Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: What American City Has Most Enthusiastic Stones Fans?
Posted by: chelskeith ()
Date: January 15, 2012 17:39

The fastest sellout on the No Security tour was Sacramento and it was so fast they had to scramble and add a second show as they had so many people still in line ready to buy, so they told everyone to wait and then a second show a few nights later was added, and i was told it was also one if the fastest sellouts- both 15k arena shows.

Best audiences I've seen have been in SF, but I've never seem an MSG show in NYC so I dont count.

All shows I've seen in Europe had more passionate fans, but I think people are more passionate there period.

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: January 15, 2012 17:42

Ive been all over the eastern half of the USA seeing Stones shows. St. Louis tops them all.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: January 15, 2012 17:53

Obviously Butte, Montana; the fans are hot there... cos they have yet to see the boyz play in their town! >grinning smiley<

Date: January 15, 2012 17:58

Chicago has the LAZIEST Stones fans on the planet.

Trust me.

Posted by: ryanpow ()
Date: January 15, 2012 18:07

noughties

Most casual: Cleveland (ah, all those corporate people in suits...)

That's surprising. Ive never been there but I've always thought of that as a very working class kind of town. and a place where people like R n R. that's where the hall of fame is.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-01-15 18:38 by ryanpow.

Posted by: Jelly Face Joe ()
Date: January 15, 2012 18:11

Philly. Unlike the snobs from NYC - they are real people from a dirty, gritty town that echoes the dirty, gritty sound of the Stones.

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: January 15, 2012 18:26

I've seen the Stones across the USA. No city doesn't love them...that I'm aware of.

Los Angeles certainly ranks up there with New York and Chicago as a Stones American home base. From the beginning.

Date: January 15, 2012 18:34

I was in the B section opening Babylon night in Chicago, after the bang Keith came out and no one stood up.

I stood up but sat back down since they were people behind me.

Quiet night throughout...

Guess we were just sitting there soaking it all in.

I guess.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-01-15 18:39 by steel driving hammer.

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: January 15, 2012 18:40

steel driving hammer
I was in the B section opening Babylon night in Chicago, after the bang Keith came out and no one stood up.

a seating ovation for the band

Posted by: MKjan ()
Date: January 15, 2012 19:45

The Philadelphia crowd could be tops.

Posted by: microvibe ()
Date: January 15, 2012 19:57

boston,philly,ny.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: January 15, 2012 20:19

Nashville,TN followed by LA, CA then Austin TX.

Detroit or New York or Philly for the crazy fockers. peace.

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: January 15, 2012 20:24

San Francisco. Next question.

Posted by: Title5Take1 ()
Date: January 15, 2012 20:40

Often the dullest cities will have the most enthusiastic sports fans. Because their football team (or whatever sport) is one of the few interests they have. (Like L.A. could care less that they don't have a football team—which they haven't had in years—because there's a lot else going on.) I wonder if there's a similar correlation between cities and fervor for bands. Might not be, though.

Posted by: thewatchman ()
Date: January 15, 2012 20:51

Title5Take1
Often the dullest cities will have the most enthusiastic sports fans. Because their football team (or whatever sport) is one of the few interests they have. (Like L.A. could care less that they don't have a football team—which they haven't had in years—because there's a lot else going on.) I wonder if there's a similar correlation between cities and fervor for bands. Might not be, though.

Interesting comments. I would think the Green Bay Packers are a good example of what you are speaking of here. Augusta, Georgia has the Masters golf tournament once a year but must be a pretty quiet place the rest of the year I suspect. Makes sense that there would be a great deal of enthusiasm for the Stones in places where not much is going on most of the time. I heard that the Stones were very well received in Montana on the last tour.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: January 16, 2012 01:05

thewatchman
Title5Take1

Interesting comments. I would think the Green Bay Packers are a good example of what you are speaking of here. Augusta, Georgia has the Masters golf tournament once a year but must be a pretty quiet place the rest of the year I suspect. Makes sense that there would be a great deal of enthusiasm for the Stones in places where not much is going on most of the time. I heard that the Stones were very well received in Montana on the last tour.

More goin on in Missoula Montana these days than LA, unfortunately. Musically that place has one of the best record stores in the USA, it's HUGE and great called Rockin Rudy's...an old converted bread factory. He's got a whole section devoted to the Stones, boots galore. More than anyplace I've ever seen. Beautiful healthy granola chicks everywhere you look... careful there watchman. I get the feeling you've never been. peace.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: January 16, 2012 01:11

Bakersfield?

Posted by: scottkeef ()
Date: January 16, 2012 01:13

FT WORTH!!! Of course ever sense that debaucle at Texas Motor Speedway ( I blame that on the promoters-dont know WHAT they were thinking) the band has stayed away. And Dallas dont count in my book...FW is still a better town for fans. FW has REAL fans, Dallas fans spend too much time trying to impress each other. In 05 the woman behind me spent all of her time on the phone "Oh, yeah we're at the Stones concert"....

Posted by: ab ()
Date: January 16, 2012 08:39

Whatever city they're playing in on a particular night.

Related question: After a Stones show in Philly, might one get beaten unconscious at Geno's for wearing a Beatles shirt? Given the tremendous insecurity that some Stones fans feel about the Beatles and the way some sports fans in that city behave, I wouldn't be surprised. Read on.
[www.courierpostonline.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-01-16 08:42 by ab.

Date: January 16, 2012 13:39

ab

there's been no enthusiasm for a very long time, then.

Date: January 16, 2012 14:07

StonesTod
ab

Are you kidding me. When the Stones take the B Stage it's like the British invasion all over again. I guess you havn't seen The Stones live.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-01-16 17:04 by More Hot Rocks.

Date: January 16, 2012 14:23

More Hot Rocks
StonesTod
ab

Are you kidding me. When the Stones take the B Stage it's like the American invasion all over again. I guess you havn't seen The Stones live.

sounds like i've missed quite a fuss...but i thought it was the british invasion?

Date: January 16, 2012 17:05

StonesTod
More Hot Rocks
StonesTod
ab

Are you kidding me. When the Stones take the B Stage it's like the American invasion all over again. I guess you havn't seen The Stones live.

sounds like i've missed quite a fuss...but i thought it was the british invasion?

Haven't had my coffee yet.

Posted by: Jah Paul ()
Date: January 16, 2012 20:40

MKjan

Posted by: MKjan ()
Date: January 16, 2012 21:08

Jah Paul
MKjan

smileys with beer

Posted by: mr_dja ()
Date: January 16, 2012 21:53

Rockman
.....Dogpatch Kentucky

Never thought I'd see my ancestorial home mentioned on IORR...

NOT surprised that it would be Rockman to come up with a reference...

Really surprised that no one has brought up Boulder, Colorado; Rock City, TN; Stone Mtn, GA; or any number of other towns that have similar names.

Peace,
Mr DJA

Date: January 16, 2012 22:07

I hear mixed reports on NYC. Most of the time I hear they are quiet.

Posted by: donvis ()
Date: January 16, 2012 22:37

Some of the Chicago shows in the A Bigger Band Tour showed soft ticket sales.

Posted by: Carnaby ()
Date: January 16, 2012 22:41

New York City. It has always been like that, even on the first two tours when the rest of the country wasn't "getting" it.

Posted by: thewatchman ()
Date: January 17, 2012 00:30

Naturalust
thewatchman
Title5Take1

More goin on in Missoula Montana these days than LA, unfortunately. Musically that place has one of the best record stores in the USA, it's HUGE and great called Rockin Rudy's...an old converted bread factory. He's got a whole section devoted to the Stones, boots galore. More than anyplace I've ever seen. Beautiful healthy granola chicks everywhere you look... careful there watchman. I get the feeling you've never been. peace.

It's true I haven't been to Montana since I was a kid. The summer of 1963. My grandparents and dad were from East Helena. Nice to hear what is going on in Missoula. Absolutely beautiful state.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2071
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home