Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT: Elvis '68 Comeback Special 50th anniversary
Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: October 31, 2018 06:48

Received this email from Elvis himself. winking smiley

’68 Comeback Special: 50th Anniversary Edition

’68 Comeback Special: 50th Anniversary Edition, available November 30, is the definitive chronicle of the now legendary NBC-TV show Elvis . After years of making formulaic movies, Elvis was finally unleashed to perform live again on an intimate stage with his original sidemen, Scotty Moore and D.J. Fontana. Playing “That’s All Right,” “Heartbreak Hotel,” “Lawdy Miss Clawdy” and many of his great hits, plus the emotional closing song “If I Can Dream” (which represented the profound changes sweeping the country in 1968), the sheer rawness and excitement of the performances attracted unanimous acclaim. “If ever there was music that could bleed, this was it,” Greil Marcus wrote of the special in his book Mystery Train.

This 5CD/2 Blu-ray collectible package includes all the special’s known audio recordings from RCA’s vault, from rehearsals to final masters, plus all the videotaped performances available for the first time in high definition. The set also features a comprehensive oral history of this historic event drawn from interviews conducted by Thom Zimny, director of Elvis Presley: The Searcher.

Pre-Order

Opening Number ('68 Comeback Special)
Elvis Presley opened his iconic 1968 television special with this fiery medley of “Trouble” and “Guitar Man.”

Video: Opening Production Number ('68 Comeback Special 50th Anniversary HD Remaster)

Re: OT: Elvis '68 Comeback Special 50th anniversary
Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: October 31, 2018 12:29

Super cool , I want this

Posted by: Ross ()
Date: October 31, 2018 12:33

As good as he ever was!

Date: October 31, 2018 12:44

I had never really looked at Elvis's guitar-fingers. He had great fingers. His pinky easily was down on the low E.

Posted by: falo01 ()
Date: October 31, 2018 13:23

sounds like mono again. will there ever be a stereo version?

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: October 31, 2018 20:39

Would The Stones consider making a TV Special like the Elvis one?
Not as a Comeback thing of course..maybe a chance to present their music a bit differently. Perhaps more acoustic. Maybe include some interviews.
And the odd guest...showcase their blues influences.

I suspect it won't happen of course, but it would give people who cannot afford concert prices a chance to see them, rather than just having to make do with another DVD concert film.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1530
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home