Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

The Diaries of Andy Warhol (by Pat Hackett) and the RS
Posted by: 1963luca0 ()
Date: March 27, 2021 09:54

I'm reading the Italian edition of this book covering circa ten years (1976/87) of the life and the daily activities of the Genius. No need to say, the books often tells about his meetings with Bianca & Jade, Mick Jagger & Bianca and Jerry and many others. Sometimes Keith Richards and Ron Wood are mentioned. Sometimes, the accuracy seems to be in contrast with what a medium fan of the Rolling Stones knows. Here we go...

29 September 1977
(...) When Mick arrived he was 20 minutes late and of good humor. In the meantime, I was taking photographs of the Rolling Stones. Then all of them arrived: Ron Wood, Earl McGrath and Keith Richards who I find adorable. I love him. I told him I've been the first one to meet Anita Pallemberg. In the Sixties.
(my addition: when she visited NYC in company of the Italian painter Mario Schifano, in the early 60s)

The point is: AW never tells he was asked to design the cover for 'Love You Live' and he does not mention any photo session with the Rolling Stones before and suddenly comes up with this unique shooting 6 days after the album was out.

On top of that, for those who love the genesis and the history of album covers:

5 June 1978
After having left the Carlyle I've said Bianca that Mick has ruined the cover of 'Love You Live' I made for them, writing on it - it's his calligraphy and he's written that bold. Guys who buy the album would have got a fine piece of art if hadn't ruined it.

The book is filled with gossip on Bianca's relations with a lot of people in NYC, talks about RS-related people (Scorsese, McGrath, Erthegun) parting, or taking drugs, or both and so on, but nothing really revealing is told. It seems that the this huge Artist had a very sad and empty life, actually.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2021-03-27 09:58 by 1963luca0.

Re: The Diaries of Andy Warhol (by Pat Hackett) and the RS
Posted by: Toru A ()
Date: March 27, 2021 10:44

Tea With The Rolling Stones
from Interview magazine

[www.interviewmagazine.com]

Re: The Diaries of Andy Warhol (by Pat Hackett) and the RS
Posted by: Redhotcarpet ()
Date: March 27, 2021 19:23

1963luca0
I'm reading the Italian edition of this book covering circa ten years (1976/87) of the life and the daily activities of the Genius. No need to say, the books often tells about his meetings with Bianca & Jade, Mick Jagger & Bianca and Jerry and many others. Sometimes Keith Richards and Ron Wood are mentioned. Sometimes, the accuracy seems to be in contrast with what a medium fan of the Rolling Stones knows. Here we go...

29 September 1977
(...) When Mick arrived he was 20 minutes late and of good humor. In the meantime, I was taking photographs of the Rolling Stones. Then all of them arrived: Ron Wood, Earl McGrath and Keith Richards who I find adorable. I love him. I told him I've been the first one to meet Anita Pallemberg. In the Sixties.
(my addition: when she visited NYC in company of the Italian painter Mario Schifano, in the early 60s)

The point is: AW never tells he was asked to design the cover for 'Love You Live' and he does not mention any photo session with the Rolling Stones before and suddenly comes up with this unique shooting 6 days after the album was out.

On top of that, for those who love the genesis and the history of album covers:

5 June 1978
After having left the Carlyle I've said Bianca that Mick has ruined the cover of 'Love You Live' I made for them, writing on it - it's his calligraphy and he's written that bold. Guys who buy the album would have got a fine piece of art if hadn't ruined it.

The book is filled with gossip on Bianca's relations with a lot of people in NYC, talks about RS-related people (Scorsese, McGrath, Erthegun) parting, or taking drugs, or both and so on, but nothing really revealing is told. It seems that the this huge Artist had a very sad and empty life, actually.

And the LYL biting sessions took place in 1975 (right?) Edit: summer of -77? Judging by the ones of Mick and Jade.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-03-27 19:28 by Redhotcarpet.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1322
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home