Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: Dylan/Grateful Dead -insight into singer/songwriter
Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: August 11, 2012 10:33

treaclefingers
24FPS
Oh, I R O N Y. I got an e-mail today from Amazon offering me discounts on Grateful Dead downloads. I e-mailed them back with an offer for them to pay me to download them. I haven't heard back.

That's an example of their software making assumptions that a human wouldn't.
Did you buy any Doors or Jefferson Airplane recently?

No. I would understand why they might make that assumption. I have bought Grateful Dead product for friends at Christmas. I mean, god, I'm not a monster. Well....

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: August 11, 2012 16:17

24FPS
treaclefingers
24FPS
Oh, I R O N Y. I got an e-mail today from Amazon offering me discounts on Grateful Dead downloads. I e-mailed them back with an offer for them to pay me to download them. I haven't heard back.

No. I would understand why they might make that assumption. I have bought Grateful Dead product for friends at Christmas. I mean, god, I'm not a monster. Well....

such displays of insecurity i have rarely witnessed...

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: August 11, 2012 21:28

StonesTod
24FPS
treaclefingers
24FPS

agreed...most displays of insecurity i've heard of are completely heresay.

Date: August 11, 2012 21:30

treaclefingers
StonesTod
24FPS
treaclefingers
24FPS

agreed...most displays of insecurity i've heard of are completely heresay.

theresay?

Posted by: No Expectations ()
Date: August 12, 2012 02:39

24FPS
treaclefingers
24FPS

Was it really for friends....???? it's OK come on out of the GD closet!

Date: August 12, 2012 04:24

No Expectations
24FPS
treaclefingers
24FPS

I bought a book called Grateful Dead 365. I gave it a 3 out of 5 star review on Amazon, saying I hated the group but the book was fine and your Dead Head friends should love it. The hate comments I got were hilarious. One called me a moron. One hoped a Dark Star fell on me, and then called me a loser. And it said 0 of 25 people found this review helpful. I've reviewed a number of things on Amazon and almost always got good responses from people. Which left me wondering about Dead Heads. Are they hippies with all the peace and love sucked out? What does that leave? Maybe they didn't like my comment that the Grateful Dead sound like the garage band down the street you hope isn't playing at the party you're going to.

Posted by: No Expectations ()
Date: August 12, 2012 04:31

24FPS
No Expectations
24FPS
treaclefingers
24FPS

I bought a book called Grateful Dead 365. I gave it a 3 out of 5 star review on Amazon, saying I hated the group but the book was fine and your Dead Head friends should love it. The hate comments I got were hilarious. One called me a moron. One hoped a Dark Star fell on me, and then called me a loser. And it said 0 of 25 people found this review helpful. I've reviewed a number of things on Amazon and almost always got good responses from people. Which left me wondering about Dead Heads. Are they hippies with all the peace and love sucked out? What does that leave? Maybe they didn't like my comment that the Grateful Dead sound like the garage band down the street you hope isn't playing at the party you're going to.

Believe me...most real Dead Heads are not leaving reviews on Amazon!!!!!!!
Though your comment was obviously meant to be inflammatory as usual!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-08-12 04:34 by No Expectations.

Date: August 12, 2012 05:15

No Expectations
24FPS
No Expectations
24FPS
treaclefingers
24FPS

Believe me...most real Dead Heads are not leaving reviews on Amazon!!!!!!!
Though your comment was obviously meant to be inflammatory as usual!

Yeah, I know. Sorry. But I'm bored and it's been 100 degrees here in L.A. for a week. I'm baked, but not the good kind.

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: August 12, 2012 05:28

we need more GD threads

Date: August 12, 2012 14:03

24FPS
No Expectations
24FPS
treaclefingers
24FPS

look...you've already proven my theory...no need to go out of your way to add more proof, ok? well done, my friend...well done.

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: August 12, 2012 14:15

"Dandruff is the first sign of madness..." Dr. Winston O'Boogie

Posted by: Zack ()
Date: August 12, 2012 15:25

24FPS

One called me a moron.

Insightful

Date: August 12, 2012 22:00

Zack
24FPS

One called me a moron.

Insightful

I know. And so classy. So, I've mentioned my friends who are Dead Heads. It's a father and son team. He's from the Bay Area and he's brought his son, now 17 up on the Dead. The kid is real talented musically and a quick study on guitar. They often head up north to Bay Area Dead related concerts around New Years. And the kid always goes to see Furthur at the Greek, always getting his tickets months in advance. (They'll be here in October). I told him about my back and forth with Dead fans and how some of them try to push a certain song or say the concert experience would change my mind. So I asked him, "Be truthful and tell me what a Dead crowd is like at a Furthur concert." He looked down at the ground and said, "A bunch of drunken idiots."

Posted by: 2000 LYFH ()
Date: August 12, 2012 22:24

24FPS
Zack
24FPS

One called me a moron.

Insightful

I know. And so classy. So, I've mentioned my friends who are Dead Heads. It's a father and son team. He's from the Bay Area and he's brought his son, now 17 up on the Dead. The kid is real talented musically and a quick study on guitar. They often head up north to Bay Area Dead related concerts around New Years. And the kid always goes to see Furthur at the Greek, always getting his tickets months in advance. (They'll be here in October). I told him about my back and forth with Dead fans and how some of them try to push a certain song or say the concert experience would change my mind. So I asked him, "Be truthful and tell me what a Dead crowd is like at a Furthur concert." He looked down at the ground and said, "A bunch of drunken idiots."

Sounds like he's also calling his father a "drunken idiot"! I guess he knows what he will be when he grows up...

Posted by: deadegad ()
Date: August 13, 2012 00:28

Here is an interesting interview with Jerry Garcia and Elvis Costello in which they talk about the various influences on their music:

[gdead.berkeley.edu]

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1526
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home