Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Ear-friendly Concert Experience after Hearing Loss
Posted by: Bluesstone ()
Date: March 23, 2022 20:34

On the plus side: I have tickets for 2 Stones shows in Europe this summer and while the band is not the same as it was when I last saw them in 2018, I am still very much looking forward to that.

One the minus side: I had a quite severe hearing loss over Christmas and while my hearing completely recovered rather quickly after a couple of days (with the help of some medication), I had some form of low-level earnoises and a general instability in my ear ever since.

As of now I have been very lucky it seems. It was probably rather stress-related and a sign that my body wanted to send me, than a result of loud music or standing too close to sound speakers. Nevertheless, it quite a serious sign that I need to take my well-being and health more seriously and I do not plan to repeat that experience.

Now, trying to reduce stress, sleeping more, seeing various doctors for help has surely helped in my recovery, and I hope for the ear becoming more stable overr time and of course I want to avoid any future hearing loss altogether in the future.

With that in mind, I will prioritize my health over seeing the Stones again, in case I need to make that decision before the shows in the summer, so I will just wait and see how it goes.

I vaguely recall a discussion on that subject on this board years ago, is there any advice that some of you might give? I am also looking for earplugs to get before the shows as I don't want to take any chances. Are you aware of ear plugs suited particularly well for concert goers?

Cheers!

Re: Ear-friendly Concert Experience after Hearing Loss
Posted by: NashvilleBlues ()
Date: March 23, 2022 20:43

Glad you're getting better. Take care of yourself and good luck! Sorry, I'm not too smart about my hearing (pretty sure Sonic Youth damaged my right eardrum permanently), so no advice there. It does seem the high-end treble isn't typical anymore, or maybe I just can't hear it because of ear damage.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: March 23, 2022 20:45

Bluesstone

Are you aware of ear plugs suited particularly well for concert goers?

See these threads - [iorr.org] , [iorr.org] , [iorr.org] , [iorr.org] .

Posted by: steadyrollinman ()
Date: March 23, 2022 20:47

[www.loudersound.com]

A friend of mine had tinnitus so he used to wear plugs like the Fender ones you can see in the link above and it worked for him. It might be different from one person to another, though.

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: March 23, 2022 20:54

These are similar to the Fender ones mentioned above. I have hearing issues, am really susceptible to losing it for a few hours if I forget to wear these at a loud concert. I swear by them.

[www.amazon.ca]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1842
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home