Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345
Current Page: 5 of 5
Re: Why was Jimmy Page quite a rage ?
Posted by: ab ()
Date: January 14, 2012 12:06

letitloose
Naturalust
mickschix
I actually saw the Plant/Page Tour in the 90's....it was OK. Not terrific as I expected.

I will have to strongly disagree with you Mickschix. I only saw one show (Los Angeles) but it was FANTASTIC. I was in the 3rd or 4th row on Page's side (Stage left) and I was blown away. Not so much by the polished Zepplin numbers they played but by the DRUMMER. I don't think it was Jason Bonham, the guy was too skinny, Some young kid anyway and he was just amazing. He put more into those drums than any drummer I have ever seen before or since. Really left a strong impression on me a the folks I was with. He was so into it and having so much fun I couldn't take my eyes off him. I wounder if any of the Zep fans out there can tell me who that dude was? He just smoked that night! peace.

have to agree with Mickschix on this one. I was sorely disappointed with the Page and Plant gig I saw in Glasgow(with the Black Crowes supporting). Page seemed disengaged - I seem to recall a second guitarist playing some of the solos. The arrangements of old Zep songs were all updated with weird ethnic overtones - all good and well, but I just wanted to hear the classic Zep catalogue in the way it was originally recorded. Since I've been loving you was utterly fantastic though.

The drummer in question is Michael Lee. He died a few years ago.

If you wanted to hear classic Zep in the way it was recorded, you should have seen the 1998 Page/Plant tour. Most of the show was songs from the first four Zep albums done by five piece in the older arrangements.

Goto Page: Previous12345
Current Page: 5 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1741
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home