Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Alright, Is it just my imagination (parden the pun), but does Time Is On My Side from Hampton sound like it had cosmetic surgery?
Date: February 5, 2012 00:23

Naturalust
WeLoveToPlayTheBlues

You're complaining about this release or all live releases that have overdubs?.

Every single one, thanks for asking.

Hey, to be fair, you did not specify that one! That was a serious question.

Naturalust
Live tracks are different art form than studio produced music imho and I think that this sort of post production replacement of vocals really spoils the whole brew. Mick, if ya don't like what you played, mix it down, pick another track something. But don't sell your loyal fans a live perfomance record that obviously isn't. That's sleazy, like something Alan Klein would have done.

Whats next? Pre-recorded vocals playing from tape machines hidden under the stage?

WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
Pre-recorded? ALL recordings are done BEFORE listening. In this case ALL albums are pre-recorded. Otherwise how would one hear a recording before it's recorded?

Obviously I meant recorded prior to the "live" performance. Your logic is better suited for juries and judges.

I was being clear. Just making sure. Pet peeve.

Naturalust
WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
Besides, they don't use tape machines anymore. It's all digital.

Of course, digital tape machines possibly. Didn't you know all digital is not recorded to hard disks?

The digital tapes that I have used were ADATs, which are from my understanding, outdated and pointless. DATs, however, are still being used but only for demo, roughs and mastering work. Aside from that, it's probably all Pro Tools.

Re: Alright, Is it just my imagination (parden the pun), but does Time Is On My Side from Hampton sound like it had cosmetic surgery?
Posted by: ghostryder13 ()
Date: February 5, 2012 11:21

studio overdubs for music recorded live is nothing new and plenty of artists before and after the stones have done it.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1331
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home