Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1516171819202122232425...LastNext
Current Page: 20 of 44
Re: Second O2 show Thursday Nov. 29 show updates
Posted by: No Expectations ()
Date: November 29, 2012 23:53

I'm sure he is out there.

Posted by: Quique-stone ()

Max'sKansasCity
kowalski

CHEERS TO THESE WOMEN!!!
AWESOMENESS to see such true happiness in their eyes

And that was just before teh show, I can't imagine their faces after it!

Posted by: Kirk ()

So it is Midnight Rambler with Mick T?

Posted by: gotdablouse ()

toomuchforme
gotdablouse
Where's jacopo gone ?

Toilets

Not allowed, like at the show ! I just got the trouble and strife to bring me some coffee as I can't move...should have gone for a beer maybe, coffee's not very R'n'R !

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-11-29 23:54 by gotdablouse.

Posted by: Rev. Robert W. ()
Date: November 29, 2012 23:54

Kirk
Max'sKansasCity
"THE SET HEARD ROUND THE WORLD"

Bobby Thomson's home run?

Ha! Not Concord and Lexington? (I'm a big NY Giants fan...)

Posted by: CindyC ()

Blueranger
How can one be such an ignorant?

One cannot be "an ignorant" because "ignorant" is an adjective. One can be an "ignorant person" or an "ignoramus", but not "an ignorant".

I didn't want you to continue to be ignorant of that fact.

Posted by: Justin ()

Kirk
So it is Midnight Rambler with Mick T?

Yes.

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: November 29, 2012 23:55

micwer
mtaylor
stonesnow
mtaylor
JumpingKentFlash
mtaylor
kowalski
#StonesO2 First song: GET OFF OF MY CLOUD

Like I said, why to open with a Beatles song, when they have so many good song themselves!!!

By that yardstick you're also saying that a Chuck Berry cover is not a good one to play.
That's completely different - CB inspired Stones, not the Beatles.
Being a Stones fan, you should know that - waking up in the middle of the night, you should be able to say: who inspired Stones: Chuck Berry and the rest of the Blues gang, not the Beatles.

You're completely wrong there. I Wanna Be Your Man gave The Stones higher visibility with their first top 20 song, which is what they needed at the time, as they were desperately casting about for a follow-up to Come On.

Brian Jones was certainly inspired by The Beatles in a friendly but competitive way. Without George Harrison's experiments on sitar, Paint It, Black would have been just another pop song, and all the varied instruments Brian used on such songs as Ruby Tuesday, just to cite another of several examples.

Andrew Loog Oldham, former Beatles publicist, was certainly inspired to give The Stones the dark and dirty bad-boy image to contrast with The Beatles. Remember those gray-striped uniformed suits The Stones wore on their first TV appearance to perform Come On. Without The Beatles, that's how it would have been.
You sound like good old goofy Macca. Macca created the modern music. Huh, huh.
Beatles had absolutely nothing to do with blues, it was blues that inspired Stones, not Beatles.

Yeah right, and what do you think the Beatles played for years in Hamburg? Classical music?
Yeah, I guess they played Muddy Waters, Reed, Dixon, Wolf, Johnson, Diddley etc.. Probably Macca thaught Berry how to play guitar. smileys with beer

So what is gonna replace Miss You in the second half? CYHMK?????

Posted by: SwayStones ()

Justin
MR is up...but no mention of Taylor?
Yes, Ben mentionned Taylor on his latest post

ok MR about to start on my 25/11 recording, so that leaves room for Satisfaction I guess ?

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: Justin ()

For on the second updates..just follow this dude: [twitter.com]

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: November 29, 2012 23:56

WHO IS IN THE (IORR) HOUSE!!!!

Online Users
1fatum , 68to72 , Adams , adrian1958 , alfstone , AntoineParis , antonyvonne , aprilfool , atip , austrianstones , bart-man , basti , Beaver , belld , benstones , bigpond , bisonvodka , BJPortugal , blakeeik , Blueranger , Borncrosseyed , Braincapers , buttons67 , carlitosbaez , carlostones10 , caschimann , catweazle , chemicalreaction , ChrisM , cn854 , cooheid , cowboytoast , crawdaddy , crumbling_mice , Dali , dandelion1967 , Dayokay , Dean , Deathgod , DECCA61 , DEmerson , detroitken , DiddleyBo , dishevelmentblues , donnywas , doubledoor , DoughboyUK , dubclub , duke richardson , edithgrove , firebird , flacnvinyl , FRANCKY , franzk , Fuman2 , georgelicks , Gibson668 , glimmerman , glimmertwin1 , goingmad , goinhome , gotdablouse , GrandToad , grant , GravityBoy , Greg , Grugahalle , GS1978 , hailtothestones , Harlix , HeartbreakerPL , henrik87 , hummingbird , imonlysleeping , Irix , its good to be anywhere , jabhead , Jaggeresque , jaggerzita , James Kirk , Jan Richards , jenyk , Jimmy.Ostrich , JimmyTheSaint , JJackFl , johnh , jomo297 , JonoLov , jp.M , JumpingKentFlash , justamomentita , kait , keithglimmer , KeithNacho , kevinkamphuis , king , Kirk , kitoise , klrkcr , Kova , kowalski , Lars , LeedsStone , LeonidP , letitloose , lettingitbleed , like a rainbow , linnerz , llargueras , lmc , Manofwealthandtaste , Max'sKansasCity , MickyG , microvibe , micwer , midimannz , Midnight Toker , midnrambler , mitch , mlejay , MononoM , MoreFastNumbers , MrEcho , mrfancyman , MrMonte , mtaylor , muenke , nanker phelge , NeddieFlanders , nerd1 , No Expectations , nomis , Nosnibourbos , ohotos , Olive , olympia , open-g , P@py , perosand , PhilipStaniforth , Pie1 , pieter kentrop , Pietre , pleased2meetme , plqmule , pmk251 , Promoman , Quique-stone , RandyM , rastakeith , Reagan , rebelrebel , redsock , Rev. Robert W. , riffraff2 , Ringo Kid , Rio , RITA , rob , RobberBride , robertfraser , Rocket88 , Rolling Hansie , rollingknokke , ROLLINGSTONE , Ross , Rosto , roundnround , Salan , salty , Sandy Beach , shattered1978 , shelter , shortfatfanny , silver , SimonN , sir sweden , Sjouke , sjs12 , SKILLS , slinger , spsimmons , STONESat , stonesbernard , stonesmog , stonesnow , Stoneswolf , StrawberriesBlueberries , SwayStones , SWojtek , TatooMe , thabo , The Sicilian , The Worst. , thetiger , Thru and Thru , tigerman , titzou , tomcasagranda , TomGreen , toomuchforme , TooTough , uhbuhgullayew , ultimaterocker , UnderAssistantWCpromoMan , undertheradar , walkingthedog , waterrats , WilcoMick , wild_horse_pete , wildcat , Witness , WoodsterHolland , WOOODY , Woz , yorkshirestone , z , Zagalo
Guests: 83
Record Number of Users: 238 on November 29, 2012 23:55
Record Number of Guests: 1 on November 29, 2012 23:55

Posted by: belld ()
Date: November 29, 2012 23:57

dandelion1967
Blueranger
mtaylor
stonesnow
mtaylor
JumpingKentFlash
mtaylor
kowalski

Like I said, why to open with a Beatles song, when they have so many good song themselves!!!

By that yardstick you're also saying that a Chuck Berry cover is not a good one to play.
Being a Stones fan, you should know that - waking up in the middle of the night, you should be able to say: who inspired Stones: Chuck Berry and the rest of the Blues gang, not the Beatles.

You're completely wrong there. I Wanna Be Your Man gave The Stones higher visibility with their first top 20 song, which is what they needed at the time, as they were desperately casting about for a follow-up to Come On.

Brian Jones was certainly inspired by The Beatles in a friendly but competitive way. Without George Harrison's experiments on sitar, Paint It, Black would have been just another pop song, and all the varied instruments Brian used on such songs as Ruby Tuesday, just to cite another of several examples.

Andrew Loog Oldham, former Beatles publicist, was certainly inspired to give The Stones the dark and dirty bad-boy image to contrast with The Beatles. Remember those gray-striped uniformed suits The Stones wore on their first TV appearance to perform Come On. Without The Beatles, that's how it would have been.
Beatles had absolutely nothing to do with blues, it was blues that inspired Stones, not Beatles.

How can one be such an ignorant? Even the Stones themselves has said that they were inspired to write songs because of the Beatles. Without the Beatles there would not have been an Aftermath, Between The Buttons, Flowers or Satanic. They Very much tried to emulate songwriting structures from the Beatles. Ruby Tuesday is as Beatlesque as it's gonna get. Have you seen the new Charlie is my darling? Check out the hotel room sequence were they are writing Sitting On A Fence and then afterwards plays I've Just Seen A Face and Eight Days A Week. That's proof enough.

F*U*C*K UP YOU ALL!!! Start another thread!!!
YESSSS SIRREEEE thumbs up

Posted by: kowalski ()
Date: November 29, 2012 23:57

MT on stage

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-11-30 00:01 by kowalski.

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: November 29, 2012 23:58

I'm surprised they're being so leniant with the picture taking. That's almost,dare I say. Fan friendly! winking smiley

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

damn it, bv needs to appoint deputy moderators when he's busy to kick the a*s*s of the s.h.i.t.raisers here !

--------------

Posted by: bisonvodka ()

Another great night with the boys.

Posted by: letitloose ()
Date: November 29, 2012 23:59

Justin

is Darth Vader in the front row, or have I drunk too much!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-11-30 00:00 by letitloose.

--------------

Posted by: tomcasagranda ()

huuuuuuuurhhhhh

Posted by: Honestman ()

Justin
For on the second updates..just follow this dude: [twitter.com]

Hope he can follow the show, to tell his friends how it was to see the Stones.

HMN

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()

sweetcharmedlife
I'm surprised they're being so leniant with the picture taking. That's almost,dare I say. Fan friendly! winking smiley

Thank you Stones.... it helps the hurt of not being there

I gots to know.... although I cant explain it.

Posted by: stonesnow ()

JumpingKentFlash
mtaylor
stonesnow
mtaylor
JumpingKentFlash
mtaylor
kowalski

Listen to Yer Blues and say that again. Look man, I'm not getting on your back because we don't share the same view, but I really think it's a dream world you're living in, if you think that The Rolling Stones were inspired solely by blues artists. It's certainly a big part of their inspiration. No denying that. There was just other things that were also a big part, like The Beatles. You'd be shocked to find out the artists some people are inspired by. For instance: Did you know that Paul McCartney was inspired by the guy who made Calender Girl? His name escapes me right now, but it's true. And I think he's AWFUL.

Neil Sedaka. It was later used in a cat food commercial. "I love I love I love my calendar cat...."

Posted by: Quique-stone ()
Date: November 30, 2012 00:00

belld
Quique-stone
odean73
Kirk
Hope they go to Brasil and Argentina once more! Best audiences by any measure!

thumbs up

thumbs upthumbs up
I saw them the 12 times they played here in Argentina and all i can say is that I want "One More Shot" here!!!!
Hats off. I have been at many gigs in Europe and the best for atmosphere have always been in my home town Glasgow Scotland but...... could not touch the excitement and raw energy of the shows in Argentina, You are very fortunate, I would have dearly wished to have experienced any show in your country.
Anyway to all at the o2 enjoy. IORR.

Thanks! Anyway, I can't compare as these are the only times I saw them and all in the same venue (River Plate Stadium). If you ever come to see them here I will invite you a cold beer!

Posted by: mtaylor ()

belld
dandelion1967
Blueranger

How can one be such an ignorant? Even the Stones themselves has said that they were inspired to write songs because of the Beatles. Without the Beatles there would not have been an Aftermath, Between The Buttons, Flowers or Satanic. They Very much tried to emulate songwriting structures from the Beatles. Ruby Tuesday is as Beatlesque as it's gonna get. Have you seen the new Charlie is my darling? Check out the hotel room sequence were they are writing Sitting On A Fence and then afterwards plays I've Just Seen A Face and Eight Days A Week. That's proof enough.

Yeah, it's a Stones night. Go somewhere else with this Beatles crap. Go on a Macca / Beatles homepage, not here.

Posted by: SwayStones ()

Geez....Jagger is still THE best !!!!

Posted by: stonesnow ()

RobberBride
No Expectations
dandelion1967
Forget about the Beatles, THE STONES ARE PLAYING!!! Leave empty discussions to another post!!

Yes indeed!

+1

Date: November 30, 2012 00:01

Man that #StonesO2 feed is full of crap, almost as bad as here ! bv is going to be angry when he reviews this tonight ;-)

--------------

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-11-30 00:02 by gotdablouse.

Date: November 30, 2012 00:02

mtaylor
belld
dandelion1967
Blueranger

Yeah, it's a Stones night. Go somewhere else with this Beatles crap. Go on a Macca / Beatles homepage, not here.

Ignore the trolls!

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1516171819202122232425...LastNext
Current Page: 20 of 44

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2707
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home