Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Zeppelin's Celebration Day...
Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: October 18, 2012 23:04

WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
Edith Grove
Going to see it tonight. Don't tell me too much more about it, please. smiling smiley

I was hoping to go but it's not looking good.

Is it playing on your side of the lake ?

I'm going to Elmwood Palace 20. I'll save you a seat.

Re: OT: Zeppelin's Celebration Day...
Date: October 18, 2012 23:06

noughties
I dare not go. I fear it`s too loud. Ladies & Gentlemen was awful (loud). I sat at the second row (almost front row).

STICK IT IN YER EAR smiling smiley cotton balls that is

Date: October 19, 2012 04:30

Edith Grove
WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
Edith Grove
Going to see it tonight. Don't tell me too much more about it, please. smiling smiley

I was hoping to go but it's not looking good.

Is it playing on your side of the lake ?

I'm going to Elmwood Palace 20. I'll save you a seat.

No. Went to a funeral, long day. Thanks though!

Posted by: champ72 ()
Date: October 19, 2012 05:22

Saw it a couple of nights ago - superb. All of them in such top form. Highlights for me were For Your Life, In My TIme of Dying, No Quarter and of course Kashmir. Alot of smiles on stage like they couldn't believe they were doing it, and all four of them clearly had such a great time. I found myself smiling alot, and I hope the DVD has some extra footage like backstage etc..

Posted by: Doc ()
Date: October 19, 2012 08:11

The film's looking good, but the performance has been overdubbed

[doctorstonesblog.blogspot.com]

Posted by: toomuchforme ()
Date: October 19, 2012 09:46

Saw it last night. What a band ! What a perf. 6 weeks to prepare it. You see and hear the result. Jason is not as good as his father but he did a nice thing (smiles on faces and emotion at the end).
Page starts the show with its nice suit and brushing and finish it completely wet looking like a mad professor.Plant is classy with nice shoes (Charlie would appreciate).
No quarter and Kashmir were very impressive.
There are only the Beatles stones and Led zepp. Others may be good but have not this level.
And zepp have some amazing and complicated songs (this is not the binary rocking style. It is rich and deep).
The sound is brilliant (the Bluray audio in 48/24 is for sale). I place an order for deluxe with the dvd with rehearsals.

"we know it's a bit late but we hope you don't mind if we stay"

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: October 19, 2012 11:19

I cant recall another recent movie receiving this type of unanimous positive reviews... it makes me kind of excited to see it (one way or another)... and I am no longer much of a Zep fan... but back in the day my brother and I went to see "Song remains the same", at the box office, and we thought is was cool... but we were young.

Date: October 19, 2012 13:08

Great film. Not much more I could say that hasn't already been said.

Stones could take a cue.

Posted by: Promoman ()
Date: October 19, 2012 14:29

BluzDude
I've seen may rock movies in theaters including Stones in Rio and SAL, tonight was the first time I ever saw a movie crowd get into it like they were actually at the concert. It was extremely will done....After the first 4 songs and lots of complaints of the volume not being loud enough, they made the adjustment and started it over from the beginning.
Were you at Pathé Schouwburgplein too? The volume was annoyingly low in the beginning, but after that I got into it. Even felt the urge to applaud after a few songs. Jimmy Page was great. At the end the guy next to me tried to catch the drumsticks which Jason threw into the audience. I think he was only half joking)

Date: October 19, 2012 16:18

Promoman
At the end the guy next to me tried to catch the drumsticks which Jason threw into the audience.

I wish that's all I had to contend with.

There was a group of guys in my cinema who were yelling & screaming like at a live show.
It was kind of funny at first, but they kept it up for most of the show.
One guy was even anticipating the lyrics and singing them out loud before Plant would actually sing.

Some @#$%& just never grow up.

Date: October 19, 2012 16:19

Edith Grove
Promoman
At the end the guy next to me tried to catch the drumsticks which Jason threw into the audience.

I wish that's all I had to contend with.

There was a group of guys in my cinema who were yelling & screaming like at a live show.
It was kind of funny at first, but they kept it up for most of the show.
One guy was even anticipating the lyrics and singing them out loud before Plant would actually sing.

Reason #4 that I dont go to movie theaters much anymore.

Date: October 19, 2012 16:20

And it says a lot about the film, that you still loved it, even with the dumbazzes singing over it.

Posted by: jazzbass ()
Date: October 19, 2012 16:47

I would've loved to see it on the big screen as it is just a very rare opportunity.I of course will be preordering the Deluxe Bluray.

Posted by: Promoman ()
Date: October 19, 2012 17:03

Edith Grove
Promoman

I don't care much for anticipating singers in the audience. We all know the lyrics so what are they trying to prove

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: October 19, 2012 17:07

Friggin' Awesome! I like Plant's vocals in this better than in the day. Less high pitched wailing and more soulful lower registers, imho.

The fact that these guys can do another film of basically the same songs, proves just how wildly popular these guys are.

I would have liked to have a couple of new songs in there though, I have to admit I am starting to wane on the same ones. For Zep the song does indeed remain the same.

I also thought the sound was a bit boomy, JPJ's bass was not nearly as cutting as I would have liked. Jason Bonham is also a far cry from John, but overall this is premium entertainment for the price. peace

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: October 19, 2012 18:16

Promoman
BluzDude
I've seen may rock movies in theaters including Stones in Rio and SAL, tonight was the first time I ever saw a movie crowd get into it like they were actually at the concert. It was extremely will done....After the first 4 songs and lots of complaints of the volume not being loud enough, they made the adjustment and started it over from the beginning.
Were you at Pathé Schouwburgplein too? The volume was annoyingly low in the beginning, but after that I got into it. Even felt the urge to applaud after a few songs. Jimmy Page was great. At the end the guy next to me tried to catch the drumsticks which Jason threw into the audience. I think he was only half joking)

Only if that's another name for the AMC Woodland Hills.

Date: October 19, 2012 19:12

lookin forward to the DVD release for sure

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: October 19, 2012 19:45

Promoman
Jimmy Page was great.

Even on his worst nights, Jimmy Page is greatsmileys with beer

Posted by: charlie62 ()
Date: October 21, 2012 22:42

Went to see it this afternoon, absolutely brilliant. I saw The Stones in 2007 at O2 and Zep were in a different class to that. Pains me to say it bacause The Stones are my No.1. Anyway it cheered me up after Fridays ticket joke.

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: October 22, 2012 01:56

Naturalust
Friggin' Awesome! I like Plant's vocals in this better than in the day. Less high pitched wailing and more soulful lower registers, imho.

They tuned down a whole step to help Plant be able to sing. grinning smiley

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: October 22, 2012 02:06

The stones will not match this.

Posted by: tomk ()
Date: October 22, 2012 02:12

BluzDude
Promoman
BluzDude

Only if that's another name for the AMC Woodland Hills.

Don't make me homesick.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1674
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home