Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT : Madonna' show in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil with crowd of 1.6 million
Posted by: powerage78 ()
Date: May 6, 2024 17:50

Madonna's show in Rio de Janeiro Draws Record-Breaking Audience of 1.6 Million

Madonna's Final Celebration Tour Stop in Rio de Janeiro Draws Record-Breaking Audience of 1.6 Million

The show made history as, though the annual New Year's Eve concerts at Copacabana Beach have drawn larger crowds, Madonna's May 4 audience was her biggest ever, and the largest ever for a stand-alone concert by any artist, a post on X (formerly Twitter) from Live Nation confirmed. The record was previously held by the Rolling Stones.

[people.com]

I'm just a Bad Boy Boogie

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2024-05-07 05:59 by bv.

Re: OT : Madonna's show in Rio de Janeiro Draws Record-Breaking Audience of 1.6 Million
Posted by: J-J-Flash ()
Date: May 6, 2024 19:38

I find it very odd how at least in the US Madonna's tour is getting zero media coverage. I also read she is not lip synching or even singing along to a backing track like Taylor Swift does.

Re: OT : Madonna's show in Rio de Janeiro Draws Record-Breaking Audience of 1.6 Million
Posted by: SecondSet ()
Date: May 6, 2024 20:53

While those beach shows are truly enormous, crowd estimates of this sort are routinely overinflated

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: May 6, 2024 21:37

SecondSet
While those beach shows are truly enormous, crowd estimates of this sort are routinely overinflated

Exactly! Looking at pics, it's definitely a huge crowd. Stones crowd was estimated at 1.5 million, not sure how they can estimate another 100k accurately. Now Rod Stewart is said to have drawn 3.5 million for his New Years 94 concert at the same beach! Not sure how they can accurately estimate a crowd over twice as big as Madonna's?

Posted by: StoneZP ()
Date: May 7, 2024 00:33

the recordist:

[www.reddit.com]

Posted by: TumblinDice76 ()
Date: May 7, 2024 00:49

J-J-Flash
I find it very odd how at least in the US Madonna's tour is getting zero media coverage. I also read she is not lip synching or even singing along to a backing track like Taylor Swift does.
Have you neot seen videos of her LA shows? The whole shoe is pretty much her lip syncing to a backing track. Even when she "plays guitar" it's totally out of sync and obvious she isn't playing. Even the most hard-core Madonna fans realize she isn't singing or playing. Now if only KISS fans would admit.....

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1539
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home