Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT: Green vinyl
Posted by: Elmo ()
Date: August 22, 2022 09:35

Is there a green solution to the vinyl record backlog? [www.bbc.co.uk]

Re: OT: Green vinyl
Posted by: ribbelchips ()
Date: August 22, 2022 11:40

Nice invention/evolution, but an even greener solution is not buying all those re-re-re-releases you already own in 87 different versions winking smiley

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: August 22, 2022 13:26

I just find it reassuring that companies see a long term future for vinyl, and are confident enough to put significant investment into new plant and research.

I could begin to rant about the merits of various pressing techniques...but I'll resist the urge in this context.

[ Greener manufacturing is obviously a great thing ...though hopefully the vinyl used to stamp a record will be in use for many years... and won't end up in the ocean next week.

It's not really the same issue as plastic drinks bottles and food packaging grinning smiley]

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: August 22, 2022 17:00

Spud
I just find it reassuring that companies see a long term future for vinyl, and are confident enough to put significant investment into new plant and research.

I could begin to rant about the merits of various pressing techniques...but I'll resist the urge in this context.

[ Greener manufacturing is obviously a great thing ...though hopefully the vinyl used to stamp a record will be in use for many years... and won't end up in the ocean next week.

It's not really the same issue as plastic drinks bottles and food packaging grinning smiley]

Vinyl records aren't floating in the ocean for sure...just try and get them off our shelves, or turntables!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1752
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home