Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

1980s Never Before Seen Photos
Posted by: peoplewitheyes ()
Date: March 28, 2024 10:13

Re: 1980s Never Before Seen Photos
Posted by: Spud ()
Date: March 28, 2024 10:33

There was a brief article about the exhibition and the photographer on BBC news the other day.

Posted by: peoplewitheyes ()
Date: March 28, 2024 12:00

Some really cool snaps

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: March 28, 2024 13:39

Thanks.

Date: March 28, 2024 16:26

Looks like these photos are going to remain unseen, apart from online. The Lucy Bell Gallery is 'temporarily closed' according to their website. Not to be deterred, I went to the address (which happens to be nearby), and found it is a gated community which is mainly residential. A resident turned up while I was there and having commented "you don't look like a robber" let me in. Having scoured the site, I can only guess that the gallery, if it still operates, is inside an old school building. Very peculiar, although it does appear the gallery has another outpost in St Leonards on Sea in East Sussex.

Posted by: liddas ()
Date: March 28, 2024 16:35

The photo of Ronnie at the Bains-Douches, Paris, 1983, grabbed my attention for two reasons.

The first, I visited Paris on a school trip the following year, and one night I slipped out of the hotel to go to the Bains-Douches disco: who could have known at the time that the Stones had been there?

Second, you can see a Marshall amp, like the one you see in the following photo titled "Keith, Undercover of the Night Still, 1983" that was shot in Paris "where the band filmed the video for Undercover of the Night".

So I went to check the Undercover video - famously shot in Mexico city - any sure you can see the same Marshall amps and the colored strobe light that can be seen in the Ronnie pic.

Does this mean that the indoor footage of the Undercover video was shot at the Bains-Douches?

Might be a well known fact, but I didn't have a clue!

C

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: March 28, 2024 17:07

Open Thursday thru Sunday 11:00 am - 4:00 pm
46 Norman Road, Saint Leonards, East Sussex, United Kingdom TN38 0EJ

Posted by: loog droog ()
Date: March 28, 2024 17:49

The portrait of Mick was used on the cover of Musician magazine.

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: March 28, 2024 19:19

nice. thanks

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: March 28, 2024 20:26

liddas
The photo of Ronnie at the Bains-Douches, Paris, 1983, grabbed my attention for two reasons.

The first, I visited Paris on a school trip the following year, and one night I slipped out of the hotel to go to the Bains-Douches disco: who could have known at the time that the Stones had been there?

Second, you can see a Marshall amp, like the one you see in the following photo titled "Keith, Undercover of the Night Still, 1983" that was shot in Paris "where the band filmed the video for Undercover of the Night".

So I went to check the Undercover video - famously shot in Mexico city - any sure you can see the same Marshall amps and the colored strobe light that can be seen in the Ronnie pic.

Does this mean that the indoor footage of the Undercover video was shot at the Bains-Douches?

Might be a well known fact, but I didn't have a clue!

C

Yes. The clips of the Stones performing were filmed there on 18th October, a few days before they went to film in Mexico.

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: March 28, 2024 23:00

Photographs ©1981 Brian Aris

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2024-03-28 23:04 by schillid.

Posted by: micha063 ()
Date: March 29, 2024 00:39

Great pictures! Thank you very much!

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: March 29, 2024 15:17

bill seems unimpressedwinking smiley

Posted by: exilestones ()
Date: March 29, 2024 17:06

Some great shots! A few I haven't seen before. Thanks!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2646
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home