Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

P4 Extra Guests - Mick Jagger interview
Posted by: Oriongalaxy ()
Date: April 8, 2022 15:31

This one is quiet interesting. I enjoyed a lot listening to Mick talking about the Stones early times, mentioned Charlie, the current tour and some more.

[sverigesradio.se]

Re: P4 Extra Guests - Mick Jagger interview
Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: April 8, 2022 15:35

The Erik Blix interview: Shortly: Okey, not bad, not good. If they only could stay away from retrospective questions - Jagger doesn't like them. And stupid ones like "Is this your last tour".
(They should hire me as a media consultant - I know which questions to ask and which to avoid). Good song choices though: Gimme Shelter and Rip This Joint (El Mocambo).

The interview didn't yield much in the end. The test for that is sometimes that when Jagger asks you to finish off the interview it is not very good. Jagger: He was in a good mood, talked a lot but didn't say much.
As could be expected. His voice though: It's more nasal then ever. He sounds like he has a constant cold. I'm not kidding. He really does.

Date: April 8, 2022 16:54

It's not 'a constant cold', it's the British accent! smiling smiley

Anyways I enjoyed a lot, no matter if he didn't really said a lot. I would rather avoid questions regarding Charlie's passing and the band continuing tour. He clearly doesn't like talking the same again and again. But who does?

Posted by: noughties ()
Date: April 8, 2022 18:10

Oriongalaxy
He clearly doesn't like talking the same again and again. But who does?

Right. Some people get insulted by this. Especially if they have romantic hopes towards the person who`s talking.

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: April 8, 2022 18:15

Oriongalaxy

well, he's in band that performing the same stuff over and over and over again…

Date: April 8, 2022 19:33

slewan
Oriongalaxy

well, he's in band that performing the same stuff over and over and over again…

True. But if you've ever listened to what he was saying for example in the interview for Howard Stein, you would surely understand why they do play the same songs. Just listen to his words carefully.
I'm not saying I would'nt prefer if they play different songs every night...

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: April 8, 2022 19:50

Slewan's answer was rhetorical, Orion. Nothing wrong talking about Charlie's demise though. In fact it would be negligent not to do so. What Jagger doesn't like are a) personal questions, b) questions about the past, c) critical questions. He will do his 20 minutes though since he is a professional. If he gets irritated he tends to shorten the interview a bit. Another thing is that he gives female journalists much more slack than male. Even if they know absolutely nothing about the band.

Date: April 8, 2022 23:16

Sure thing man. I just meant talking and being asked about some things/ situations all the time around might be tough. Besides have you heard short interview for BBC Music 6 last year? By Matt Everitt? That one was funny.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1651
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home