Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Ronnie’s set list paintings/song keys
Posted by: MelBelli ()
Date: May 3, 2024 16:29

Not sure how literally to take them, but … he’s had “Out of Time” in G MINOR. Also, Little T&A in Bb. I guess you could make a case for that, but the song does not feel like it’s in Bb. Lastly, he’s now indicating that Gimme Shelter is in C# Major, when, in the past, it’s been C# minor. What gives?

Re: Ronnie’s set list paintings/song keys
Posted by: mattstones ()
Date: May 3, 2024 17:15

Could have been worse, he could have put B Sharp.

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: May 3, 2024 20:58

MelBelli
... he’s now indicating that Gimme Shelter is in C# Major, when, in the past, it’s been C# minor. What gives?

Verse = minor
Chorus = Major

"Power chords" throughout (No 3rd) = Root + 5th

Posted by: IsakSun ()
Date: May 3, 2024 23:02

Little T and A goes in F in the intro and chorus and C in the verses. Out of time G major.

Date: May 3, 2024 23:04

schillid
MelBelli
... he’s now indicating that Gimme Shelter is in C# Major, when, in the past, it’s been C# minor. What gives?

Verse = minor
Chorus = Major

It goes in C#minor the whole song

Posted by: Paddy ()
Date: May 4, 2024 05:32

IsakSun
schillid
MelBelli

Verse = minor
Chorus = Major

If it’s all power chords it could be taken as either minor or major? You only have the C# root and the G# in there there’s no E or F to say major or minor.

(For the musicians, Is this correct? I haven’t a guitar in front of me so I’m trying to work the notes of the chords in my head and does the power chord thing make it ambiguous as to major or minor?)

Date: May 4, 2024 09:41

Paddy
IsakSun
schillid
MelBelli

Verse = minor
Chorus = Major

If it’s all power chords it could be taken as either minor or major? You only have the C# root and the G# in there there’s no E or F to say major or minor.

(For the musicians, Is this correct? I haven’t a guitar in front of me so I’m trying to work the notes of the chords in my head and does the power chord thing make it ambiguous as to major or minor?)

Yes the chord in the chorus can be taken as either major or minor, but the key of the song is C#m, if you play a solo in the C#major it would sound off

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 917
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home