Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 2 of 7
Re: OT: Monster storm coming to the US east coast
Posted by: superrevvy ()
Date: October 28, 2012 04:09

Have no fear! Mick's babes are on it!

Bianca Jagger @BiancaJagger

Urgent Warnings as #HurricaneSandy Strengthens and Heads to Northeast [nyti.ms]

Retweeted by L'Wren Scott

Posted by: custom55 ()
Date: October 28, 2012 04:09

RIP Anna but this is still very funny

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: October 28, 2012 04:17

superrevvy

Well, I guess I can sleep peacefully now.

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: October 28, 2012 06:24

Good grief, I was just listening to the weather dude saying some knarly things about the combo action as this storm moves up the East coast as the moon goes full creating high tides as it pushes against cold air and slams into NY/NJ flooding the airports and subways and then dumping 2 feet of snow inland.

Batten down the hatches my friends... batten down the hatches indeed.

Stay safe out there.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-10-28 06:35 by Max'sKansasCity.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: October 28, 2012 06:59

Hold on to your Hat(s)!

Date: October 28, 2012 15:53

latebloomer
superrevvy

Well, I guess I can sleep peacefully now.

I'm still waiting for Marianne and Jerry to chime in. Only then will I know for
sure how to advise my family in NJ

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: October 28, 2012 16:05

Let's hope we're still laughing in a few days

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: October 28, 2012 16:12

schillid

Let's hope we're still laughing in a few days

Reminds me of:

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: October 28, 2012 16:55

Surf should be good! I just love a good storm.

Besides, nothing like sitting in the hot tub on the cliff above the beach , rain blowing horizontally, waves crashing on three sides and soaking in the 103 deg F water while the jets do their work on your back. peace

Date: October 28, 2012 17:39

Naturalust

Besides, nothing like sitting in the hot tub on the cliff above the beach , rain blowing horizontally, waves crashing on three sides and soaking in the 103 deg F water while the jets do their work on your back. peace

Yeah, me too. I'll be enjoying the view from my roof as I clean out the gutters, and then sit back and enjoy the high winds and pounding rain as it leaks through my questionable roof, knocks down my trees, and cuts out the electricity for the next three days. Looking forward to all the fun.winking smiley

Date: October 28, 2012 19:02

latebloomer
Naturalust

Yeah, me too. I'll be enjoying the view from my roof as I clean out the gutters, and then sit back and enjoy the high winds and pounding rain as it leaks through my questionable roof, knocks down my trees, and cuts out the electricity for the next three days. Looking forward to all the fun.winking smiley

Sounds like worthy exercise to me. Nothing like breathing chainsaw exhaust to get the heart pounding and the blood flowing. Careful on that slippery roof girl! Maybe a good time to invest in a wind powered generator so you can at least fire up the stereo and put on Let it Bleed or Abbey Road. btw: Loved those boots you and your lady friend were wearing in the photo you posted on another thread. Better keep 'em near the door just in case. peace

Date: October 28, 2012 19:35

This may be unprecedented. Mayor orders mandatory evacuation of many
neighborhoods in NYC.
Up to a 15 foot storm surge is being forecast.

Affected areas shown in red on linked map.

[project.wnyc.org]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-10-28 19:35 by superrevvy.

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: October 28, 2012 19:42

superrevvy
This may be unprecedented. Mayor orders mandatory evacuation of many
neighborhoods in NYC.
Up to a 15 foot storm surge is being forecast.

Affected areas shown in red on linked map.

[project.wnyc.org]

Damn....sad smiley... be safe NY/NJ

Posted by: custom55 ()
Date: October 28, 2012 19:51

My office in NYC is in the red zone so we are evacuating and going into disaster recovery mode. I'm staying home with my generator and gallons of gas so I can support from home.

Stay safe locals.

Date: October 28, 2012 20:37

Naturalust
latebloomer
Naturalust

Sounds like worthy exercise to me. Nothing like breathing chainsaw exhaust to get the heart pounding and the blood flowing. Careful on that slippery roof girl! Maybe a good time to invest in a wind powered generator so you can at least fire up the stereo and put on Let it Bleed or Abbey Road. btw: Loved those boots you and your lady friend were wearing in the photo you posted on another thread. Better keep 'em near the door just in case. peace

Naturalust, you are certainly an interesting character, that statement really made me laugh. You like my boots, huh? Of all the things to compliment a woman on...you better learn to do better than that if you want any company in that hot tub of yours. And don't even think about a re-do, it's too late for that. grinning smiley

Back to the storm, they just canceled schools here for the next two days, I guess we really are bracing for the big one. Don't forget to fill your cars up with gas, the last storm here brought long lines at the gas stations and many of them ran out of gas.

Date: October 28, 2012 20:52

C'mon now bloomer the boots were indeed awesome.....Anyway, I'm putting a psychic protective shield over you and yours during the storm still, no worries. peace

Date: October 29, 2012 00:30

stonesnow
WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
I was really hoping for a 40 foot storm surge to hit D.C. but it's not to be.

Ha Ha! Amazing how we are on the same page here. I was thinking just the same thing! Only, not exactly the 40-foot surge, I was just hoping the storm would concentrate itself on D.C. and nowhere else--and on a weekday, of course.... I also thought of The Blob and Storm Kong but didn't post those, so I'm glad you did!

There are probably a lot of people that feel in the same boat as I do about D.C.! I just want a Katrina storm surge to hit D.C.! Just so they'll understand.

Date: October 29, 2012 00:33

The politicians, of course...

Date: October 29, 2012 00:44

I hope people take the evacuation seriously. Storm surge is not to be mistaken for possibly not happening or not being soemthing to worry about. It will and it is. It's nasty and incredibly destructive - any waves on top of a 10-15 foot storm surge makes it seem higher because it is! And all that salt water is going to cause huge and long term problems.

And if you're (or someone you know) using E-gas (gas with Ethanol in it) don't let it sit in your generators after you stop using them - let it burn out. E-gas will destroy any motor. Ethanol is a horrible thing for gasoline and it boggles my mind why it's even put in gasoline.

Posted by: TheDailyBuzzherd ()
Date: October 29, 2012 01:53

Big Bummer here in the NE 'cuz it's the second straight year of a compromised Halloween. Kids are getting ROOKED.

But yeah, we're gettin' some STONES this year.

Posted by: tommyquinn ()
Date: October 29, 2012 01:59

ool, I am not sure about the Newark shows, hoping the tickets on the secondary market come WAY down, there is no way I am paying $400+ to be behind the band or in the nosebleed seats.
If they come to Boston and you come across an extra ticket, I will probably be going myself, as all my friends have been priced out of this tour, at least if the trend of high ticket prices continues. Last time I paid $400+ but I was in the 5th row at the Garden, and ended up sitting (well, standing) next to Peter Wolf, so it was pretty cool, and I managed to convert a friend into being a Stones fan. Saw all the shows on the last tour, both Fenway shows, Fleet Center and Gillett. I doubt that is gonna happen this time, one show will be my limit if the prices are as high as I think they are gonna be.
Anyway, just curious, it is always good to hear from Stones fans that are nearby. My first Stones show was in 1975 at the Boston Garden, and I am hoping that my last one will also be there.(well, at the Banknorth Garden). Even though I am MAJOR LEAGUE bummed out about the high ticket prices, there is always PPV, and regardless, the Stones rule!!!

Posted by: stonesnow ()
Date: October 29, 2012 03:06

tommyquinn
ool, I am not sure about the Newark shows, hoping the tickets on the secondary market come WAY down, there is no way I am paying $400+ to be behind the band or in the nosebleed seats.
If they come to Boston and you come across an extra ticket, I will probably be going myself, as all my friends have been priced out of this tour, at least if the trend of high ticket prices continues. Last time I paid $400+ but I was in the 5th row at the Garden, and ended up sitting (well, standing) next to Peter Wolf, so it was pretty cool, and I managed to convert a friend into being a Stones fan. Saw all the shows on the last tour, both Fenway shows, Fleet Center and Gillett. I doubt that is gonna happen this time, one show will be my limit if the prices are as high as I think they are gonna be.
Anyway, just curious, it is always good to hear from Stones fans that are nearby. My first Stones show was in 1975 at the Boston Garden, and I am hoping that my last one will also be there.(well, at the Banknorth Garden). Even though I am MAJOR LEAGUE bummed out about the high ticket prices, there is always PPV, and regardless, the Stones rule!!!

There will never be a last show. You're next one will be there, and the next one after that....

Posted by: MJRocksoff ()
Date: October 29, 2012 05:05

Yeah I'm right outside of Philly. Looks like a "Crossfire Hurricane" is on path for a direct hit! Just heard it's the 2nd LARGEST HURRICANE EVER!!! Stay safe for the people in Sandy's path

On a side note, can't wait for the Newark shows!!

Eric

Posted by: deadegad ()
Date: October 29, 2012 05:11

I'm in Manhattan and the streets are eerily quiet right now. The supermarket looked like the "Fall of Saigon" today.

I am pouring myself a glass of of organic sulfite free syrah and watching the second season of AMC's The Killing which is a 'knock-off' of a Danish TV Show. It is appropriately gloomy and noir-ish. Good Storm viewing fare.

Posted by: CindyC ()
Date: October 29, 2012 15:15

stonesnow
I mean, the conventional list of goofy innocuous names--Arlene, Bret, Cindy, Don--come on, it sounds like a backyard family barbecue.

On behalf of Arlene, Bret, and Don, let me say that we are all extremely insulted.
confused smiley

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: October 29, 2012 15:23

Hope you all doing well the coming days....God bless you

Posted by: CindyC ()
Date: October 29, 2012 15:31

thanks NICOS. No problems so far!

Date: October 29, 2012 15:31

[twitter.com]

this is pretty tasteless. somebody just used the news to advertise a song.

though obviously its just a staff member not using good judgement...

Keith Richards @officialKeef

Everyone in town remembers the last Hurricane...[www.amazon.com] …

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-10-29 15:42 by superrevvy.

Date: October 29, 2012 15:35

very bad. at least 12 hours til landfall and part of the Atlantic City boardwalk
is already gone.

Posted by: proudmary ()
Date: October 29, 2012 15:40

latebloomer
Naturalust

There is nothing better than a good joke at the right moment
You're the brave one
But seriously stay safe

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 2 of 7

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1953
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home