Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Any comments on the Made In Japan CD boxset?
Posted by: jbwelda ()
Date: February 13, 2021 11:21

I was wondering if anyone had any comments they could offer on this boot-looking 13 CD set called Made In Japan? It collects together some concerts, notably from the Totally Stripped blu rays, along with Brussels Affair and LA Forum 75 and a cd of japan only bonus tracks evidently. It is annotated as to the sources, looks like they are taken from various Japan only releases.

My question is basically if this is even sort of legitimate, and if the sound is good and up to the standard of the sources they were evidently taken/stolen from. Or any other comments.

I ask because the set is available for what seems to be a pretty fair price if it is halfway decent in quality.

thanks
jb

Re: Any comments on the Made In Japan CD boxset?
Posted by: ironbelly ()
Date: February 13, 2021 12:41

It is bootleg.
The sources are listed. Thus, digital content was taken from official releases (copied from CDs, ripped from DVDs/Blue-rays). I have no idea about the quality of the CDs and if they really used loseless files or upconverted mp3s that were at torrent sites. Did not buy bootlegs in ages.

Date: February 13, 2021 18:53

thank you ironbelly, the cheap copy i saw on ebay got sold overnight so its a moot point now.

jb

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: February 13, 2021 23:11

Don't buy that crap. Every show you want is available for free.

Date: February 14, 2021 00:24

yeah i know it is, but its the packaging and the very cheap cost per cd that was attracting me. To be honest, if it were the music I was interested in, it would not be much of what was on that set, and I have all of it from other sources including official anyhow. Just another pretty bookend for the collection.

thank you though,

jb

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1432
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home