Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Semi OT: Biographies.
Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: June 25, 2023 23:49

I was never a big reader, except when it comes to historical events of the last 150 years and especially biographies. I love biographies. Bill German’s book is one of my favorites for sure, and I’ve always loved a book called The Death of WCW (about American wrestling). Recently I’ve discovered Tom Wilson’s book The Masked Man. He’s the guy who played Biff in Back To The Future. Extremely interesting stuff.

I guess I wanted to ask if any of you guys have any recommendations? Biographies especially.

JumpingKentFlash

Re: Semi OT: Biographies.
Posted by: tommyturbo76 ()
Date: June 26, 2023 00:01

Too many to list

But the most memorable to me is an intro about Mao - responsible for 55 million deaths, more than anyone … absolutely a story of power

Sorry I can’t recall exact book

Date: June 26, 2023 00:12

1.Clothes, Clothes, Clothes. Music, Music, Music. Boys, Boys, Boys. By Viv Albertine, (ISBN: 8601404198144)

No Stones content, but London, life, and music scene, 60s 70s, recommended.
“Anyone who writes an autobiography is either a twat or broke. I’m a bit of both.”

And the 2nd book

2.To Throw Away Unopened: A Memoir by Viv Albertine, (ISBN: 9780571326211)
Another gem, best read in release order

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2023-06-26 00:23 by dishevelmentblues.

Posted by: CaptainCorella ()
Date: June 26, 2023 03:10

tommyturbo76
Too many to list

But the most memorable to me is an intro about Mao - responsible for 55 million deaths, more than anyone … absolutely a story of power

Sorry I can’t recall exact book

Are you saying that there's a Stones' book that has an intro that all about Mao?

Intriguing!

--
Captain Corella
60 Years a Fan

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1947
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home