Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Exile on Main St Artisan needle drop
Posted by: Nellcote1971 ()
Date: January 8, 2024 16:31

Can anybody point me in the right direction where I could find a needle drop of EOMS with Artisan mastering (Monarch, Presswell, UK, ... doesn't really matter)?
Wasn't able to find one using the search function...

Re: In search of: Exile on Main St Artisan needle drop
Posted by: Irix ()
Date: January 8, 2024 17:00

Since the EOMS album is official stuff, you probably won't find a Vinyl-Rip of it here on IORR.

Re: Exile on Main St Artisan needle drop
Date: January 8, 2024 17:26

Ah makes sense... Thanks Irix.

Re: In search of: Exile on Main St Artisan needle drop
Date: January 8, 2024 18:20

The only chance would be to unhide your eMail .... if such a Vinyl-Rip exists, someone could send you an external link.

Re: In search of: Exile on Main St Artisan
Date: January 8, 2024 20:35

If the Vinyl-Rip of the Artisan pressing is not a must, then the 2011 Japanese SACD (UIGY-9081) or the 2013 BluRay could be an alternative.

Date: January 8, 2024 21:08

Thanks, was able to locate something... I have several Artisan cuts (just love that mastering) but always end up frustrated when I listen to the 2010 remaster on Spotify when I'm on the road.

As you brought up the SACD... Do you know if it's the same flat transfer as UICY-79242? I found out UICY-79242K isn't the hard way...

Posted by: ironbelly ()
Date: January 8, 2024 21:37

There was very popular and extensive blog (or site) for vinyl rips by pbthal. Now it is either go offline or is well hidden. So, you know, google and torrent.

Exile SACD is based on flat transfer from 2011, it is the same transfer that was used for Japanese only UICY-79242. The recent Japan for the ROW UICY-79242K (WATCH FOR LETTER K IN CATALOG NUMBER) is digital clone to 2010 brickwall remaster.

Date: January 8, 2024 22:33

Oh yeah that letter makes a HUGE difference!
Will check out pbthal, thanks

Posted by: peoplewitheyes ()
Date: January 9, 2024 16:34

Forgive me, but why would anyone want that?

Date: January 9, 2024 16:40

peoplewitheyes

Forgive me, but why would anyone want that?

For instance for comparison purposes - how the Artisan pressing sounds in comparison to all other EOMS (re-)issues. The Artisan pressing is considered the best sounding EOMS. Another reason would be listening to the Vinyl sound without record player.

Date: January 9, 2024 17:55

Nellcote1971
I have several Artisan cuts (just love that mastering) but always end up frustrated when I listen to the 2010 remaster on Spotify when I'm on the road.

And this.

Date: January 9, 2024 18:40

Nellcote1971

I have several Artisan cuts (just love that mastering) but always end up frustrated when I listen to the 2010 remaster on Spotify when I'm on the road.

Try the 2011 SACD or the 2013 BluRay with a mobile HiRes-Player (Astell&Kern, FiiO or Cayin).

Posted by: ironbelly ()
Date: January 9, 2024 19:31

Irix
Nellcote1971

Try the 2011 SACD or the 2013 BluRay with a mobile HiRes-Player (Astell&Kern, FiiO or Cayin).
Apples and oranges. Most do not have hi-res equipment in a car or on a train or jogging in the park. Not to speak about traveling by airplane. Thus, on the road and in an aggressive environment 2009-2010 remaster is reasonably OK.

Date: January 9, 2024 19:40

ironbelly

Thus, on the road and in an aggressive environment 2009-2010 remaster is reasonably OK.

That's probably what mastering engineers like Stephen Marcussen or Matt Colton are thinking. winking smiley

Date: January 9, 2024 20:12

ironbelly
Irix
Nellcote1971

Apples and oranges. Most do not have hi-res equipment in a car or on a train or jogging in the park. Not to speak about traveling by airplane. Thus, on the road and in an aggressive environment 2009-2010 remaster is reasonably OK.

That's what I'm talking about, I'm happy with most of the stuff I get on Spotify when I'm on the GO but just not Exile... and Sticky... and...

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1707
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home