Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

How's THIS for a Stones related piece of coincidence ?
Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: January 8, 2019 17:41

So, it's Monday 7th January 2019, and I'm up at HM Passport Office in Eccleston Square, London - to renew my UK passport !

There's 50 or so service counters up there at the Passport Office. I'm standing at one in particular, talking to the guy there who is dealing with my passport renewal, and suddenly the guy on the adjacent counter says to me ... "do I know you" ?

My initial response was to say "er ... don't think so, never seen you before in my life". But he then went on to say ... "I'm sure I've seen you somewhere before. Do you by any chance ever post messages on a message board" ?

(Like er ... "IORR" ... he went to say) !!??

When they say "it's a small world sometimes" ... they're not kidding !! The person I was speaking to was Big Al, a regular poster on this board !!

Talk about bloody coincidence !! grinning smiley In London, a city of 8.2m odd people !!

Long live the Rolling Stones !! hot smiley

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Re: How's THIS for a Stones related piece of coincidence ?
Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: January 8, 2019 18:32

The amount of questions I was asked after you left! ‘Who was that?’, ‘What’s a message board’ and ‘why are you busy chatting to someone else’s applicant instead of seeing your own? Don’t you know you’re paid to work??’ Okay; the last quote is fictitious! Great to make you acquaintance, paulywaul
smiling smiley

Date: January 8, 2019 19:18

That's hilarious......my office looks into the back of the passport office - could have waved to ya had I known!

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: January 8, 2019 21:10

thumbs up

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: January 8, 2019 21:20

A lovely IORR lurker worked at the hotel I stayed at in Southampton last year. Their reservation system was down and he facilitated my check in. We’re everywhere!

Posted by: rollmops ()
Date: January 8, 2019 22:09

At a Stones show in DC in 2013, I was in the pit and a guy next to me asked me if I posted on IORR; I told him yes and gave my iorr's name. We shook hands and his iorr name was Winter if I remember well. That was cool!.
Rockandroll,
Mops

Date: January 8, 2019 22:15

Big Al
The amount of questions I was asked after you left! ‘Who was that?’, ‘What’s a message board’ and ‘why are you busy chatting to someone else’s applicant instead of seeing your own? Don’t you know you’re paid to work??’ Okay; the last quote is fictitious! Great to make you acquaintance, paulywaul
smiling smiley

grinning smiley grinning smiley grinning smiley

Great to meet you too ... thumbs up

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: January 9, 2019 00:02

That just plain rocks!

Posted by: peoplewitheyes ()
Date: January 9, 2019 01:19

How on earth did you know it was him?! Is paulywall his given name?

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: January 9, 2019 10:36

Cool story

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Date: January 9, 2019 11:11

Manofwealthandtaste
That's hilarious......my office looks into the back of the passport office - could have waved to ya had I known!

grinning smiley grinning smiley grinning smiley

There's no hiding anywhere in the world if you're an RS fan ... that would appear to be the moral of the story !!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2184
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home