Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Micks Personal Philosophy Evident in Doom & Gloom
Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: October 13, 2012 23:02

yorkey
I'm sorry, but as much as I like the new song, I cannot stand the rhyming "take a chance" and "dance" anymore. Can't they think of something else to rhyme with "dance"!?

I vote 'prance'.

Maybe 'enhance'.

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: October 13, 2012 23:11

treaclefingers
yorkey
I'm sorry, but as much as I like the new song, I cannot stand the rhyming "take a chance" and "dance" anymore. Can't they think of something else to rhyme with "dance"!?

I vote 'prance'.

Maybe 'enhance'.

I vote for France... and Romance!!

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: October 14, 2012 01:46

>Interesting assesment from a die-hard...
Hasnt this always been the case ?

Dont know about always, but in recent years they've been happy to grind out some stuff to fill out records. I think they long ago stopped trying to reinvent the wheel. I dont expect them to try at this stage, so taking that into account its a song I'm quite happy with.

>Personally i think its very good for the band. Well crafted song where Jagger doesnt have to scream...

Yes indeed.

>K.R. has an easy rythem to suit his fingers and stronger ronnie covers with fancy riffs.. Call me a knob but 12-15 songs this quality on an album would be a revelation.Nothing lasts forever...embrace whats left or join the moaners...which i never put you down for.

Oh I'm in complete agreement. Anything creative at this stage is a bonus. I'd love a new album of stuff like this. Doubt they'd be bothered though (as the days of making enough money from record sales to make it worth the effort are long gone) but I still think they have an album in them.

>I think your p*ssed at ticket prices to be blunt. No...there aint many that will afford it....

Pissed at ticket prices since 1999 or so, mate. Up to then the Stones could do no wrong in my eyes. The gouging since then (coupled with my belief that their obsession with doing so has killed any real desire to remain creative) has been the one thing that's disappointed me most about them in their entire career.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2012-10-14 05:12 by Gazza.

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: October 14, 2012 01:57

We need to start a World Cup 2014 thread.

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: October 14, 2012 02:18

As usual I agree with you, Gazza.

Charlie Watts always used to moan about how he just wanted to play jazz and acted on occasion as though he was almost embarassed to be in the Stones.

Then several old mates of his noticed that he wasn't moaning anymore. A trustworthy friend of mine and Charlie's asked him, "So what's changed?
Charlie said, "I did some re-thinking after I found out how many million I'm worth."

As new style promoters, stadium shows, sponsors came into the act,it's all about raising prices any way they can. And, of course, merchandising. Greed is a way of life in the biz.

It's not just the Stones, of course. But one likes to believe that for this last tour they may surprise us in a good way about the price of tickets.

I am not holding my breath.

Posted by: Tantekäthe ()
Date: October 14, 2012 02:34

RRMan03
It is easy to get drunk and dance when your net worth is 300 mil on the low end.When you have 3 dollars getting drunk is tough and dancing is not possible.But the idea is good.
Spot on.

Posted by: Tantekäthe ()
Date: October 14, 2012 02:57

If Jagger is short of verses that appear deep-digging and have a rhyme at the same time he may quote another fantastuc British songwriter, no one will take notice for sure:
life's a piece of shit/
if you look at it...

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: October 14, 2012 04:58

The first thing I thought about after hearing the song was that it was a theme song for a movie or tv series, or a political rant for a commercial of some sort.

Date: October 14, 2012 05:11

Tantekäthe
If Jagger is short of verses that appear deep-digging and have a rhyme at the same time he may quote another fantastuc British songwriter, no one will take notice for sure:
life's a piece of shit/
if you look at it...

LOL

Date: October 14, 2012 05:11

treaclefingers
yorkey

I vote 'prance'.

Maybe 'enhance'.

PANTS!

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: October 14, 2012 05:23

........Baby put ya put ya cards on the table and stable with me

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: October 14, 2012 08:23

Cheers to that one, Terry and I say that as someone who liked "my cards are on the table" the first time out.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: October 14, 2012 09:45

Thruth is Mick has no personal philosophy (who has that, anyway?) which is very evident in his songwriting. Very much is built on halting rhyme and nonsense. But it's only rock and roll...

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: October 14, 2012 09:55

no personal philosophy who has that, anyway

Well I did see a show about some wise-cat who sat at the top of a mountain
on a bed of nails and prayed all days.... But I hear he got killed by an a...tack....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: phd ()
Date: October 14, 2012 17:56

I don't think it is Mick's Philosophy. It's just an invitation to come to the show (s) to dance. "Neocon" should be the last one.

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: October 14, 2012 18:24

Stoneage
Thruth is Mick has no personal philosophy (who has that, anyway?) which is very evident in his songwriting. Very much is built on halting rhyme and nonsense. But it's only rock and roll...

But it's only rock and roll...

You hit the nail on his head......case closed cool smiley

Next topic please.....

Posted by: Claire_M ()
Date: October 16, 2012 17:12

yorkey

"Snakeskin pants" - see, that was so easy!

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1706
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home