Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

The beautiful magic of Start Me Up
Posted by: MadMax ()
Date: November 7, 2020 19:44

Is there ANY song ever written in the history of mankind where ya can play a C (either in open G or standard) along with its sus4 and on another guitar play an F along with its sus2 in standard (drop to G for the g-string) and it shall sound CELESTIAL?????

What can you say? JUST PURE GENIUS.

What do you fellow IORRians think?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-11-07 19:45 by MadMax.

Re: The beautiful magic of Start Me Up
Date: November 7, 2020 19:55

If you don't play the guitar just watch and separate Keith and Ronnie and listen.

Mathijs, this one's for you, do you think Ronnie discovered this and opted to play like he does??

It is just mindblowingsmileys with beer

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: November 7, 2020 20:06

What I find remarkable is how they (or Mick?) turned a tiny little tune in G minor (titled "Never Stop") into a monster, anthemic, stadium-classic song named "Start Me Up" which is in C major.

Date: November 7, 2020 20:28

dcba
What I find remarkable is how they (or Mick?) turned a tiny little tune in G minor (titled "Never Stop") into a monster, anthemic, stadium-classic song named "Start Me Up" which is in C major.

Wow DCBA! Is "Never Stop" really in G-minor?? I only have the boot "Tattoo Too" from Rattlesnake.

SMU though is in f major innit??

I just find it so amazing that Keith plays it C-Csus4 in open G and Ronnie does the F-open g-string-F over it and it sounds so Celestial.

Every time I go through it it's like getting a glimpse of Paradise.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: November 8, 2020 04:53

MadMax
dcba

Wow DCBA! Is "Never Stop" really in G-minor?? I only have the boot "Tattoo Too" from Rattlesnake.

SMU though is in f major innit??

I just find it so amazing that Keith plays it C-Csus4 in open G and Ronnie does the F-open g-string-F over it and it sounds so Celestial.

Every time I go through it it's like getting a glimpse of Paradise.

Yes, Start Me Up is in F major. Keith plays the fourth, which in C is F. Ronnie naturally chugs on the F chord.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: November 8, 2020 05:20

dcba

What's even more remarkable is how you mistake F major for G minor and C major for... F major!

Posted by: noughties ()
Date: November 8, 2020 16:59

Do people sing this song when it`s time for a bit of singing?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1972
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home