Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT: Joni Mitchell discusses her new book
Posted by: dmay ()
Date: October 16, 2019 18:47

For you Joni fans...and everyone else. I'll be looking for this at my local book seller (yes, there is more than Amazon for books). She's still a great listen, IMHO.

[www.newyorker.com]

Re: OT: Joni Mitchell discusses her new book
Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: October 16, 2019 20:31

I love Joni and consider her a mega-star, a true artist. I listened to BLUE so many times in the 70's I can still sing ( poorly!) every line, it's the best poetry of our time. Can't wait to read this book!!thumbs up

Date: October 16, 2019 21:29

dmay
For you Joni fans...and everyone else. I'll be looking for this at my local book seller (yes, there is more than Amazon for books). She's still a great listen, IMHO.

[www.newyorker.com]

thumbs up

Posted by: doitywoik ()
Date: October 18, 2019 04:45

Didn't she suffer a stroke a few years back? Sounds like she has somewhat recovered.

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: October 18, 2019 14:42

legend....her kind don't come around too often.

Posted by: Bliss ()
Date: October 20, 2019 07:57

I loved her early work, especially her first album. Joni was a great artist but she has ruined her legacy for the time being by her caustic bitterness at other artists, and the relative lack of recognition she received compared to Dylan and Leonard Cohen. I think that may change after she dies.

She also claims to suffer from a disease called Morgellon's, which, IF REAL, is absolutely horrific. Google the images and your hair will stand on end. However, psychiatrists say that it is a delusion, a mental illness.

She has chainsmoked since the age of NINE and destroyed her three octave voice.

She had affairs with just about every top rock musician of the 1970s; no one in the Stones however.

She was said to be a diva extraordinaire.

I will be interested to hear about this book.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1842
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home