Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Paul Smith | Stones Collaboration
Posted by: Putty ()
Date: October 13, 2023 17:39

In case price is not an issue :

[www.paulsmith.com]

Re: Paul Smith | Stones Collaboration
Posted by: Irix ()
Date: October 13, 2023 17:45

"Incorporating the band’s signature colour – red – the vinyl sleeve also features Paul’s distinctive handwriting for the band name and track list on the back. The vinyl itself has a sticker with a reworking of The Rolling Stone’s iconic tongue logo using our well-known Signature Stripe. It is available for pre-order through The Rolling Stones official online shop now and will be on sale in a select number of our stores – London’s King’s Cross and Beak Street as well as our shops in Shibuya, Tokyo and Mini Melrose in LA – on 20 October 2023. Along with the vinyl, Paul has also been working on a selection of collectable organic cotton tees featuring the exclusive vinyl print as well as a version with a print of the reinterpreted Signature Stripe tongue logo front and centre."

€46.99 / £39.99 / $39.99 - [TheRollingStonesShop.co.uk] , [TheRollingStonesShop.com] .

Paul Smith - [Twitter.com] , [www.Facebook.com] , [www.Instagram.com] .

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2023-10-13 19:00 by Irix.

Posted by: Jfk19562003 ()
Date: October 13, 2023 17:47

$33 at the USA Stones store.

Date: October 13, 2023 17:49

That's a much better cover!
I misread it as a Patti Smith / Stones collaboration at first - which would be amazing...

Posted by: Christiaan ()
Date: October 13, 2023 17:53

[www.paulsmith.com]

€110,- for a t-shirtsmiling smiley

Posted by: Putty ()
Date: October 13, 2023 17:54

Irix
"Incorporating the band’s signature colour – red – the vinyl sleeve also features Paul’s distinctive handwriting for the band name and track list on the back. The vinyl itself has a sticker with a reworking of The Rolling Stone’s iconic tongue logo using our well-known Signature Stripe. It is available for pre-order through The Rolling Stones official online shop now and will be on sale in a select number of our stores – London’s King’s Cross and Beak Street as well as our shops in Shibuya, Tokyo and Mini Melrose in LA – on 20 October 2023. Along with the vinyl, Paul has also been working on a selection of collectable organic cotton tees featuring the exclusive vinyl print as well as a version with a print of the reinterpreted Signature Stripe tongue logo front and centre."

This handwriting is familiar for some reason.

[TheRollingStonesShop.co.uk]

Posted by: downagain ()
Date: October 13, 2023 18:31

If I could choose a cover for my vinyl, I'd go with that Paul Smith one BUT I'm not ordering another copy and I'm buying for the music anyway.

Posted by: jackflash27 ()
Date: October 13, 2023 18:36

Unfortunately not possible to ship to the Netherlands eye rolling smiley

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: October 13, 2023 19:15

This is by far the BEST cover!!! WOW!!! Fkin A!!! Paul Smith should have designed it!!! AWESOME!! Ordering now with my 2 baseball ones, since this is also US only!!!! Whoo-Whooo!!

Posted by: Turner ()
Date: October 13, 2023 19:32

I'm seeing 39.99

Posted by: sandandglue ()
Date: October 13, 2023 20:44

Putty
Irix

The handwriting is Paul Smith’s own (Or a font by his design team). Can’t place my finger on where else I’ve seen similar.

Posted by: rbp ()
Date: October 13, 2023 20:59

The price people are prepared to pay for a single new vinyl album is just ridiculous to me. However, I must say I do like the Paul Smith album cover very much - glad it cannot be shipped to Australia as I might have been tempted.
Will stick to cheapskate CD version. Would love to know who mastered the album.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-10-13 21:05 by rbp.

Date: October 13, 2023 21:38

It's only $38. A lot for a single LP, yes, but it's a limited edition much like the MLB and animated picture versions - just how limited IDK. And I've gone crazy with all of this, and still need to buy about $250 worth of stuff (and possibly another color variant or two, depending on how the fuscia/purple falls out), but it's been 18 years!!! It's a resurrection of monumental proportions!!!!!

This version is astounding!! I'll order up the CD version of that thumb print Tongue & Lips when it goes live next Friday, but for me, this is the definitive cover!!! It harkens back to the best they've ever created!!!! Right up there with Mr. Warhol's!!!!!!

Posted by: rbp ()
Date: October 13, 2023 22:01

VoodooLounge13
It's only $38. A lot for a single LP, yes, but it's a limited edition much like the MLB and animated picture versions - just how limited IDK. And I've gone crazy with all of this, and still need to buy about $250 worth of stuff (and possibly another color variant or two, depending on how the fuscia/purple falls out), but it's been 18 years!!! It's a resurrection of monumental proportions!!!!!

This version is astounding!! I'll order up the CD version of that thumb print Tongue & Lips when it goes live next Friday, but for me, this is the definitive cover!!! It harkens back to the best they've ever created!!!! Right up there with Mr. Warhol's!!!!!!

The Paul Smith cover is way better than the standard cover. From a collector's perspective I can see why people are prepared to buy it. Shame it is only available in a limited number of countries.
The Stones will love you.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-10-13 22:02 by rbp.

Date: October 13, 2023 22:28

They love us all - they told us so a long, long time ago:

[url=

][/url]

Posted by: Tonstone ()
Date: October 14, 2023 23:21

Placed my order with Stones store in London today. Also ordered the CD Box set.
Now I can't wait for the post to arrive next week.

"If you can't Rock me, Nobody will"

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: October 15, 2023 01:19

Well I went for it..after all my wallet is a...Paul Smith!

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: October 15, 2023 02:27

Re-the vinyl, what might "highly limited" mean? In effect, it could be anything they choose to make it after orders are placed.

Posted by: Scooby ()
Date: October 15, 2023 09:11

I’ve ordered a Rolling Stones/Paul Smith t-shirt which should be delivered this week. I’m hoping that it will be a good quality product, the last few items that I’ve ordered from the official store have been really poor quality and I sent them back.

Posted by: MrEcho ()
Date: October 15, 2023 11:16

Putty
Irix

The handwriting was made to look similar to the handwriting on the Exile On Main Street cover.

The Paul Smith cover definitely is the best Hackney Diamonds cover.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: October 15, 2023 15:12

sandandglue

The handwriting is Paul Smith’s own (Or a font by his design team). Can’t place my finger on where else I’ve seen similar.

On an OBR bootleg vinyl? The similitude is funny.

Posted by: yorkshirestone ()
Date: October 15, 2023 17:09

Scooby
I’ve ordered a Rolling Stones/Paul Smith t-shirt which should be delivered this week. I’m hoping that it will be a good quality product, the last few items that I’ve ordered from the official store have been really poor quality and I sent them back.

Think you’re getting a Paul Smith t shirt with stones printing rather than the other way round, his clothes are excellent quality

Date: October 16, 2023 01:07

yorkshirestone
Scooby

Think you’re getting a Paul Smith t shirt with stones printing rather than the other way round, his clothes are excellent quality

Yes I have a lot of Paul Smith stuff in my wardrobe, so I’m hopeful.

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: October 16, 2023 08:00

Man I want that black t shirt.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: October 16, 2023 08:08

Hey i want the cycling cap and a tandem bike ....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: thunderball ()
Date: October 16, 2023 16:32

Regarding the price of the t-shirts, I bought the PS Bowie Blackstar shirt (2016 I think) and that was £100 as well. Fast forward to now and you can pick the same shirt up now BNWT on eBay for around £50-60.

Posted by: Roc ()
Date: October 16, 2023 19:49

thunderball
Regarding the price of the t-shirts, I bought the PS Bowie Blackstar shirt (2016 I think) and that was £100 as well. Fast forward to now and you can pick the same shirt up now BNWT on eBay for around £50-60.

I saw on ebay exorbitant costs..

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: October 16, 2023 20:13

I thought this was about the guitar company.

Date: October 17, 2023 12:22

Mt t-shirt was delivered today and the quality is excellent

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: October 31, 2023 12:45

In Japan, the Paul Smith vinyl record (T-shirts too) will be available at Paul Smith Shibuya shops from Friday, 3 November 2023 - [www.PaulSmith.co.jp] .

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1955
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home