Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4
Re: The Stones 2012 London setlist discussion
Posted by: Braincapers ()
Date: November 26, 2012 23:50

hbwriter
...- for the money - i'd have wanted some more twists and turns

Maybe and I'm sure most IORRians would agree but would most of the 20 thousand be happy without the war horses?

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: November 26, 2012 23:51

treaclefingers
The Sicilian
hbwriter
in terms of originality? i say a two - wanna be your man is great - but's it's like a two minute song requiring very little in terms of chops - this show was way more about gut emotion it seems than set list - that said - for the money - i'd have wanted some more twists and turns

I was trying to be generous. But I totally agree. Paul McCartney can crank out close to 30 songs without missing a beat. The Stones have so many short numbers that they could have fit in. Not just in the beginning either. It is just too scripted.

Last night in Vancouver, 38 songs in 3 hours...no breaks.

Fantastic!
Stones is not about hammering through 38 songs in 3 hours - if anybody has that idea, then he has misunderstood Stones music concept.

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: November 27, 2012 00:44

treaclefingers
The Sicilian
hbwriter
in terms of originality? i say a two - wanna be your man is great - but's it's like a two minute song requiring very little in terms of chops - this show was way more about gut emotion it seems than set list - that said - for the money - i'd have wanted some more twists and turns

I was trying to be generous. But I totally agree. Paul McCartney can crank out close to 30 songs without missing a beat. The Stones have so many short numbers that they could have fit in. Not just in the beginning either. It is just too scripted.

Last night in Vancouver, 38 songs in 3 hours...no breaks.

Fantastic!

Exactly, and look at the variety of the numbers played. He is 70 years old.

Goto Page: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1699
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home