Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: George Thorogood and The Stones
Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: August 11, 2012 16:49

Crap.

Him Too? Its getting mighty hard to swing this thing around here...

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: August 11, 2012 16:53

Munichhilton
Crap.

Him Too? Its getting mighty hard to swing this thing around here...

no further outbursts. each poster gets exactly one warning. the penalty for failure to comply is....well, it's something.

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: August 11, 2012 18:16

StonesTod
i will not tolerate any lennon bashing on my site

Agree with you on that. But could you please post your list of people not allowed to bash here? John Lennon, Garcia, Chuck Leavell and Gazza are the only ones I'm certain of.

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: August 11, 2012 18:32

Some guidelines would be helpful...if confining.

Maybe even a little defensive.

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: August 11, 2012 20:58

Erik_Snow
StonesTod
i will not tolerate any lennon bashing on my site

Agree with you on that. But could you please post your list of people not allowed to bash here? John Lennon, Garcia, Chuck Leavell and Gazza are the only ones I'm certain of.

i will post 'em as i see 'em.

er...no bashing gazza? ha. the great gazza, his almighty self would frown upon such a proposition. he invites his bashes and it would be impolite not accept the invitation.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: August 11, 2012 21:29

I was thinking of posting George's "Madison Blues" (from Youtube), live from Philadelphia, 1985 (Live Aid) but it doesn't seem to work for me.
Can someone please inform me how to copy and paste it (it doesn't work the normal way)?

Posted by: Harlem Shuffler ()
Date: August 11, 2012 22:04

Stoneage
I was thinking of posting George's "Madison Blues" (from Youtube), live from Philadelphia, 1985 (Live Aid) but it doesn't seem to work for me.
Can someone please inform me how to copy and paste it (it doesn't work the normal way)?

Here you go. Control + C then Control + V

Posted by: No Expectations ()
Date: August 13, 2012 04:58

whitem8
Snob. Great rocking bar blues. The Destroyers a great back up band and George could/can rip it up on country picking slide.

Agreed!

And yes NO Garcia bashing allowed!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-08-13 05:00 by No Expectations.

Posted by: slew ()
Date: August 13, 2012 06:15

I beleive Ronniw was a mess in 1981 with a serious crack addiction and there was some creedence about Thorogood joining the band. George plays a great show love his sound but there ain't nothing original about him and he does not take it too seriously and pays homage to roots rock and that is what makes him good plus he has a whole lot of attitude. I don;t know if he would have been a good fit for the Stones. i kind of think not.

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: August 13, 2012 09:17

slew
I beleive Ronniw was a mess in 1981 with a serious crack addiction and there was some creedence about Thorogood joining the band. George plays a great show love his sound but there ain't nothing original about him and he does not take it too seriously and pays homage to roots rock and that is what makes him good plus he has a whole lot of attitude. I don;t know if he would have been a good fit for the Stones. i kind of think not.

Thankfully reasonable heads have prevailed. Or one anyway.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: August 13, 2012 09:20

Good lord, I thought Keith had finally kicked Mick out of the band.

Posted by: CousinC ()
Date: August 13, 2012 15:39

Btw. Jagger joined Thorogood on stage in Den Haag on june 3 during the Stones 82 europ. tour as been heard on a not so great boot.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1298
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home