Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT Mott The Hoople "Class of 74" UK Tour tickets on sale now (US dates to follow)
Posted by: johnnythunders ()
Date: November 16, 2018 14:18

Info here [mottthehoople.com]

We will be at Shepherds Bush on April 27 for a Saturday Gig, altho' tickets for the fantasy now considerably more than 12/6 a time...

Re: OT Mott The Hoople "Class of 74" UK Tour tickets on sale now (US dates to follow)
Posted by: teleblaster ()
Date: November 16, 2018 15:48

Got my tickets for the Glasgow show this morning. Having to cut short a holiday to attend, which did not greatly please Lady Teleblaster, but couldn't miss this one. The last tour had the wrong venue. The Barrowlands isn't seated and should be perfect. Hard to believe Ian Hunter will be a couple of months any of his 80th by the time of the gigs.

Re: OT Mott The Hoople "Class of 74" UK Tour tickets on sale now (US dates to follow)
Posted by: loog droog ()
Date: November 16, 2018 17:08

Mott The Hoople in the U.S.?

YES!!

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: November 16, 2018 17:12

Makes sense that they would tour the US NOW that its not the original lineup. Not bitter. Just saying. I'm an Ariel fan, but wish they came over with the other guys one of the last few times. I get how it wasn't financially feasible though.

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: November 16, 2018 17:39

RollingFreak
Makes sense that they would tour the US NOW that its not the original lineup. Not bitter. Just saying. I'm an Ariel fan, but wish they came over with the other guys one of the last few times. I get how it wasn't financially feasible though.

Well at least the circa 1974 songs will be from Mott and The Hoople Albums and maybe Live and All the Young Dudes albums. Maybe they will play Angeline. Hopefully, for the sake of the tour the sound will emulate related album sounds.

Jeff Lynne (ELO -Trav. Wilburys) has done it with a different but very talented lineup. Their Wembley concert from 2017 which has been on various Showtime channels for a couple months is a good example.

If that is the case with the Ian Hunter lineup, may be a very enjoyable concert.

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: November 16, 2018 17:51

Chris Fountain
RollingFreak

Well at least the circa 1974 songs will be from Mott and The Hoople Albums and maybe Live and All the Young Dudes albums. Maybe they will play Angeline. Hopefully, for the sake of the tour the sound will emulate related album sounds.

Jeff Lynne (ELO -Trav. Wilburys) has done it with a different but very talented lineup. Their Wembley concert from 2017 which has been on various Showtime channels for a couple months is a good example.

If that is the case with the Ian Hunter lineup, may be a very enjoyable concert.

Yeah but Jeff Lynne always WAS ELO. Mott The Hoople was a band, then kinda limped along in a different lineup. With some decent results mind you, that lineup had some good songs. But it was different. I totally get why this makes sense, and I would definitely see it in the US (although I have no idea where they'd play, theaters?). I just wish that original lineup made it to the States. They are a very unique unit and I really wanted to see them back together. I should have made the UK trip. Would be nice to hear some of those later albums.

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: November 16, 2018 18:01

RollingFreak
Chris Fountain
RollingFreak

Yeah but Jeff Lynne always WAS ELO. Mott The Hoople was a band, then kinda limped along in a different lineup. With some decent results mind you, that lineup had some good songs. But it was different. I totally get why this makes sense, and I would definitely see it in the US (although I have no idea where they'd play, theaters?). I just wish that original lineup made it to the States. They are a very unique unit and I really wanted to see them back together. I should have made the UK trip. Would be nice to hear some of those later albums.

Info from ulimatimateclassicrock.com

"Ian Hunter is getting the band back together, as Mott the Hoople prepare to headline a huge U.K. festival. He'll be joined by guitarist Ariel Bender and keyboardist Morgan Fisher, who were '70s-era members of the group.

"Both toured extensively with Mott and both were featured heavily of The Hoople album after Mick Ralphs and Verden Allen left the band," Hunter said in a news release. "I know many people were disappointed when neither appeared on the 2009 and 2013 get-togethers. Hope this makes up for it!"

I missed this group in concert during that era because I was in my early teens and ....however, I managed to catch Rod Stewart and the Faces circa 1974.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-11-16 18:04 by Chris Fountain.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2498
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home