Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Interview with YCAGWYW choir member....
Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: December 4, 2012 16:02

Green Lady
"Nothing can prepare you. Nothing."

We were close enough to watch the choir assemble on stage in the darkness and to realise what was going to happen - but when the lights went up and the rest of the O2 found out, the roar was deafening. They waited a bit for it to die down, but it didn't, not until several bars into the song. Being there and trying to sing against that, cold, first time on a stage that big, must have been overwhelming, and they did it brilliantly.

Thanks for the article, ManofWealthandTaste. Sorry you missed out on Thursday.

Great observation. Put me right back there in THAT moment. What an unforgettable experience.

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: December 5, 2012 20:44

thumbs up

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: December 5, 2012 23:35

Nice lookin' choir! Likely they were all so giddy and starstruck that even the guys blew back Ronnie's kisses. peace

Posted by: satisfaction2 ()
Date: December 5, 2012 23:53

thumbs upthumbs upthumbs up

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: December 6, 2012 00:05

oldfan
Does anybody on the board know if a choir will be there for the NY/NJ shows?

Looking at the success that they had with YCAGWYW for sure they will come up with a choir maybe one from New York.....

There are more choirs around the globe

Posted by: proudmary ()
Date: December 6, 2012 00:12

"Meanwhile, Mick handles the crowd with practised energy, looking wonderfully nonplussed when a black bra lands at his feet."

Yes, we can see that at 6.52

I wonder if he picked it up off the floor finally?

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: December 6, 2012 03:29

I just did an quick researchgrinning smiley ..it looks like he hit it with his shoe from the stage ...........I will post it tomorrow

Posted by: Sipuncula ()
Date: December 6, 2012 03:51

gotdablouse
Well is it a choreographer or his assistant helping him find his bearings on the stage? You can see a guy on some videos (saw him from the pit on Sunday too) who's never very far from where Mick is and seems to be there in case of a problem. At one point I saw him use his flashlight when Mick seemed a bit lost, trying to adjust his wireless box.

Honestly guys, he's Mick Jagger but it must still be mind-boggling to face these thousands of people. I was right in the front of the pit and at times I turned around and could only imagine what it must be like to be up there being the center of attention. You have to wonder what goes through Mick's mind and I certainly wouldn't fault him for getting all the help he needs.

Ok, so I just saw this and was surprised there was not more reaction. Maybe this deserves a new freaking topic?

Mick Jagger has a guy in the front showing him where to run? Is that the gist? That is insane.

P.S. Is Matt Clifford working for the Stones currently? Why was he referenced in that article? I mean, that's crazy if true.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-12-06 03:58 by Sipuncula.

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: December 6, 2012 12:10

Very nice article. Thanks for posting

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: gwen ()
Date: December 6, 2012 12:47

Even in rehearsal, Mick gave everything to his performance, mirroring the suggestions of the choreographer who stood in the pit in front.

The choreographer was only there during rehearsals - that's was I understand. I think Matt Clifford was working at the O2 shows.

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: December 6, 2012 13:56

Nice cool read.

Date: December 6, 2012 13:57

Here is the link to the Voce Chamber Choir site in case anyone wishes to catch their 'Carols by Candlelight' gig at Grosvenor Chapel next week. [www.vocechamberchoir.org.uk]

In the interest of balance, let's not forget there was a second choir, the London Youth Choir, performing at the O2 - [londonyouthchoir.com]

A GIG TO REMEMBER
There is no doubt among our choir members that week 6 of the London Youth Choir’s very existence has been absolutely amazing! We started the week with a fantastic workshop with Gareth Malone and went on to celebrate the 50th anniversary of the Rolling Stones singing live on stage at the O2 Arena, London. The buzz in the rehearsals was amazing as we heard the band play together for the first time. We joined forces with Voce Chamber Choir to form choirs on each side of the enormous mouth shaped set and our conductors Suzi Digby and Rachel Staunton had the exciting task of keeping both choirs together and with the band. The band members themselves were very friendly and fun to work with, and nothing seemed too much trouble as we rehearsed together. On the night as we walked out on stage in the pitch black to perform the choral opening of ‘You can’t always get what you want’ the 20,000 strong crowd roared! Our adrenaline was pumping, it was so thrilling. It was such an amazing experience for all of us, one which we will never be able to forget. Thanks for having us Mick Jagger!

Mick gave the two conductors signed posters, a picture of which can be seen on the site.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1394
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home