Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Stones post Live in Texas 1972
Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: July 3, 2012 10:42

His Majesty
kleermaker
vudicus
This is from "Ladies & Gentlemen".
It's already had an official release on DVD and Bluray.
That's of course the reason why His M. cries out: "I hope not!" grinning smiley

Another non Jones era Stones Archive slot gone means another lost chance for a great Jones era recording.

There are already some fine Taylor and Wood era recordings available.

I share the feelings towards a Jones-era recording. The only positive thought I got for a possible 2005 show or some another Vegas show, is that if they release that in order to cover all their career (and not just the legendary hot guitar-driven yaers), they need to release a Jones-era recording as well.

Actually if they think the archive realease project in terms of getting positive publicity, a Brian era recording could be possibly the best option they have. It has a historical value, which surpasses the standard fan reception. The 60's Stones have a greater appeal than what for example IORR represents. But as we know, the Stones always have difficulties in trying to make use of their real golden era since the Klein deal. So we are stuck to post-STICKY FINGERS catalog, and the band does its best to sell that. I am afraid that there are still some technical raesons why a Brian era recording will not see light of the day (for example, even if it is technically posible, the band do not want to promote DECCA era.)

I really pray that same day the dual existence of Stones catalog would make one beautiful collection. (C'mon, Mick, use your millions and give a Klein family an offer, and Keith back up Mick with your blade.)

- Doxa

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-07-03 10:48 by Doxa.

Posted by: marcovandereijk ()
Date: July 3, 2012 11:04

I am afraid Doxa is right about the Abkco/Decca problem for releasing any live material
from the 60s. The main problem might be that both parties (Stones on one side, the Kleins
on the other side) have a different view of the value of the material from those years,
both artistically and commercially.

It is my impression that Abkco is speculating about a raise of the commercial value
of the 60s material after the death of either Mick or Keith. It would not surprise me
if they will come with a truckload of re-issues within a month after such a sad event
has taken place. I don't think they are interested in the artistic value of the songs they
have in store, and I am quite sure they will not publish any Deluxe albums with outtakes
just for the sake of giving fans an opportunity to hear the creative process the band
went through.

And I don't think The Stones rate their 60s live material high enough in an artistic
sense to go out and make an offer for the rights. Sure, they wrote great songs at the
time, maybe their most creative era of all, but the 60s was not the decade to take
your creations to the stage and let them come to life before your audience. It was more
or less just playing a couple of tunes to have the audience buy your records (and maybe
meet some girls after the show in case you're a not too attractive bass player).
I don't think The Stones look back at those shows with much pride of the way they
performed The Last Time, Play with Fire or 19th Nervous Breakdown in those years
and might think it is worth the fuss to negotiate with the Klein family to gain the
rights to publish those shows.

But of course, I have no facts to underpin these thoughts.

Just as long as the guitar plays, let it steal your heart away

Posted by: NoCode0680 ()
Date: July 3, 2012 11:15

Naturalust
NoCode0680
StonesTod
i'm fully expecting the next release to be a download of the entire '72 tour...if the dead can do it, so can the stones. in fact, everybody should release their entire '72 tour, whether they toured or not...

Looks like it's time for me to release my "-8 Years Old And Loving It" tour.

And my Twice Around the Nursery then back to the breast tour....peace

Naturalust, the last thing we need is more bootlegs from your Vegas Era. Even if the giant inflatable breasts were amusing, the music was lacking.

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: July 3, 2012 16:22

Justin
StonesTod
Justin
I hope the next archieve release is a twofer and they also release the rumored Toronto 2005 club show for those who actually were looking forward to that one too.

all four of you?

Please. If it ever does come out, word will spread that it's actually a good release and all the whiners will obtain it then admit "Hey, it isn't THAT bad. Its got some good moments." Plus, isn't it all the same to you Tod? Didn't you stop paying for music a long time ago? I'm not sure a torrent download of a 2005 or 1969 show would really put a dent in your finances.

oh, i'll go ahead and steal myself a copy for sure. i'm just not looking forward to it...

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: July 3, 2012 16:24

StonesTod
Justin
StonesTod
Justin
I hope the next archieve release is a twofer and they also release the rumored Toronto 2005 club show for those who actually were looking forward to that one too.

all four of you?

Please. If it ever does come out, word will spread that it's actually a good release and all the whiners will obtain it then admit "Hey, it isn't THAT bad. Its got some good moments." Plus, isn't it all the same to you Tod? Didn't you stop paying for music a long time ago? I'm not sure a torrent download of a 2005 or 1969 show would really put a dent in your finances.

oh, i'll go ahead and steal myself a copy for sure. i'm just not looking forward to it...

I love that you have a conscience...or something.

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: July 3, 2012 16:27

treaclefingers
StonesTod
Justin
StonesTod
Justin

all four of you?

it's not about all the awful stuff one does...it's about how one feels about it afterward...

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: July 3, 2012 16:36

StonesTod
treaclefingers
StonesTod
Justin
StonesTod
Justin

all four of you?

it's not about all the awful stuff one does...it's about how one feels about it afterward...

agreed, i make it a priorty to ask for forgiveness after the particularly bad stuff...in fact, I'll diarize a repentence session at least weekly.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: July 3, 2012 19:37

NoCode0680
Naturalust
NoCode0680
StonesTod
i'm fully expecting the next release to be a download of the entire '72 tour...if the dead can do it, so can the stones. in fact, everybody should release their entire '72 tour, whether they toured or not...

Looks like it's time for me to release my "-8 Years Old And Loving It" tour.

And my Twice Around the Nursery then back to the breast tour....peace

Naturalust, the last thing we need is more bootlegs from your Vegas Era. Even if the giant inflatable breasts were amusing, the music was lacking.

I claim owership of the era from Let it Bleed to Exile, please excuse my horror at you calling the Vegas Era mine, not the case I assure you. peace

Posted by: tomcasagranda ()
Date: July 3, 2012 20:16

marcovandereijk
I am afraid Doxa is right about the Abkco/Decca problem for releasing any live material
from the 60s. The main problem might be that both parties (Stones on one side, the Kleins
on the other side) have a different view of the value of the material from those years,
both artistically and commercially.

It is my impression that Abkco is speculating about a raise of the commercial value
of the 60s material after the death of either Mick or Keith. It would not surprise me
if they will come with a truckload of re-issues within a month after such a sad event
has taken place. I don't think they are interested in the artistic value of the songs they
have in store, and I am quite sure they will not publish any Deluxe albums with outtakes
just for the sake of giving fans an opportunity to hear the creative process the band
went through.

And I don't think The Stones rate their 60s live material high enough in an artistic
sense to go out and make an offer for the rights. Sure, they wrote great songs at the
time, maybe their most creative era of all, but the 60s was not the decade to take
your creations to the stage and let them come to life before your audience. It was more
or less just playing a couple of tunes to have the audience buy your records (and maybe
meet some girls after the show in case you're a not too attractive bass player).
I don't think The Stones look back at those shows with much pride of the way they
performed The Last Time, Play with Fire or 19th Nervous Breakdown in those years
and might think it is worth the fuss to negotiate with the Klein family to gain the
rights to publish those shows.

But of course, I have no facts to underpin these thoughts.

Just a minute; wasn't Ya Yas reissued in deluxe format ? If so, Klein's descendants appear not to be waiting for the death of Jagger/Richards.

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: July 3, 2012 20:30

It seems any new Decca/London based (1963 - 1970/71??) era release which involves previously unreleased material requires the co-operation, consent and agreements between, at the very least, ABKCO and The Rolling Stones.

ABKCO can't release new/old stuff unless it's the original singles, ep's and albums in their original running order etc. Metamorphosis was the last previously unreleased material album they had the right to release without any co-operation from The Rolling Stones.

The Rock and Roll Circus and The 40th Get Yer Ya-Ya's- Out sets are proof ABKCO and The Rolling Stones can work togther and release cool stuff.

Get to it please! thumbs up

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2012-07-03 20:32 by His Majesty.

Posted by: tomcasagranda ()
Date: July 3, 2012 20:48

His Majesty
It seems any new Decca/London based (1963 - 1970/71??) era release which involves previously unreleased material requires the co-operation, consent and agreements between, at the very least, ABKCO and The Rolling Stones.

ABKCO can't release new/old stuff unless it's the original singles, ep's and albums in their original running order etc. Metamorphosis was the last previously unreleased material album they had the right to release without any co-operation from The Rolling Stones.

The Rock and Roll Circus and The 40th Get Yer Ya-Ya's- Out sets are proof ABKCO and The Rolling Stones can work togther and release cool stuff.

A deluxe Let It Bleed with another 1969 concert as a bonus disc would make a great 50th anniversary, but apples would grow on ivy before that would happen.

Date: July 3, 2012 20:52

Ya-Yay's is enough for now, thanks. spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

A good vintage Jones era release needs to be done. There's already many a tasty release relating to the other era's.

Mick, how about that Crawdaddy tape yah bought? grinning smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-07-03 20:55 by His Majesty.

Posted by: keith56 ()
Date: July 3, 2012 20:57

tomcasagranda
His Majesty

A deluxe Let It Bleed with another 1969 concert as a bonus disc would make a great 50th anniversary, but apples would grow on ivy before that would happen.

Great idea , if only ...

Date: July 3, 2012 21:01

I hope not! ^

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2140
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home