Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

O/T: Dean Ford passes.
Posted by: ROLLINGSTONE ()
Date: January 3, 2019 00:50

Dean Ford, lead singer of the Scottish group Marmalade, has died at the age of 72.
The band, from Glasgow, were best known for reaching number one in 1969 with their cover version of The Beatles "Ob-la-di Ob-la-da".
They had another 10 singles, including "Reflections of My Life" and "Rainbow", both of which Ford wrote.
On Facebook his daughter called him "an amazing man, a gentle soul and extremely talented musician".
Born Thomas McAleese in Coatbridge, Lanarkshire, Ford co-founded Marmalade first known as The Gaylords, in Glasgow in 1961.

Hendrix praise:
Their song I See The Rain was praised by Jimi Hendrix as the "best cut of 1967".
The band went on to become the first Scottish band to have a UK number one hit. To celebrate they appeared on Top of the Pops wearing kilts.
Later that year "Reflections of My Life" made it into the top 10 on both sides of the Atlantic.
The band toured with The Who, duetted with Bobbie Gentry and had six top 10 singles, before Ford quit the band in 1975.
He moved to Los Angeles and became a limousine driver for Michael Jackson and Bob Dylan.
He continued recording and two months ago he released a 30-track album called "My Scottish Heart".

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2019-01-03 00:52 by ROLLINGSTONE.

Re: O/T: Dean Ford passes.
Posted by: buttons67 ()
Date: January 3, 2019 01:11

didnt they have a complete change of set up. they always done butlins back in the 90,s and i think the singer was called sandy, no sure though.

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: January 3, 2019 17:44

Hendrix is right about there tune great guitar intro
[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: January 3, 2019 20:56

sorry I can think of a few better songs from 67, jimi must have been high.

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: January 4, 2019 02:45

I love Reflections Of My Life. A great ballad with a psychedelic backwards guitar lead! How cool. Great voice RIP

Posted by: pt99 ()
Date: January 5, 2019 02:46

who?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1879
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home