Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT: Sonos Experiences
Posted by: Bluesstone ()
Date: September 21, 2023 22:24

Hi everyone,

with Hackney Diamonds coming closer, I finally want to get a decent sound system before the release.
I have a record player as well as an old combined CD & Cassette player which both work fine. I am (A) looking for new speakers and (cool smiley I want to stream music as well. All of which has led me to seriously consider several Sonos options to combine it all in one system.

After some research I'm leaning towards the Sonos port (to connect my existing equipment) and some Sonos speakers for maximum flexibility in the apartment (Several Sonos One or Sonos Five). I'm sure some of you have faced the same questions, so any experience with the Sonos system (or viable alternatives) from the collected music brain power here on this board?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-09-22 08:47 by bv.

Re: Sonos Experiences?
Posted by: schwonek ()
Date: September 21, 2023 22:41

Sonos is a solid choice. If you have a chance take a listen at a store for example. I find that everyone has a different taste when it comes to speakers. I still have my dads speakers from the 70ies. Some cheap whatever and they sound friggin amazing. Never found anything better.

Re: Sonos Experiences?
Posted by: yorkshirestone ()
Date: September 21, 2023 23:35

Good in my experience - seamless integration
Also east add ons at reasonable price for secondary rooms via IKEA ‘symfonisk’ kit
My oldest speaker must be 12 yo, no issues

Re: OT: Sonos Experiences
Posted by: Spud ()
Date: September 22, 2023 11:07

I've got a gramophone . Is that any good ?

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: September 22, 2023 11:16

I bought a Denon Receiver. Spotify and other streaming services are fully integrated and you can keep your speakers!

Posted by: bakersfield ()
Date: September 22, 2023 23:57

I have Sonos 'Arc' and the rear 'one' speakers. 'Honk' and 'Goat's head Soup' sound amazing in their 'Dolby Atmos' versions. I'm hoping Apple music will stream 'Hackney Diamonds' in that format. Will have to buy the CD too though.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2324
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home