Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Happy 48th to Exile!
Posted by: floodonthepage ()
Date: May 12, 2020 19:41

Happy 48th to the grand majesty of riches that is Exile on Main St.

I'm watching "Stones in Exile" for the first time in a good while.

Anyway, thought I'd throw a little ray of light into the void as we all miss the tour at the moment...

Re: Happy 48th to Exile!
Posted by: Paddy ()
Date: May 12, 2020 20:11

My desert island stones album. I love how it flows and each side has its own vibe.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: May 12, 2020 21:23

It was THE album of the summer of '72. I can still remember stacks of them at the record store, next to stacks of Hot Rocks. I have it on BluRay. It never fails to entertain and mystify.

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: May 12, 2020 22:06

I'm with you, Paddy....if i could only have one album on a desert island, EXILE would be it.....for a thousand reasons!

Posted by: laertisflash ()
Date: May 12, 2020 22:50

Pure perfection...

Posted by: Sighunt ()
Date: May 12, 2020 23:03

Out of the classic four (Beggars, Let It Bleed, Sticky Fingers, Exile), Exile on Main Street was always my top pick if I were stranded on a desert island! As 24FPS noted above, I also remember the thick stacks of those records at my local retail store. I was entranced and excited with the novelty of the two record set and the packaging! I just thought this release was so ahead of its time.

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: May 12, 2020 23:11

Is 48 year a milestone to celebrate? I predict Exile will live for centuries!

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: May 12, 2020 23:27

Okay lets wait another century ..
then well all get tagether and have a piss up ...

ROCKMAN

Date: May 12, 2020 23:32

Okay lets wait another century ..
then well all get tagether and have a piss up ...

Ok 2172 it is!! 200th anniversary!!!! Leave your Cartel amigos en Casa drinking smiley

Posted by: floodonthepage ()
Date: May 12, 2020 23:46

Chris Fountain
Is 48 year a milestone to celebrate? I predict Exile will live for centuries!

Yes. Especially when, as I mentioned...we're all missing the tour and might need a little ray of light.

Posted by: MileHigh ()
Date: May 13, 2020 00:10

I'm listening to Let it Loose in honour of the occasion. That guitar sound is truly amazing. Haunting, hard to define. And the backing vocals, and the amazing emotional vocal delivery by Jagger. Part of my DNA. And then the horns blast in...

Posted by: Paddy ()
Date: May 13, 2020 02:25

MileHigh
I'm listening to Let it Loose in honour of the occasion. That guitar sound is truly amazing. Haunting, hard to define. And the backing vocals, and the amazing emotional vocal delivery by Jagger. Part of my DNA. And then the horns blast in...

To my ears Let it Loose is Jaggers best vocal. I like how the song almost Leaks out from “I just want to see his face” It’s also the sound of a sex hangover. grinning smiley

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: May 13, 2020 10:44

Don't forget the 20th of "Goddess in the Doorway"

Date: May 13, 2020 10:57

Paddy
MileHigh

To my ears Let it Loose is Jaggers best vocal. I like how the song almost Leaks out from “I just want to see his face” It’s also the sound of a sex hangover. grinning smiley

Let it Loose may be their best work ever. And it fits all times!!

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: May 13, 2020 11:38

Stop Breakin Down where they dropped
the clutch and turned country blues inta rock n roll .....

Johnson woulda grinned ....

ROCKMAN

Date: May 13, 2020 11:43

This reminds of the Miami Concert in 1994 where Robert Cray joined in- I could be wrong on song. It was a televised or recorded concert.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: May 13, 2020 19:34

laertisflash
Pure perfection...

That's really a word I wouldn't use for this album. It's clumsy, shambolic, all over the place, not restrained... all this being part of its infinite charm.

I'd use "perfection" for the 3 studio album that came before, where basically not a single note on them is not necessary. These 3 have the Jagger touch (= a quest for perfection") while Exile has a "Keef hey sh!t happens, man" touch all over it.

Posted by: ab ()
Date: May 14, 2020 12:46

Chris Fountain

This reminds of the Miami Concert in 1994 where Robert Cray joined in- I could be wrong on song. It was a televised or recorded concert.

Except that the Miami performance of Stop Breakin' Down isn't very good. Nice that they tried it for the pay-per-view (now out as Voodoo Lounge Uncut), but it fell flat and they never did it again. The Exile version just grooves. Fine rhythm guitar by Jagger. They really captured a moment on that one.

Date: May 14, 2020 12:57

ab
Chris Fountain

Except that the Miami performance of Stop Breakin' Down isn't very good. Nice that they tried it for the pay-per-view (now out as Voodoo Lounge Uncut), but it fell flat and they never did it again. The Exile version just grooves. Fine rhythm guitar by Jagger. They really captured a moment on that one.

I actually saw Robert Cray when he released Strong Persuader. I t was a great concert in a 5,000 plus arena in Raleigh- That album must be recommended as one of the best ever !!!!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1412
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home