Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Good news from Chuck Leavell
Posted by: Yazid Manou ()
Date: May 27, 2022 14:18

Chuck Leavell, keyboardist and musical director for The Rolling Stones, has been pleasing our ears for more than 40 years now.
In addition to The Rolling Stones, his piano and keyboard work has been heard on the works of Eric Clapton, John Mayer, The Black Crowes, George Harrison, The Allman Brothers Band, The Indigo Girls, Blues Traveler, Train, Montgomery-Gentry, Lee Ann Womack and many, many more.

Leavell’s most recent album is Chuck Gets Big (with The Frankfurt Radio Big Band), released via BMG in 2018.

The good news is that Chuck is giving some interviews (to France and else), so we will soon get articles !

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-05-27 14:22 by Yazid Manou.

Re: Good news from Chuck Leavell
Posted by: waterrats ()
Date: May 27, 2022 14:23

Love his work with the ABB and the Black Crowes!

Good man!

Thanks for the info!

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: May 27, 2022 16:22

Tell him the animals in the IORR zoo love him despite the occasional bouts of reproaches and accusations.
If you can extort from Chuck a few juicy anecdotes about the Dirty Work sessions... merci d'avance!

Did he really play drums on the outtake named "Deep Love"?

Posted by: keefmick ()
Date: May 27, 2022 17:59

I had the opportunity to meet him and play Satisfaction with him. He couldn't possibly be a nicer guy!!

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: May 27, 2022 19:05

Only met Chuck once, back in 2014 in Oslo after the final rehearsal on the Saturday afternoon before the gig on Monday.

Chuck and his wife are a lovely couple and he was more interested in what gigs I've seen, and if I was going to see other gigs on the Tour. smileys with beer

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: May 27, 2022 19:35

Great musician! Great guy. Love Chuck!

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: May 27, 2022 22:03

Enjoyed him best when he was with the Allman Brothers, especially on the Brothers and Sisters album....Jessica is a monumental tune...

Posted by: Yazid Manou ()
Date: June 2, 2022 11:30

Journalist Eric Bureau from Le Parisien (french daily newspaper) who attended the Madrid show sent a message on Twitter, June 1st :

We (BMG) organized 6 interviews : Rock & Folk, BFM TV, Le Parisien, Le JDD, Sud-Ouest and France 3 TV.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-06-02 11:32 by Yazid Manou.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: June 5, 2022 02:38

Interview for Sud-Ouest: [www.sudouest.fr]

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: June 6, 2022 00:54

Yazid Manou
Journalist Eric Bureau from Le Parisien (french daily newspaper) who attended the Madrid show sent a message on Twitter, June 1st :

We (BMG) organized 6 interviews : Rock & Folk, BFM TV, Le Parisien, Le JDD, Sud-Ouest and France 3 TV.

And this is disparaging in no way because who doesn't love Santa, but imagine Chuck wearing a white fur lined red toque with white ball on the end?

Posted by: stonesstein ()
Date: June 6, 2022 15:44

I met Chuck on Saturday morning at the Farmers' Market here in Savannah, GA in the Spring of 21. While my eyes made it obvious that I knew who he was, I did not try to "keep him" (nor did I acknowledge out loud who he was); instead, I joked "I suspect that we'll be seeing you on TV later this year with a bunch of your old friends?" to which he laughed and said something to the effect of "Yes, I have a conference call about that this afternoon." He smiled, and we parted. Nice guy, period.

stonesstein

Kick me like you did before
I can't even feel the pain no more
Rocks Off, 1972

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1673
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home