Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4
Re: Three Simple Yes/No Questions For All Hardcore Rolling Stones Fans
Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: January 17, 2012 02:51

mickscarey
thewatchman
Looking for a simple YES or NO to the following questions.

#1. If you were given the choice of whether the Stones be recognized as the greatest rock 'n roll band of all time or the Beatles would you choose the Stones?

Please understand I am not asking (nor am I interested) in whether you consider that title important, silly, meaningless, mythical, non existent, or whatever. Just if you had to choose between one or the other, which (Stones or Beatles) would you prefer to have that title attached to.

#2. If you preferred the Stones, would you accept a free T-Shirt as a gift with a concert ticket? It would proclaim: The Rolling Stones 50 Years 1962 - 2012: The Greatest Rock 'N Roll Band Of All Time.

#3. Would you wear this T-Shirt in public and at Rolling Stones concerts you attend?

This is silly.
The beatels were not even a rock band.
Please, just a simple Yes or No.

Well they probably weren't a R&R but they started as a r&r band and ended as a rock&roll band

Posted by: Big Ed ()
Date: January 17, 2012 05:25

3 yups

Posted by: chelskeith ()
Date: January 17, 2012 05:44

yes x3

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: January 17, 2012 06:01

Thank you Gazza.
Sometimes The Watchman makes me feel that I am surely losing my mind.

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: January 17, 2012 19:08

1. Yes
2. Yes
3. Yes

Posted by: memphiscats ()
Date: January 17, 2012 19:41

YES, YES, and YES

Posted by: thewatchman ()
Date: January 17, 2012 23:31

mickscarey
thewatchman

#1. If you were given the choice of whether the Stones be recognized as the greatest rock 'n roll band of all time or the Beatles would you choose the Stones?

Please understand I am not asking (nor am I interested) in whether you consider that title important, silly, meaningless, mythical, non existent, or whatever. Just if you had to choose between one or the other, which (Stones or Beatles) would you prefer to have that title attached to.

#2. If you preferred the Stones, would you accept a free T-Shirt as a gift with a concert ticket? It would proclaim: The Rolling Stones 50 Years 1962 - 2012: The Greatest Rock 'N Roll Band Of All Time.

#3. Would you wear this T-Shirt in public and at Rolling Stones concerts you attend?

This is silly.

Well, they rocked didn't they?

Date: January 17, 2012 23:35

stonesrule
Thank you Gazza.
Sometimes The Watchman makes me feel that I am surely losing my mind.

Sorry, I take full responsibility.smiling smiley

Date: January 17, 2012 23:39

thewatchman
mickscarey
thewatchman

This is silly.

Well, they rocked didn't they?

Seriously, (but not too seriously) there is no need for you as a fan of the Rolling Stones to be so insecure and threatened by the Beatles. They were great. They rocked.

Date: January 18, 2012 01:27

thewatchman
Erik_Snow
There should be a law against these Beatles vs Stones polls, not only here on IORR, but in all media channels. It's so unoriginal and uninteresting. There was just some teen-fans in the 60s who made a deal about having a favourite among the 2. After that - who really cares?

With all due respect you (and others that think like you) need to wake up and come to the realization that "greatest" debates are not only common but quite popular among people all over the world. And not just in rock 'n roll. Having said that, they should never be taken too seriously. Whenever you have two or more great performers in anything you will have these debates. For crying out loud people debate (and even vote) on which commercial during the Super Bowl is the best. This is rock 'n roll! Let's have some fun with it!

Just because you're wherever does not mean it's "all over the world". That's a hugely broad statement that is entirely false.

Date: January 18, 2012 01:32

The Beatles were/are a rock'n'roll band. Anyone that thinks otherwise is plain ol' ignorant a mickscarey.

Date: January 18, 2012 02:34

WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
thewatchman
Erik_Snow
There should be a law against these Beatles vs Stones polls, not only here on IORR, but in all media channels. It's so unoriginal and uninteresting. There was just some teen-fans in the 60s who made a deal about having a favourite among the 2. After that - who really cares?

With all due respect you (and others that think like you) need to wake up and come to the realization that "greatest" debates are not only common but quite popular among people all over the world. And not just in rock 'n roll. Having said that, they should never be taken too seriously. Whenever you have two or more great performers in anything you will have these debates. For crying out loud people debate (and even vote) on which commercial during the Super Bowl is the best. This is rock 'n roll! Let's have some fun with it!

Just because you're wherever does not mean it's "all over the world". That's a hugely broad statement that is entirely false.

Try not to take things so literal, lad. smiling smiley

Goto Page: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1301
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home