Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: The Best Keith-Inspired Lead Guitarist Is...
Posted by: KeithNacho ()
Date: April 26, 2012 13:41

stonesdan60
Come On
I think Keith Richards inspired other artists more with his lifestyle and appearance than with his guitar playing....I do not know of any guitar-freak person inspired by Keith, rather Clapton ...

I respectfully disagree. True, many players have tried to cop his image and lifestyle, but loads of guitarists have also been influenced to try to play guitar like him even though he's not a Clapton, etc. His stuff is simple but just sounds so damn cool! I know that hearing his playing on Ya Yas at age ten is what made me want to play guitar, and my desire was much more to sound like Keith than Mick Taylor or any other technical virtuoso.

Very very easy licks and riffs, but cool as hell.

I think that every guitar player after 1970 tried to play something close to KR's soulful style. Me the first (that is my case after failing to play like Ritchie Blackmore)

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: April 26, 2012 14:20

I think that every guitar player after 1970 tried to play something close to KR's soulful style. Me the first (that is my case after failing to play like Ritchie Blackmore)

I bought my first electric guitar feb -79 (the same day as Sid Vicious was founded dead) and I was inspired by Tom Verlaine and Neil Young (idol Zappa but to hard to copy) and also Mick Ronson, Mick Taylor...I think Paul McCartney is very underrated as a inspirationsource for bassplayers...but that's me..and also Pete Townshend as a very powerful player...them two musicians Paul and Pete still inspires me...I love the Who nowadays only for the guitarwork...

2 1 2 0

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: April 26, 2012 18:08

Joe Perry
Izzy Stradlin
Slash

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1514
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home