Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT: Nice interview of Jimmy Cliff
Posted by: dmay ()
Date: August 7, 2021 17:53

Nice read. KR covered the title song for the movie.

[www.theguardian.com]

Re: OT: Nice interview of Jimmy Cliff
Posted by: Javadave ()
Date: August 7, 2021 19:37

Enjoyed reading that. Thanks for sharing.

Makes me wonder how Burning Spear is doing, and why he doesn’t also have an Order of Merit?

Posted by: Javadave ()
Date: August 7, 2021 19:37

(double post)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-08-07 19:39 by Javadave.

Posted by: jbwelda ()
Date: August 7, 2021 19:59

Javadave
Enjoyed reading that. Thanks for sharing.

Makes me wonder how Burning Spear is doing, and why he doesn’t also have an Order of Merit?

Winston Rodney the Burning Spear has flipped out more or less and is pretty much living the life of a hermit in New York. He has pulled the rights to distribute his music from pretty much everyone and is instead trying to do mail order only with his wife Sonia. It is him against the world if you listen to him talk about it. Purely paranoid fabrication of conspiracies against him. He has been like this all the way back to the seventies but the last couple of decades it has come to a head. Thats probably at the heart of the OM thing too, any opportunities offered are viewed as a way to separate him from the millions of dollars in royalties that he is sure are owed to him over all the "bootlegs" of his material that are out there. (There are few or none, by the way, but you cannot convince him of that.) Its a sad situation.

jb

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: August 7, 2021 20:20

Thanks for that. I've had the soundtrack to Harder they come for about 40 years, lovely Jamaican sampler. Never seen the movie though...yet!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2178
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home