Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Tongue PIt Photos and Experience by Grison
Posted by: benstones ()
Date: December 3, 2012 22:28

Grison
benstones
Great great pictures! You had VIP tickets? Did you have the entrance in the pit before the others?
No we did not have VIP tickets for this show. But we had been about the 50th person to enter. The first two rows on the stage have been filled by people which seemed to be at least 7 feet tall. UNFAIR to me and my lovely wifeconfused smiley but at the back of the pit there was so much space and still a great few. I was walking on and of to the front until about 2nd row sometimes. It was very relaxed and people enjoyed it inside.

Thank you for your answer Grison. I thought you had VIP ticket. Hope it will be cool in NY too !

Benjamin.

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: December 3, 2012 23:14

So, no one wants to risk saying whether cameras will be allowed at the Bsrclay Center....seems like no one cared in London. Was anyone hassled about taking photos at the O2 Center?

Posted by: BBrew ()
Date: December 4, 2012 00:12

mickschix
So, no one wants to risk saying whether cameras will be allowed at the Bsrclay Center....seems like no one cared in London. Was anyone hassled about taking photos at the O2 Center?

well looking from the distance i thought that 90% of the fans in the tongue pit were professional photographers because they all had their cameras, phones in the air all the time...so i guess no one was hassled

Date: December 4, 2012 00:18

Rockman

I see Ron still convincingly pulls the rooster off.

Posted by: Grison ()
Date: December 4, 2012 09:42

Since the Mobile phones have such good cameras inside, they just can't stop any photoing. It would mean to confiscate thousands of phones, cameras, whatever at the entrance and to give them back. There were about ten or 12 accredited photographers inside the pit on the very back where we stood, but only permitted for the first two songs. Then there had to leave. There was a guy with a big huge videocamera inside the pit, but I think he was filming the fans and it got to the screeen sometimes.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: December 4, 2012 13:40

Yeah that's what he was doing, he was filming all the time but his pictures were only used at times. I also saw Ken Regan in the pit, not sure when it was, he was at Trabendo too, he was allowed to stay longer as he put pics of Clapton and Florence Welch.

Thanks for confirming that the pros had to leave after two songs, same old rule then. That's why there are no good pro shots of Taylor.

At Trabendo nothing was allowed inside but there were only 700 people (possibly less) and it took ages to get everyone in (phones put in a zip bag, taken to the cloackroom, etc...), it's completely impossible to do that with a crowd of 15000+ of course.

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: December 4, 2012 14:07

They apparently allow small cameras in - that's a lost battle - but not professional looking ones.

That must have been a Ken Regan lookalike, as the man himself died on 25th, no? RIP.

Date: December 4, 2012 14:19

oh sorry, Don Hogan is his name...and he's the guy there right in the front hiding Matt. Is it you just next to him?

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: December 4, 2012 14:38

No - I'm hidden behind the other cameraman further along to the right of the picture.

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: December 4, 2012 16:10

The cropped Mick one is awesome.

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: Barney ()
Date: December 4, 2012 17:42

Hello Gotdablouse,

Is that your picture of the Tongue Pit? I recognize myself on it (behind the Japanese lady) So I would like to have it. Can you send it to me?

By the way: how do I upload pictures, I never did this before. I've got some nice ones too (not as good as on page 1).

The security even took a picture of us in front with our camera's....

Date: December 4, 2012 18:05

Hi, no sorry it's a screen capture I did from the SMU video that circulated I think.

You can upload a picture here [www.imagilive.com], copy the link, then click on the "image icon" above (mountain+sun) and paste.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2012-12-04 21:18 by gotdablouse.

Posted by: chop ()
Date: December 4, 2012 19:34

I noticed a lot of Stones shirts worn by fans in the tongue pit

Isn't it an unwritten rule that you're not supposed to wear the shirt of the band that you're going to see in concert...you must wear another bands shirt.

I always wore my Stones stuff to Fleetwood Mac.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1877
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home