Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: OT - Bono becomes richest musician
Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: May 19, 2012 04:30

MILKYWAY
He's never gotten a dime from me.

Wow bono with the anti christ! So Bono did sell his soul at the crossroads.

Date: May 19, 2012 04:32

FrankM
I certainly wouldn't buy the stock. Facebook is huge but it's not likely to get any bigger than it is now. It is probably at it's peak right now and the shares are more likely to go down than up.

My thoughts exactly.

Posted by: Title5Take1 ()
Date: May 19, 2012 05:02

More Hot Rocks
MILKYWAY

I've seen these for sale at a lot of coffeehouses and shops that are hangouts for liberal Democrat types. Oh, Irony:

Posted by: Jah Paul ()
Date: May 19, 2012 05:45

More Hot Rocks
MILKYWAY

You may want to do some research on President Bush's humanitarian efforts in Africa fighting AIDS...saving countless lives in the process.

Yeah, he's some anti-Christ. eye rolling smiley

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: May 19, 2012 06:06

mtaylor
My advise to Bono - get rid of those shares.

Facebook will be another one of those "not value shares" in a few moths.

Just another crap value shares like those dot.com shares some 10 years ago.

<<< Just another crap value shares like those dot.com shares some 10 years ago >>>

thumbs up thumbs up thumbs up

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: May 19, 2012 16:18

"You may want to do some research on President Bush's humanitarian efforts in Africa fighting AIDS...saving countless lives in the process"

I heard some Nazis saved some Jews for "afterwards".

Look at the global picture not the details : W43 still deserves to go to jail. A Nuremberg-style trial with Bush Cheney Rice Rove and the whole clique would be nice.

Won't happen now... but around 2030 when China owns the U.S. who knows? >grinning smiley<

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-05-19 16:20 by dcba.

Posted by: stones78 ()
Date: May 19, 2012 16:37

I don't know why, to me his douchiness just skyrocketed even more.

Date: May 19, 2012 17:40

Naturalust
Bono isn't really even a musician , a singer yes but the term musician is usually reserved for people who can play an instrument.

So when he's writing songs with a guitar and playing the guitar he's really texting something to FaceBook then?

Date: May 19, 2012 20:08

Jah Paul
More Hot Rocks
MILKYWAY

You may want to do some research on President Bush's humanitarian efforts in Africa fighting AIDS...saving countless lives in the process.

Didn't he slaughter 5000 American soldiers to get even with Sadam over his daddy's fight? Yup! The the anti-christ indeed.

Date: May 19, 2012 20:09

If Bono is friends with 43 I'm gonna boycott U2 for life.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: May 20, 2012 13:58

WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
Naturalust
Bono isn't really even a musician , a singer yes but the term musician is usually reserved for people who can play an instrument.

So when he's writing songs with a guitar and playing the guitar he's really texting something to FaceBook then?

Wasn't aware Bono played guitar.Songs? is that what you call the stuff these guys are doing these days? Actually don't really want to know much more about the guy thank you. That picture with the ex-Pres says it all. .. peace

Date: May 20, 2012 18:17

Naturalust
WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
Naturalust

Wasn't aware Bono played guitar.Songs? is that what you call the stuff these guys are doing these days? Actually don't really want to know much more about the guy thank you. That picture with the ex-Pres says it all. .. peace

You're fantastic at talking out of context and being ignorant for the sake of running your mouth for the sake of being funny. You must do the opposite of what directions inform one to do then. ...of tripe?

Posted by: No Expectations ()
Date: May 21, 2012 01:03

More Hot Rocks
Jah Paul
More Hot Rocks
MILKYWAY

Didn't he slaughter 5000 American soldiers to get even with Sadam over his daddy's fight? Yup! The the anti-christ indeed.

Yes indeed he did!

Posted by: 1cdog ()
Date: May 21, 2012 01:06

Attention U2 apologists!!

Please come to Bono's defense/rescue on IORR!!!!!

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: May 21, 2012 01:07

WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
Naturalust
WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
Naturalust

You're fantastic at talking out of context and being ignorant for the sake of running your mouth for the sake of being funny. You must do the opposite of what directions inform one to do then. ...of tripe?

Skippy, if you had simply followed your observation with the signoff peace, all would have been well. Piece.

Date: May 21, 2012 01:29

treaclefingers
WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
Naturalust
WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
Naturalust

Skippy, if you had simply followed your observation with the signoff peace, all would have been well. Piece.

Enjoy flushing yerself!

You did like that though, right? The '...of tripe'?

Posted by: No Expectations ()
Date: May 21, 2012 01:44

Just have never understood the fascination with U2????

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: May 21, 2012 04:32

WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
treaclefingers
WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
Naturalust
WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
Naturalust

Enjoy flushing yerself!

You did like that though, right? The '...of tripe'?

oh, i dug it baby. peas.

Posted by: uhbuhgullayew ()
Date: May 21, 2012 05:23

Jah Paul
More Hot Rocks
MILKYWAY

Humanitarian efforts in New Orleans after Katrina:

Date: May 21, 2012 05:47

uhbuhgullayew
Jah Paul
More Hot Rocks
MILKYWAY

Humanitarian efforts in New Orleans after Katrina:

So predicatble.

You guys all make me laugh.

Date: May 21, 2012 05:51

No Expectations
More Hot Rocks
Jah Paul
More Hot Rocks
MILKYWAY

Yes indeed he did!

Bill Clinton warned everyone about Sadam in August 1998...Hillary did too...and so did John Kerry. And many Democrats voted in favor of the war...after years of worthless UN resolutions. And then there was that little thing called 9/11.

I know...just a bunch of facts. Believe what you will.

Posted by: jpasc95 ()
Date: May 21, 2012 07:04

More Hot Rocks
MILKYWAY

There are hands that should be more difficult to shake than others !

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: May 21, 2012 08:07

I thought it was Lisa Marie Presley (yes, she is still doin records and is therefore a musician)...

2 1 2 0

Date: May 21, 2012 17:57

Come On
I thought it was Lisa Marie Presley (yes, she is still doin records and is therefore a musician)...

Love some of her new stuff, Go Lisa!

WeLoveToPlayThe Blues = Skippy , Now it all makes sense, less ideas than The Edge has notes, too concerned someone likes them. Put the pipe down for a while bro pick up the peace pipe. peace

Posted by: SwayStones ()
Date: May 21, 2012 18:13

Title5Take1
Has anyone else read KILLNG BONO by Neil McCormick? It's a fascinating memoir by a guy who went to high school with all the members of U2, tried to make it as a pop star himself, but failed utterly as he watched his old school buddies blast to superstardom. The tone throughout is bittttter! This new development won't help McCormick's state of mind.

Yes yes ,Title5Take1 ! smiling bouncing smiley
I borrowed the DVD at my library three weeks ago.

Actually ,if you watched the interview of the Mc Cormick brothers on the DVD bonus ,even if the Mc Cormick brothers did exist for real,they said the movie wasn't exactly their story .
Since I watched it in English , I hope I got it all winking smiley

Here is ,IMO ,a very good review of the movie :
[www.spiked-online.com]

A young man, obsessed with /by fame.....

I am a Frenchie ,as Mick affectionately called them in the Old Grey Whistle Test in 1977 .

Date: May 21, 2012 18:16

dcba
"You may want to do some research on President Bush's humanitarian efforts in Africa fighting AIDS...saving countless lives in the process"

I heard some Nazis saved some Jews for "afterwards".

Look at the global picture not the details : W43 still deserves to go to jail. A Nuremberg-style trial with Bush Cheney Rice Rove and the whole clique would be nice.

Won't happen now... but around 2030 when China owns the U.S. who knows? >grinning smiley<

Why don't you post on some extreme left far wing political board,for Godsake !!!

Everybody knows here knows about your hate about America .

Date: May 21, 2012 18:42

Naturalust
Bono isn't really even a musician , a singer yes but the term musician is usually reserved for people who can play an instrument. I like what he did on Mick's documentary being Mick but to be wowed by his personal investments?

Wake me up when it's over please. peace
Hey !

I don't know whether or not if Bono is a guitarist .
I dislike the person the way he portrays - very rich but still saying he is green and left wing and blah blah ...
I dislike the sound of the Edge's guitar .
Too many effects sounds hidden under the stage.

Having said that...

I saw U2 live in Paris in 2009.
In spite /despite of my luck of enthusiasm and "préjugés" , I must confess I was blow up by his performance on stage.
The guy has "something" indeed .

He's got a great voice-and you know how much I am sensitive to voices, don't you ? smiling smiley

Honestly, I don't mind if he is that rich .
Talentued,famous, lucky ?
Proof is that U2 filled the stadium while the Stones didn't .

Once again, I dislike U2 after "Joshua Tree" & War .
Have you seen/did you watch "U2 Live at Red Rocks " ?
This was at a time (1983) when they were just moving beyond cult status and into rock superstardom .

Sway .

Posted by: tipps ()
Date: May 21, 2012 18:42

Who cares

Posted by: phd ()
Date: May 21, 2012 21:41

[www.lefigaro.fr]

He's The Boss.Apparently. Turning 90 MUSD to 1.5 BUSD.He can retire.

Date: May 21, 2012 21:54

Jah Paul

Bill Clinton warned everyone about Sadam in August 1998...Hillary did too...and so did John Kerry. And many Democrats voted in favor of the war...after years of worthless UN resolutions. And then there was that little thing called 9/11.

I know...just a bunch of facts. Believe what you will.

With due respect Jah Paul, I still don't understand the connection between Sadam and 9/11, maybe With I missed something. Seems to me the whole fear loving Senate got pulled along a line of reasoning that connected him with that horrific event somehow. Different country, different group of bad guys, same ex-President who's Daddy had a grudge to make good on.

My understanding is limited mind you but what a great opportunity 9/11 would have been to show the world that violence is NOT the answer and to really gain the love and respect of the world by being hurt, picking up our heads and moving on. Rising above it all, like we teach out children to do.

We could have sent the same damn Navy seal team to find Osama about 3 years earlier if that was the goal. But no, there were way too many people and corporations just waiting, poised to turn a tremendous profit off a new and terrible war.

The day a war in announced, there is a huge demand for all sorts of goods and services and a bit of research shows the people "in place" to meet those demands were all people in the Bush camp. That makes me sick to this day. That shock and awe crap was the end of my respect for my own countries leaders of the time. Orchestrated to highten fear and increase Presidential power. profit defense based companies and limit the personal freedoms of our own people. It will be years before we ever get back to where we were before the day we announced war on the wrong country.

In my mind those ex-leaders are criminals of the worst type and should be tried and punished for their crimes against humanity and lies to the American people. Instead we still are fighting a useless drug war with billions of dollars and watching the criminals families become richer than Bono. peace

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1217
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home