Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Floor seating question..
Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: August 8, 2019 22:01

Has anyone "sat" in the seats directly in front of the "b-stage" this tour?
Meaning "front row" so to speak. There, or in the front row in front of the pit etc.?

Leaning against the back rail of the pit in NJ, I overheard serious arguments behind me as to who had the "right" to stand up against the rail from the other side.. "Where are your seats??" shouted loudly followed by expletives, more arguing and more expletives etc. Ushers didn't get involved I don't believe, but it got me wondering who really does have a "right" to that floor space in front of the first row of seats, and if there's a definitive answer to the question.

I could probably debate both sides of this issue, but ultimately it seems to me that if you buy "front row" seats, it should be "front row" with no one standing between you and the stage/fence etc. Presumably, anyone standing in front of you also has paid for a seat on the floor as otherwise they wouldn't legally be in the section, and that they are also only entitled to the floor section directly in front of their seat. Know this has been discussed before, I am currently looking at options for a couple more shows and would love to snag the front row in front of the B-stage, but would be pisssed if I had to battle for the floor space in front of my seat as I overheard in NJ. Anyone have direct experience with this?

Re: Floor seating question..
Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: August 8, 2019 23:15

I guess I have not noticed people standing between the fenced pit and the seats.
Seemed like the ushers move people along - but maybe that varies by the venue. I
can’t speak for the very front of the B-stage but if people are allowed to stand there it sure would be bad for those who have seat. Now I have noticed there is a small roped off area between the B stage and the fence for the pit. People are brought into it, primarily female, and I will say they all are very attractive. So I’m guessing this may be the requirement for that section - rough life that
rock star stuff.

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: August 8, 2019 23:38

If I get the floor seats with Lucky Dip Tickets, I will not bring my pet giraffe. spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: cyclist ()
Date: August 8, 2019 23:49

MisterDDDD

Leaning against the back rail of the pit in NJ, I overheard serious arguments behind me as to who had the "right" to stand up against the rail from the other side.. "Where are your seats??" shouted loudly followed by expletives, more arguing and more expletives etc. Ushers didn't get involved I don't believe, but it got me wondering who really does have a "right" to that floor space in front of the first row of seats, and if there's a definitive answer to the question.

I was leaning against the back rail in pit 2 in NJ. People were given wrist bands that had the word "golden" or something. I believe they were handed out randomly. During the B stage songs, security brought them around in front of the stage. It was a little unclear.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: August 9, 2019 01:08

If I had front row seats behind Pit, and someone entered "my territory" between the seat and the rail, there would probably be trouble - and I'm not talking about a solo song from Keith. winking smiley
I would never do that to anyone, though I might squeeze somewhere in the aisle standing between sections if everyone else is standing!

Date: August 9, 2019 01:46

Hairball
If I had front row seats behind Pit, and someone entered "my territory" between the seat and the rail, there would probably be trouble - and I'm not talking about a solo song from Keith. winking smiley
I would never do that to anyone, though I might squeeze somewhere in the aisle standing between sections if everyone else is standing!

smileys with beer
Don't doubt that for a second Hairball cool smiley
I feel the same, but tough to protect that sacred ground, as there is a larger gap there typically. Aisles and other neutral areas are fair game, but the front row seats should be just that.. front row! Ushers should do their jobs in these areas imo.

Date: August 9, 2019 01:51

cyclist

I was leaning against the back rail in pit 2 in NJ. People were given wrist bands that had the word "golden" or something. I believe they were handed out randomly. During the B stage songs, security brought them around in front of the stage. It was a little unclear.

Yeah, I had a run-in in Chicago with people who had the "Friends & Family" VIP passes. It allowed them to move from Pit to a small VIP area by the catwalk right behind the Pit. Literally was assaulted by a group of them as they drunkenly decided to make their way back to the Pit spots they had abandoned hours earlier.
With friends like these... winking smiley

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: August 9, 2019 01:55

I'll be sitting in the Bleacher Seats! I'm a Bleacher Bum and always will be. Gotta be round real.

thumbs up

Posted by: nick ()
Date: August 9, 2019 03:01

A good beer or even better soda shower is a good equalizer.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1643
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home