Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT: 50 Years Ago This Month "Smokin'"
Posted by: roryfaninva ()
Date: March 6, 2022 20:23

Every high school pot smokin' long hair cranked this record in their basement when I was teenager..can it really be 50 years? Their most commercial record and highest chart position. Even Frampton says its his favorite Pie record. RIP Steve Marriott and Greg Ridley. Gimme back the early 70's.

[www.youtube.com]

Re: OT: 50 Years Ago This Month "Smokin'"
Posted by: loog droog ()
Date: March 6, 2022 20:39

GREAT f***ing album!!

There are scores of bands from the last 50 years who in their entire careers have never even come close to achieving the funky greatness heard in the opening seconds of "Hot n Nasty."

Who among us didn't sing along at the beginning of "30 Days In The Hole?" And then crack up the same time as the did in the record?

I totally relate to your comments. (Except we didn't have a basement.)

The feel of that album is tremendous. Any fan of Exile on Main St. has to explore this record.

Steve Marriott was a force of nature. A small dude with a huge voice that still blows me away. That one-man Wall of Sound shines on 50 years later.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2022-03-06 23:22 by loog droog.

Date: March 6, 2022 20:57

roryfaninva
Every high school pot smokin' long hair cranked this record in their basement when I was teenager..can it really be 50 years? Their most commercial record and highest chart position. Even Frampton says its his favorite Pie record. RIP Steve Marriott and Greg Ridley. Gimme back the early 70's.

[www.youtube.com]

Feels like a hundred years ago.

Posted by: loog droog ()
Date: March 7, 2022 18:41

roryfaninva
Even Frampton says its his favorite Pie record.
[www.youtube.com]

And for those who aren't Humble Pie fans, that fact is significant because... he isn't even on it.

Sort of like when Mick Taylor cited Beggars Banquet is his favorite Stones album.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1595
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home