the negative waves. Did you ever play any organized sports growing up?

Team sports, that is.

Date: December 14, 2012 02:00

JumpinJackOLantern
71Tele
jamesfdouglas

2 songs, 7 years; 10 songs 35 years. Do the math.

Posted by: HerMajestyBrenda ()
Date: December 14, 2012 02:05

To sum up the discussion: One More Fart

Date: December 14, 2012 02:19

71Tele
JumpinJackOLantern
71Tele
jamesfdouglas

2 songs, 7 years; 10 songs 35 years. Do the math.

Negative people always look for reasons why something can't be done.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: December 14, 2012 02:28

They've got the songs between them for sure, whether they're good enough to warrant releasing a new album that will last more than a lunchtime unlike ABB is another question...

Date: December 14, 2012 02:41

gotdablouse
They've got the songs between them for sure, whether they're good enough to warrant releasing a new album that will last more than a lunchtime unlike ABB is another question...

Certainly before we get the answer to that question they will have to commit to giving it their best effort. Mick and Keith really need to be getting along to make something wonderful happen. Lets hope they haven't developed some new rift between them and end up parting ways right after the PPV concert on Saturday. That could bring everything to a crashing halt.

Posted by: alimente ()
Date: December 14, 2012 02:59

It's a serious case of "been there, done that". What's left for them apart from repetition?

If a new album happens at all - don't expect miracles. It's crucial that they come up with some great songs. No second- or thirdrate trash like Dangerous Beauty, Infamy or the like.

But do you seriously believe that they still have Wild Horses or Gimme Shelter-quality level stuff in them?

Date: December 14, 2012 03:16

alimente
It's a serious case of "been there, done that". What's left for them apart from repetition?

If a new album happens at all - don't expect miracles. It's crucial that they come up with some great songs. No second- or thirdrate trash like Dangerous Beauty, Infamy or the like.

But do you seriously believe that they still have Wild Horses or Gimme Shelter-quality level stuff in them?

There is no reason to believe they don't have at least one great album left in them. They have a lifetime of experiences to draw from. If Dylan and Neil Young can do it, so can they. The key is getting them to commit and then work together.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: December 14, 2012 03:20

Of course there is .... oh great negative one

ROCKMAN

Posted by: alimente ()
Date: December 14, 2012 04:50

JumpinJackOLantern
alimente

There is no reason to believe they don't have at least one great album left in them. They have a lifetime of experiences to draw from. If Dylan and Neil Young can do it, so can they. The key is getting them to commit and then work together.

No reason? Really?

You mean the good stuff is still in them and all it takes is us to kick them in their butts to get it out?

Posted by: MrMonte ()
Date: December 14, 2012 04:59

JumpinJackOLantern
OK Stones, you have proven to the world that you can still perform at an extremely high level on stage. Playing the "classics" for your 50th anniversary tour was perfectly acceptable. In fact, it was quite enjoyable. But let's try a new direction beginning on New Year's Day. Let's call it the "last artistic era". Let's get our little fannies into the studio come the first of the year and create some new and interesting music. Shoot for one, two, maybe three more new albums over the next three years and play the devil out of them! If that means clubs and theaters, then so be it. Time to look forward, not back.

Love this idea! And by the way, whatever you're drinking, I want some!

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2368
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home