Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

New Stones Book Norway 2023: Da verden kom til Sjølyst by Yan Calmeyer Friis
Posted by: bv ()
Date: December 11, 2023 16:44

New Stones Book Norway 2023:

Da verden kom til Sjølyst
Den norske Stonesboken
by Yan Calmeyer Friis

Language: Norwegian

1,6 kg (35 lbs)
21 x 30 cm (8" x 12")
382 pages

Published: November9, 2023

This is a brick of a book, large, coofee table book, the perfect gift to a Stones fan, unless it has already been stocked up in the collection.

The book has got lots of great photos, and a large section of 30 or so pages dedicated to The Rolling Stones first two shows performed June 24, 1965 in Oslo Norway, at the location Sjølyst. One unique large sized image is a signed letter with the "Hotell Viking" letterhead paper, all five band members, a beautiful and rare item, from the 1965 Stones visit.

There are record covers, memorabilia, ads, magazines, lots of rare photos and material from archives in Norway, covering all Stones releases in Norway, UK and USA.

This book is just out, and I have just started reading it. I will need a lot of time to read it through, highly recommended, especially if you are able to read Norwegian language, but just all the images are worth the book in itself.

This book is covering mainly the 60's, and onwards to 1970. There will be a volume 2 to cover 1971-2023 following this release.

Da verden kom til Sjølyst - den norske Stonesboken (akademika.no)

Årets musikkbøker II: Stones, Beatles – og knapt ett ord om noen av dem (ballade.no)

Bjornulf

Re: New Stones Book Norway 2023: Da verden kom til Sjølyst by Yan Calmeyer Friis
Posted by: riccardo99 ()
Date: December 11, 2023 17:00

Great, how to get it?

Re: New Stones Book Norway 2023: Da verden kom til Sjølyst by Yan Calmeyer Friis
Posted by: MononoM ()
Date: December 11, 2023 17:11

looking good smiling smiley is there also a english version? smiling smiley

Life's just a cocktail party on the street

Posted by: MononoM ()
Date: December 11, 2023 17:12

riccardo99
Great, how to get it?
just follow the links smiling smiley

Life's just a cocktail party on the street

Date: December 11, 2023 21:37

MononoM
looking good smiling smiley is there also a english version? smiling smiley

I covers the Taylor years, so I would even buy it if it was written in Chinese Mandarin.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2079
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home