Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Saville 1969 - Jumping Jack Flash standard tuning
Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: March 1, 2012 17:25

jpasc95
I have watched this Saville JJF (from 4Reel DVD) on a big screen and I didn't see any capo on Keith guitar.

You can even see it on this bad quality youtube clip.

Mathijs

Date: March 1, 2012 17:29

Bärs
with sssoul
Bärs
with sssoul
Bärs
What's this "Saville theatre" 1969? Which city?

London - december 14th

It's painful to admit that I didn't know that they played London in december 1969.

well, since you're already in pain anyway ... here's the whole picture:
they played two shows at the Saville Theatre on the 14th, and two at the Lyceum Theatre on december 21st.

there, that wasn't so bad, was it? i won't tell anyone you didn't know all along :E

Thank you. I'm actually proud that I had the guts to put my ignorance out in public (like anyone would give a shit.

Anyway, it's great to know that there is much more to learn when one gets more time to indulge in trivia.

A bit more trivia -the pictures on the back cover of Ya Ya's are from the Lyceum show. It's the show where quite some pics are from, recognized by a large poster of the Queen hanging above Charlie. More trivia -the actually planned to play the Coloseum in Rome and shoot a film. There's a famous review from a newspaper of that show, even though it never happened.

Mathijs

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: March 1, 2012 17:38

Yah might want to revise some of that post...

Date: March 1, 2012 18:02

His Majesty
Yah might want to revise some of that post...

Sure. If I recall correctly, it is the B&W pics of Jagger and Wyman in the top, the coloured Jagger in the middle, and Richards and Taylor on the right. The Taylor on the left is during rehearsals at Steve Stills place, rest I don't know.

Mathijs

Date: March 1, 2012 18:34

I think only the black & white Keith pic and the Taylor pic below it is from UK shows.

The black & white Jagger pic is from Ft. Collins, Colorado.
[www.sfae.com]

... middle colour of Jagger possibly from West Palm Beach Festival.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2012-03-01 18:59 by His Majesty.

Posted by: pmk251 ()
Date: March 1, 2012 19:07

Whew! Jagger's performance is breathtaking! You get the feeling he thinks the band is playing a half a beat slower than he wants and he urges the band on at a couple points. I'd say he felt like singing THAT night!

Date: March 1, 2012 19:25

A couple of articles from the time mention that the audience was a bit luke warm at one or a few of these shows, that might have something to do with Jagger's extra bite.

They all sound fired up. hot smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-03-01 19:27 by His Majesty.

Posted by: pmk251 ()
Date: March 1, 2012 19:40

The '69 shows were rather short and low key affairs. There was a sharp opening and a big finish, but in between were blues, medium tempo songs and songs that had not been heard before. I believe there are a number of recordings where Jagger chides the crowd for its inactivity. As I left the Forum in the wee morning hours of what was then Nov. 9, I remember thinking that I thought it would be more exciting, but I still felt like I saw something historic nonetheless. In retrospect I think that that was the beauty and charm of that tour. By '72 the band knew what worked and as glorious as it was that tour was a different beast. In '69 the audiences did not exactly know what they were going to see. In '72 they were ready and the band delivered.

Date: March 1, 2012 19:59

I mean't the UK gigs specifically. They didn't have the same killer opening acts as they did during US tour. Instead they had Mighty Baby, Shakin' Stevens and the Sunsets and a few others. grinning smiley

Quote from Mick about shows at Saville Theatre.

"The last show was full of trendy hippies amd swingers. The first show was a bore; it was full of fu**ing journalists."

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-03-01 20:08 by His Majesty.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1637
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home