Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Is anyone like me?
Posted by: Rockwoman ()
Date: November 7, 2012 03:18

First became aware of Stones as a 15 yr old circa 75/76 with Rolled Gold. Idolized them next few years, loved IORR, Love you Live, etc. Went to Knebworth then saw them Wembley 82.

Have been a big part of my life ever since, but despite seeing them in 89, several times in 90s, 2003 (Enmore show) and 2005 (yawn), I have no interest in anything recorded since tattoo you. Shine a light movie perhaps the low point.

Still visit this site every day out as I remain interested in what they are currently doing, but have absolutely no intention of watching them in anything other than a club show.

Guess that makes me a whiner, but love the band and all they stood for, with everything since mid 70s being part of the downhill slide.

Re: Is anyone like me?
Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: November 7, 2012 03:24

Unfortunately I was never a 15 year old girl and do like Undercover and ABB and Some Girls Deluxe and Doom and Gloom so we are not sympatico.

SAL was in fact a low point.

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: November 7, 2012 03:31

treaclefingers
Unfortunately I was never a 15 year old girl and do like Undercover and ABB and Some Girls Deluxe and Doom and Gloom so we are not sympatico.

So you were one before then..or was it after?grinning smiley

I am, and always have been a girl, so we do have that in common, but like treaclefingers, I like a lot of the later day Stones output, so I can't agree with you on that. SAL has some high points, but I never liked the mix on it, can't understand what Scorcese was doing there.

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: November 7, 2012 03:34

latebloomer
treaclefingers

I am, and always have been a girl, so we do have that in common, but like treaclefingers, I like a lot of the later day Stones output, so I can't agree with you on that. SAL has some high points, but I never liked the mix on it, can't understand what Scorcese was doing there.
Marty was there to be very very very concerned about the set list.

Date: November 7, 2012 03:42

Max'sKansasCity
latebloomer
treaclefingers

HAH, you're right Max, that was so cornball. As someone who has always loved Scorcese's films, that was the biggest disappointment for me. I really expected him to do the same with the Stones that he had done with The Band, and SAL is not even close to the same league, a very uninspired film.

Posted by: colonial ()
Date: November 7, 2012 04:05

--------------
ColonialstoneNZ
--------------

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-11-07 04:06 by colonial.

Date: November 7, 2012 04:05

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-11-07 04:13 by Max'sKansasCity.

Posted by: colonial ()
Date: November 7, 2012 04:12

Rockwoman
First became aware of Stones as a 15 yr old circa 75/76 with Rolled Gold. Idolized them next few years, loved IORR, Love you Live, etc. Went to Knebworth then saw them Wembley 82.

Have been a big part of my life ever since, but despite seeing them in 89, several times in 90s, 2003 (Enmore show) and 2005 (yawn), I have no interest in anything recorded since tattoo you. Shine a light movie perhaps the low point.

Still visit this site every day out as I remain interested in what they are currently doing, but have absolutely no intention of watching them in anything other than a club show.

Guess that makes me a whiner, but love the band and all they stood for, with everything since mid 70s being part of the downhill slide.

Is anyone like me?.. With a name like Rockwoman how could I not like ya..smoking smiley

--------------
ColonialstoneNZ
--------------

Date: November 7, 2012 04:14

latebloomer
Max'sKansasCity
latebloomer
treaclefingers

HAH, you're right Max, that was so cornball. As someone who has always loved Scorcese's films, that was the biggest disappointment for me. I really expected him to do the same with the Stones that he had done with The Band, and SAL is not even close to the same league, a very uninspired film.
grinning smiley

I should have directed SAL.... of course there would be no interviews (except maybe for the DVD extras disc) there would no drama (about set lists) and no models down front and ESPECIALLY No Clintons, basically it would be 4 fixed cameras pointing at the stage... and 4 roaming cameras.

It would be only about the music, the men who play it and the instruments... I would give specific instrsuction to focus as much on fingers as faces, maybe both at the same time... there is nothing wrong with wide shots.

I might have called it "Shine a Camera".

But with all that said... I dont hate SAL as much as some... it is a thing... a thing the Stones did... and I like most things they do... some things work bettter than other things... but they are all a part of the whole thing.

Posted by: slew ()
Date: November 7, 2012 05:37

Though I like the Tattoo You stuff and before, I do like Undercover (album), One Hit and Harlem Shuffle, SOme of Steel Wheels, VL, Stripped and a Bigger Bang. The tours have gotten quite generic but I loved the No Security tour and I like Doom and Gloom.

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: November 7, 2012 05:38

Ain't nobody like you, Rockwoman.

You rock ! thumbs up

Date: November 7, 2012 07:27

Rockwoman, you ROCK...man!

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: November 7, 2012 08:05

Rockman
Rockwoman
Rockboy?
Rockgirl?

2 1 2 0

Date: November 7, 2012 08:11

Come On
Rockman
Rockwoman
Rockboy?
Rockgirl?

Rockdog
Rockcat
Rocket Man

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: November 7, 2012 08:59

Yes, Rockwoman there are quite a few here with a stance like yours on The Rolling Stones (which I think is an admirable one). If someone here calls you a whiner: Just shrugg it off!

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: November 7, 2012 11:14

treaclefingers
Come On
Rockman
Rockwoman
Rockboy?
Rockgirl?

Rockdog
Rockcat
Rocket Man

There was a "Rockboy" on IORR a couple of years ago. If I were to bet, the next person in this series will be Rockaunt or Rockuncle

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: November 7, 2012 11:15

Rocksis

ROCKMAN

Posted by: gimme_shelter ()
Date: November 7, 2012 11:16

Rockbottom.

Posted by: GravityBoy ()
Date: November 7, 2012 11:19

Rocky I, II, III, IIII, IIIII, IIIIII, IIIIIII

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: November 7, 2012 11:27

Erik_Snow
treaclefingers
Come On
Rockman
Rockwoman
Rockboy?
Rockgirl?

Rockdog
Rockcat
Rocket Man

There was a "Rockboy" on IORR a couple of years ago. If I were to bet, the next person in this series will be Rockaunt or Rockuncle

Can I reserve Rockauntie in case I get banned? Or maybe even RockGrandma by then...

PS: you forgot Rock Lobster.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-11-07 11:28 by Green Lady.

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: November 7, 2012 11:29

Green Lady
Erik_Snow
treaclefingers
Come On
Rockman
Rockwoman
Rockboy?
Rockgirl?

Rockdog
Rockcat
Rocket Man

Can I reserve Rockauntie in case I get banned? Or maybe even RockGrandma by then...

Permission granted. I'll write it down just to remember.

Date: November 7, 2012 11:31

Green Lady

You should reserve it for yourself today GL smiling smiley sign on up!

Posted by: GravityBoy ()
Date: November 7, 2012 12:00

Rockhard.

Keith Rockhard.

Date: November 7, 2012 13:01

Green Lady
Erik_Snow
treaclefingers
Come On
Rockman
Rockwoman
Rockboy?
Rockgirl?

Rockdog
Rockcat
Rocket Man

Here you go, Green Lady.

Just be careful you don't end up between a rock and a hard place.

Posted by: Rockwoman ()
Date: November 7, 2012 14:38

Max'sKansasCity
Green Lady

You should reserve it for yourself today GL smiling smiley sign on up!

Grrrrrockwoman

Posted by: KeithNacho ()
Date: November 7, 2012 14:42

I have enjoyed every RS stuff; and i will enjoy everything they do, their original signature is in everything they produce.
EOMS is better than ABB?? Of course, without a doubt, but i enjoy a lot listening to ABB
RS still make me happy!!!! even more after listening to D&G

Date: November 7, 2012 16:21

Erik_Snow
treaclefingers
Come On
Rockman
Rockwoman
Rockboy?
Rockgirl?

Rockdog
Rockcat
Rocket Man

Runcle for short.

Posted by: backstreetboy1 ()
Date: November 7, 2012 18:44

no.

Date: November 8, 2012 00:19

treaclefingers
Erik_Snow
treaclefingers
Come On
Rockman
Rockwoman
Rockboy?
Rockgirl?

Rockdog
Rockcat
Rocket Man

Runcle for short.

Have you ever watched Californication? (Mulder's new show)....
I am not sure anyone wants to be a Runkle.... winking smiley

ps
Not so new I guess.... it is in season 6.

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: November 8, 2012 00:22

Well if you're a woman you're not like me....but you might like me grinning smiley Rock on baby ...what's your tune?

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1247
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home