Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT: Ernest Tubb record store - country music history
Posted by: dmay ()
Date: March 13, 2022 18:51

A nice read on what is probably the end of another landmark in country music history. I've been to this store along with the Ryman Auditorium, Tootsie's Orchid Lounge and the original Music Row area. I can thank my pappy for my love of classic/real country music though, when he played country music on the radio in my teen years and had us sit through what I considered hick music t-v shows, I didn't really appreciate it.

[www.savingcountrymusic.com]

Re: OT: Ernest Tubb record store - country music history
Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: March 13, 2022 18:58

My dad actually met Johnny Cash. Johnny appeared at a Billy Graham crusade & dad was in the choir. The crusade was several nights when the old Kingdome in Seattle first opened. He made me go one night. The deal was if I went I would be allowed to go see the Wings over America show in the Kingdome (my second concert). I didn't get "saved" but it was worth sitting through so I could see McCartney. In 1976 it was a huge deal to be able to see a real live Beatle!

Posted by: bob r ()
Date: March 13, 2022 20:34

My favorite record store in the universe ! everytime I am in Nashville I can easily spend the better part of a day there, picking country, gospel and hard to find books and videos.
The fact that its being sold KILLS me !
Maybe the Country Music Hall of Fame or some well-to-do Nashville musicians will step in and buy the place and keep it going ! Its been around since 1947, and at it current location on Broadway in downtown Nashville since 1951-- the place is amazing

Posted by: NashvilleBlues ()
Date: March 13, 2022 21:10

Nashville landmark.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2381
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home