Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

60s songs that say these are the Stones
Posted by: dmay ()
Date: February 17, 2021 04:31

Well, here's some more click bait. An interesting selection. I don't agree with all of the selections, but I think they're pretty much there.

[www.udiscovermusic.com]

Re: 60s songs that say these are the Stones
Posted by: georgie48 ()
Date: February 17, 2021 18:33

dmay
Well, here's some more click bait. An interesting selection. I don't agree with all of the selections, but I think they're pretty much there.

[www.udiscovermusic.com]

The list as such is quite okay, I'd say. Little Red Rooster to me would be a landmark song too, but ah, again, we all have our personal taste. Some of the explanations are very poor, though. In particular Ruby Tuesday and Paint It Black should have had mention of Brian Jones too.
confused smiley

Posted by: liddas ()
Date: February 17, 2021 19:44

georgie48
dmay

[www.udiscovermusic.com]

The list as such is quite okay, I'd say. Little Red Rooster to me would be a landmark song too, but ah, again, we all have our personal taste. Some of the explanations are very poor, though. In particular Ruby Tuesday and Paint It Black should have had mention of Brian Jones too.
confused smiley

Agree!

And Rooster should be in the top 5

Just wonder how these notes were prepared.

There is some quite obscure information that only a super fan would know paired with crass errors. I mean, how can you know that Rambler was composed in Positano and not know that Keith doesn't take solos on it live? You know where Devil was recorded, and you credit the trademark percussions to the wrong person?

C

C

Posted by: DaveG ()
Date: February 17, 2021 21:56

A decent list. But, Parachute Woman has never screamed ā€œ60ā€™sā€ to me. I would replace Parachute Woman with The Last Time.

Posted by: jbwelda ()
Date: February 17, 2021 23:40

I dont know, I guess they hit the high points, and I have to agree with most at least as far as widespread popular audience counts. But to put Gimme Shelter first is kind of exploitative. To me, the #1 has to be Jumpin Jack Flash, if only for the impact it made immediately upon me on first hearing and seemed to do the same to the rest of the population. It was immediately on the radio all the time, and I mean pure commercial AM radio, as soon as it was released, and I recall it staying there for a long time. Gimme Shelter probably ought to be in there still, though I would argue maybe YCAGWYW might be more deserving, maybe down around #8 or 9. Jumpin Jack Flash just has it all though, definate #1 in my book.

jb

Posted by: Taylor1 ()
Date: February 18, 2021 00:06

Stupid concept,the beauty of the Stones is their wide range of music from Lady Jane to Get Off My Cloud

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1803
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home