Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Never-before-seen photos after 56 year in new exhibition, London
Posted by: Lien ()
Date: September 22, 2019 11:45

Never-before-seen black and white photographs of the Rolling Stones are unearthed after 56 years and will go on display in new exhibition
The images are set to go on display at the Curtain Hotel in Shoreditch, curated by the Zebra One Gallery

The images are set to go on display at the Curtain Hotel in Shoreditch, curated by the Zebra One Gallery
They show the band in a studio before their first big UK tour in which they supported the Everly Brothers
The captivating photographs also show Mick Jagger relaxing backstage with a cigarette

[www.dailymail.co.uk]

Re: Never-before-seen photos after 56 year in new exhibition, London
Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: September 22, 2019 12:37

look like Gus Coral shots ???? ……..

ROCKMAN

Posted by: georgie48 ()
Date: September 22, 2019 13:32

Rockman

You're absolutely right, Rockman.
1963, The Rolling Stones, black and white blues. A great little book covering two concerts with Little Richard and Bo Diddley as well as October 1963 De La Lea studio photos (recording I wanna be your man).
I love the remarks on one photo where you see the Stones adding up their pocket money to pay a taxi: "Okay, Bill's got a few pence. Brian, c'mon, we need a little more. No, Keith doesn't have any. Of course Keith doesn't have any. Keith never has any".
For sure Keith must have had a big smile on his face reading it so many years later winking smiley
So "never seen before photos" ?????
smileys with beer

Posted by: CaptainCorella ()
Date: September 22, 2019 15:13

georgie48
Rockman

You're absolutely right, Rockman.
1963, The Rolling Stones, black and white blues. A great little book covering two concerts with Little Richard and Bo Diddley as well as October 1963 De La Lea studio photos (recording I wanna be your man).
I love the remarks on one photo where you see the Stones adding up their pocket money to pay a taxi: "Okay, Bill's got a few pence. Brian, c'mon, we need a little more. No, Keith doesn't have any. Of course Keith doesn't have any. Keith never has any".
For sure Keith must have had a big smile on his face reading it so many years later winking smiley
So "never seen before photos" ?????
smileys with beer

We all know that the Daily Mail has no touch with reality. Every single one of these 'never before seen in public' photos is in the book mentioned.

The book really is one of the very very very best of books.

(Small caveat.... the Mail may have taken the lead from something put out by the Gallery, and even I'd forgive a Mail reporter for not knowing about this book from 1995. Mind you there's no mention of any of this on the Gallery's web site which complicates this a bit.)

May be worth watching the Gallery's web site, and if they turn out advertising an exhibition of 'previously unseen' photo's blow the whistle on them somehow.

--
Captain Corella
60 Years a Fan

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-09-22 15:24 by CaptainCorella.

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: September 22, 2019 18:55

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-09-26 21:11 by Edison.

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: September 22, 2019 19:39

I remember the 1963 tour. First time I saw The Stones...at Bradford Gaumont. They were on 10 to 15 minutes. The Everlys were top of the bill but it was The Stones that most people wanted to see.I had gone to see Don and Phil who were my favourites at the time. Amazing to think in hindsight, their glory days were nearly over (drugs and bickering between the two).
Sounds familiar,eh?!

By the was for all we bitch about the Daily Smail...its political views and poor proof reading etc it does at least feature the group and its musicians regularly. For most of the other papers in the UK they really are old news.

Date: September 22, 2019 19:42

His Majesty
The never seen part is probably more to do with the Alec Byrne photos which are shown in the video at the bottom.

You're right HM, most of those Byrne photos are new to me, but having said that, the title of the DM article talked about "after 56 years". The video at the very end then mentions 50 years, which makes full sence for Byrne's material of course. Ah, who cares about misleading article titles winking smiley

smileys with beer

Posted by: CaptainCorella ()
Date: September 23, 2019 01:54

georgie48
His Majesty
The never seen part is probably more to do with the Alec Byrne photos which are shown in the video at the bottom.

You're right HM, most of those Byrne photos are new to me, but having said that, the title of the DM article talked about "after 56 years". The video at the very end then mentions 50 years, which makes full sence for Byrne's material of course. Ah, who cares about misleading article titles winking smiley

smileys with beer

See the video at [videos.dailymail.co.uk]

Typical frigging Daily Mail - illustrate an article about one thing with photos from a totally different source.

Unusual in that it actually does seem to be a Daily Fail exclusive and not something 'borrowed' from another news source.

--
Captain Corella
60 Years a Fan

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: September 23, 2019 02:41

There must be thousands and thousands of images in private collection we never saw before...I remember the shot below with a lot of photographs taken shots ...........

Date: September 23, 2019 13:21

NICOS
There must be thousands and thousands of images in private collection we never saw before...I remember the shot below with a lot of photographs taken shots ...........

Date: September 23, 2019 13:29

NICOS

Indeed. At the time of shooting those photos the photographers shot lots of them and picked the best ones to try and sell them to newspapers and magazines. So that's why we recognise them. Half a Century later some try to again make money out of the remaining poorer photos "because now they are historical" grinning smiley
You can't blame them though, because with all those high quality smart phones and tablets around life for the average professional photographer is not so glossy anymore.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2035
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home