Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Mick embraces the Age of Aquarius
Posted by: dmay ()
Date: November 1, 2018 04:30

Came across this. I wonder how much he still thinks or sees the world this way now.

Re: Mick embraces the Age of Aquarius
Posted by: 35love ()
Date: November 1, 2018 05:07

Sexier than Elvis. ^ that picture, if I compared. Just saying. And, okay to whatever he said. I did read it. But the lips and glasses...
(sorry, I’ve been reading a LOT about Elvis)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-11-01 05:08 by 35love.

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: November 1, 2018 13:30

I think Mick has said on more than one occasion that he feels embarassed about some of the things he said in the 1960's.
Perhaps that's why he is so reticent to talk about non musical matters these days.

Posted by: georgie48 ()
Date: November 1, 2018 14:10

jlowe
I think Mick has said on more than one occasion that he feels embarassed about some of the things he said in the 1960's.
Perhaps that's why he is so reticent to talk about non musical matters these days.

I agree. He did say that quite a few times. I'm sure he doesn't want to read that interview ever again. But how about us? I can easily admit that I said (or even did) things in my (much) younger days I would or could feel embarased about. But that's the dilemma of life. At one time you're young and then comes this "nasty" thing over the decades following and it's called "experience". Very, very useful, but .... it, at the same time, destroys the beauty of youth.
But there is one thing that happened to me almost 55 years ago: I discovered the Rolling Stones. And despite all the experience I added to my life, it was one of the greatest discoveries I made, because it filled all those decades with enormous joy (Thanks guys for "staying with me" all those decades) smileys with beer

Date: November 1, 2018 15:39

The Sun & The Moon & The Rolling Stones by Rich Cohen

Mr. Cohen says he skipped quoting anything Mick said in his 20’s.

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: November 1, 2018 15:57

Astrologically, it is the start of the age of Aquarius, (whether one believes in the relevance of that is another issue .....and there have already been some very important events,

ie. the discovery of nuclear power, the discovery of the (destructive) potential of AI and climate change..................the question is, will one of these 'do' for mankind? ......I'd say those are pretty important events........

Maybe he's embarrassed that he was saying these things, as they sounded good and profound, without thinking them through and realising himself that actually, this comment at least did have substance hidden in it.

Date: November 1, 2018 20:01

I think the point being
Mick in his 20’s was a long time ago
what someone reads or believes in their 20’s
usually changes and evolves as one grows up/ life experience/ education.

The more relevant questions would be
in 2018
Do you believe in God? Do you prayer to a higher power?
You were married in the Catholic Church, did you have to convert?
Etc Etc Etc

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1497
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home